TR telvannis world map - SOLVED

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

aestrivex

TR telvannis world map - SOLVED

Post by aestrivex »

map2 readme wrote:Not all of our land will fit into the world map. There is nothing we can do about this as the maps are hardcoded into the game. The local maps still work perfectly. There is, however, a world-map fix available for download now.
pray tell, where is this wonderful creation?
Andres Indoril
Senior Developer

Post by Andres Indoril »

[url=http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=911149&st=0&start=0]Here, me thinks.[/url]
[url=http://andresindoril.blogspot.com/][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyleft.jpg[/img][/url][url=http://www.youtube.com/user/AndresIndoril][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyright.jpg[/img][/url]
"You guys are no fun, I'll start my own TR with dead children and toy guars!" -Why
aestrivex

Post by aestrivex »

Andres Indoril wrote:[url=http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=911149&st=0&start=0]Here, me thinks.[/url]
it werks! thanks.
Aiwyn the Breton
Developer

Post by Aiwyn the Breton »

uhm, doesn't work for me, and the same is for fps optimizer... maybe the european goty edition is no good for these tools? :\
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

It's optional, you need to check the bottom option manually.
Aiwyn the Breton
Developer

ma no? :P
I saw it and I did it but still doesn't work :(
osiris
TR Tester

Post by osiris »

Maybe this thread could help you?

http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=21139&highlight=
Harke the Apostle, Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:26 pm
My book sucks cause it´s a vampire.

Hemitheon, Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:51 pm
*sarcastic*
You know what's also popular? Enormous flying cities and ridable dragons. Maybe TR should invest in navigable ships and underwater cities.
Aiwyn the Breton
Developer

osiris wrote:Maybe this thread could help you?
Already seen yesterday, but the problem still remains with an "improved" crash rate of the program :( (not map 2 fault, the every-5-minute crash begun after the patch application). I've also tried to uninstall the patch but it didn't find a backup (I didn't make it thinking the patch program did it itself) so it's still there... Plus, the WM suggestion is good, but every link i find to download it is "404 not found"ed :|
maybe I'll try uninstall+reinstall morrowind, I was starting a new game anyway...
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

There is a backup, and it's called "Morrowind.Original.exe". You can use the MCP to install and uninstall any and all patches.
Aiwyn the Breton
Developer

uhm... don't tell me... it doesn't work with the GOTY edition... :|
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

It works with the GotY edition. Heck, it only works with it. The program should tell you if it cannot patch the version you have.
Aiwyn the Breton
Developer

Well' I'm applying the basic program (it works well since C64):

Code: Select all

10 try
20 fail
30 try again
40 break
50 throw your computer in the trash can
60 goto 10
RUN
:D

EDIT: reinstalling morrowind, the patch doesn't apply.
Analyzing Morrowind.exe...
Backing up Morrowind.exe to Morrowind.Original.exe
There is no compatible patch for your version of Morrowind.exe. There may be more versions released in the future. If you should have a compatible version, please check you have not installed other patches such as Exe Optimizer, fpu2sse or no-CD patches. Check the readme for more details.
Patch failed to apply.
Now, morrowind is just reinstalled, no patches applied... i don't know what to do... :|
Blodskaal

Maybe this will help?

Post by Blodskaal »

Did you patch your GotY edition with the latest Bloodmoon patch?? I can imagine it being a prerequisite (wait that's a weird way of putting it), It might be necessary, but I'm not sure.

EDIT

I did some minor research and I found this for the first release of the Morrowind Code Patch

"...beta release 1 is out. It only works with a fully patched Bloodmoon or GOTY exe. The universal patcher will have to wait until I figure out how to read the segment headers from the exe."

I don't know whether he found how to read the segment headers already.
Aiwyn the Breton
Developer

I HAVE the GOTY edition, but maybe is something about WICH GOTY edition is: regional setting (European) or something about the "Ubisoft Exclusive" release of the TES3GOTY which is not compatible... :(
Kovacius

Post by Kovacius »

There was an earlier "GoTY" edition which didn't include TB and BM, according to what I understand. That one won't work.
Aiwyn the Breton
Developer

Mine includes TR, BM and and a fouth cd for the CS
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

Aiwyn the Breton wrote:Mine includes TR, BM and and a fouth cd for the CS
Note: the "Construction Set CD" doesn't actually contain the construction set, it contains the Morrowind data files all extracted and in uncompressed format (textures are TGA or BMP).

The idea being that, when you use the CS, you put that disc in your drive and when you create a new activator/static/whatever, you can browse the CD instead of looking in your Data Files folder where you won't find them because they're in the BSA file.
Aiwyn the Breton
Developer

Ah sì? I didn't know that... It has a CS installer inside and i never browse it, so I didn't noticed... anyway I use to work directly on NIFs and DDSs with PS and 3DS without using original meshes and textures, so... (OT end :D )
Anyway, many mods give me an "already modified" (or something like that) during the loading data phase when loading the application. Since i never patched it or modify it or whatever, I guess I have to wait the "universal version" of the patch to see Port Telvannis and Tear on my map... :|
osiris
TR Tester

Post by osiris »

Aiwyn the Breton wrote: Anyway, many mods give me an "already modified" (or something like that) during the loading data phase when loading the application. Since i never patched it or modify it or whatever, I guess I have to wait the "universal version" of the patch to see Port Telvannis and Tear on my map... :|
We Italians have an odd GOTY edition. Upgrade your Morrowind.exe to the v1.6.1820 by installing this patch

http://static.bethsoft.com/downloads/patches/Bloodmoon_v1.6.1820_European.exe

and all your problems will be solved.
Harke the Apostle, Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:26 pm
My book sucks cause it´s a vampire.

Hemitheon, Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:51 pm
*sarcastic*
You know what's also popular? Enormous flying cities and ridable dragons. Maybe TR should invest in navigable ships and underwater cities.
Aiwyn the Breton
Developer

Te pareva... :|

I thought the GOTY edition was already patched... I'll try, I trus you my senpai :)

EDIT:
uhm, ok, i did it, i patched it, re- patched it and now it works!

RE-EDIT:
Anyway, the Readme says is FPSO compatible, but FPS now doesn't recognizes the morrowind process... that's too bad :(