Port Telvannis Enchanter's cacophany problem - SOLVED

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Killerk

Port Telvannis Enchanter's cacophany problem - SOLVED

Post by Killerk »

I talked to the enchanter in Port Telvannis, and he said he can't concentrate with 'that cacophany.' It was added to my journal and as a dialogue option to most other characters, so I assume it's something substantial. I just want to know who I should mention it to in order to develop this quest more. Everyone I've talked to about it basically say that they don't know what I'm talking about.
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

there's a second enchanter in the city that he competes with, it's mentioned in rumors. I heard it from the hospitality guy near the docks, but others could have it too.
"Crashing the game is an innovative way of alerting the player that they've finished the quest, but I'm not sure that's the kind of innovation we're looking for." - Sload
coops36

Post by coops36 »

Iv'e talked to te other enchanter, but I can't get any further than that. There's no journal entry, and no indication of what to do next.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

Speak to him about 'cacophany'.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
coop36

Post by coop36 »

thats what i meant before. Iv'e clicked on the 'cacophony' topic and a reply comes up, but it doesnt trigger anything like a journal entry, so i havent a clue what to do next.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

If anyone ever says "What could you possibly mean by that, %PCName? I know nothing of these latest developments at Cerul's establishment", it should be clear that they certainly do know something. ;)

Perhaps you could ... loosen him up a bit? With gold? Hmhm?
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"

Post by Guest »

Ah, thanks BC. i'd forgotten about the disposition thing.

On a completely different subject, could someone please tell me what MGE is?
MMMowSkwoz
Developer

Post by MMMowSkwoz »

Morrowind Graphics Extender
MaMeeshkaMowSkwoz - choose your syllables
coops36

Post by coops36 »

Thanks again...erm, where could i find it btw?
MMMowSkwoz
Developer

Post by MMMowSkwoz »

[url=http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=Utilities.Detail&id=45]Here[/url], and I'm sure several other places too. Google knows all.
MaMeeshkaMowSkwoz - choose your syllables