BUG-Map 2 - SOLVED

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

L_G

BUG-Map 2 - SOLVED

Post by L_G »

Hello i form Brazil end i know a little about english so don't if i writer wrong.I just install the map 2 end were i go to Firewatch everything is duplicate.I think is because i don't install right.Can anybody help my?
MMMowSkwoz
Developer

Post by MMMowSkwoz »

You probably either have:

- Two versions of the mod running together (did you turn off the earlier version of map1 when you downloaded map2?)

or

- A corrupted save. Download [url=http://wrye.ufrealms.net/#WryeMash]wyre mash[/url] and clean your save.
MaMeeshkaMowSkwoz - choose your syllables
osiris
TR Tester

Post by osiris »

Do you have installed Slartibartfast's 'Map 1 Texture Fix'?
Harke the Apostle, Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:26 pm
My book sucks cause it´s a vampire.

Hemitheon, Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:51 pm
*sarcastic*
You know what's also popular? Enormous flying cities and ridable dragons. Maybe TR should invest in navigable ships and underwater cities.

Post by Guest »

Thanks XD
osiris
TR Tester

Post by osiris »

If you have installed 'Map 1 Texture Fix', uninstall it, then clean your savegames with Wrye Mash. That mod is now incorporated in Map 1.
Harke the Apostle, Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:26 pm
My book sucks cause it´s a vampire.

Hemitheon, Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:51 pm
*sarcastic*
You know what's also popular? Enormous flying cities and ridable dragons. Maybe TR should invest in navigable ships and underwater cities.
Bedrich Acronis

Post by Bedrich Acronis »

I'm having the same problem. I'm running Map1 2.0 and Map2 1.0 and have everything in every continental external cell duplicated. Signs, NPCs, creatures, you name it. Have I done something wrong?
MMMowSkwoz
Developer

Post by MMMowSkwoz »

Have you tried all the solutions given above?
Bedrich Acronis

Yes I have, and unless I don't know how to use Wrye Mash properly (entirely possible), I have exhausted all available possibilities. Should I reset spawn points, perhaps? First, I suppose I should find out what exactly is meant by "remove the old version of map1 when installed map2".
MMMowSkwoz
Developer

Post by MMMowSkwoz »

I'm probably being really condescending here, but to clarify:

1. When you downloaded map2, it came with a slgihtly updated version of map1. You need to go into Data Files in the Morrowind launch menu and deselect the earlier map1 plugin (or just remove it from your hard drive). Having two map1 plugins running simultaneously will cause everything to double.

Alternatively,

2. Your old saved game file stores information about objects that have changed (quests completed, NPCs moved, etc). When you replace the old map1 plugin with the update, anything that conflicts will be doubled because the new version doesn't recognise the saved game info. You can clean this in Wyre Mash by selecting the saves tab in the top left corner, selecting your saved game and clicking anywhere in the bottom right hand box. It's usually a good idea to make copies of your saves before doing this (sometimes resolving the file in this way removes records of you competing quests and other such things).

If you've already tried all that I'm out of ideas. Someone else might know though.
Bedrich Acronis

I've tried deselecting Map 1 because I'd heard about that, but doing that seems to cause the game to crash very reliably on startup. Also, even the objects in the new territory double.

==EDIT==
Problem solved. It was my stupidity, as I forgot to move the saves to the unusual place that the Morrowind saves go to (I use Vista; for others with the same problem, the directory is
%USERNAME\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Morrowind\Saves). I got a few errors (e.g. 'Failed to load Killed Object...'), but hopefully that was just duplicates; not that certain quests are broken now. Anyway, problem seems to be solved.
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

Which is why I always say not to install games in C:\Program Files...
Adamantine Fist

Post by Adamantine Fist »

I seem to be having the same problem here as this fellow did. I've ended up with duplicates of everyone. Would deactivating Map1 and just leaving Map2 on fix this?
Bedrich Acronis

Adamantine Fist wrote:I seem to be having the same problem here as this fellow did. I've ended up with duplicates of everyone. Would deactivating Map1 and just leaving Map2 on fix this?
I tried that and it would freeze and crash on startup, as Map2 requires Map1. Getting Wrye Mash fixed it right up for me, though I did have to do some work to get it to operate.

Post by Guest »

Tried Wyre Mash, but it didn't seem to do anything for me. It seems that absolutely everyone I had interacted with had a duplicate. Luckily, I hadn't been in any of the TR stuff very long, so I just loaded a save from just before I got to it. Everything seems to be working good now.