i10-16-Mis

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

MMMowSkwoz
Developer

Post by MMMowSkwoz »

Is everyone calling me Momo now?

I'm afraid I've never done any Oblivion scripting or Oblivion modding of any kind. However, a quick google search presents [url=http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/index.php/GetCrime]this function[/url], which I suspect could be used to do what you want.

Sorry I can't be more help.
MaMeeshkaMowSkwoz - choose your syllables
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

You prefer MaMeeshka? If that's what you wanna be called. I'll call ya that then. At least Momo is funner sounding that Hemi.

Thanks for pinpointing that page. I'll fuddle with it some more. If anything, we could always change the story and have the room filled with flesh atronachs named after certain political figures, it'd be real symbolic.

EDIT: Actually, could you just revoke this one, TF. I'd gladly give this int away to anyone who could get it to work. Besides that, I prefer Morrowind ints over Oblivion ints any day.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

I plan to continue calling him MowSkwoz due to that being his name.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

I will call momo momo because I like to say momo.

momo

also, revoked by request. We really need to just figure this one out.
C-A-G-E
Developer

Post by C-A-G-E »

Sounds to me like you guys are trying to do the impossible. I'm quite sure there is no way to give a creature ownership of something or make them care if you steal something from their faction.

However, there may be a way to make it seem like they do:

Firstly all of the gems and gold coins in the cell must be replaced with custom versions with a script attached which causes them to vanish when someone tries to pick them up and make a message box appear saying something along the lines of "The ruby/diamond/whatever crumbles into dust in you hands".

Also when this occurs a script should be used to disable the passive flesh atronach and enable an initially disabled aggressive one (the animation change will be hidden as a message box will be blocking the players screen). The aggressive atronach will then attack the player, who didn't even get any of the nice gems, truly nightmarish.

Futhermore it would add to the feeling if the purple coloured flesh atronach was used for the passive version and and the red coloured for the agressive version.

I'm not 100% sure if this will work but I think it is your best bet.
"There is no genius without a touch of madness"

Completed Oblivion Interiors: 6
Completed Morrowind Interiors: 8
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

I had once thought of something along those lines, but didn't think it would work because it would require a TON of unique items that would be noticable in the player's inventory. It never occured to me to have them crumble to dust. Thoughts on whether this idea is worth the effort?
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
MMMowSkwoz
Developer

Post by MMMowSkwoz »

Can you not use the dummy NPC idea? Instead of just relying on the NPC's aggression, check for theft using a script. Then have that script cause the creature to attack. It shouldn't be too difficult to determine whether that GetCrime command works this way.
MaMeeshkaMowSkwoz - choose your syllables
C-A-G-E
Developer

Post by C-A-G-E »

I cant speak for MMMowSkwoz's idea as I dont know how it works. I had a try at my idea though. I got the whole "gold coin disappears when you try to pick it" up thing to work but when I tried to add the "disable passive atronach and enable aggressive atronach" script nothing happens (even the gold coin script stops working).

Does anyone know how this might be done? I'm no scripting expert. Heres my test file with disappearing gold coin and passive and aggressive atronachs added:

(PS: I tweaked the stats of the atronach to make him a little less of a push over in combat)
Attachments
TR_i10-16-Mis_Hemitheon_TEST.esp
(38.34 KiB) Downloaded 18 times
"There is no genius without a touch of madness"

Completed Oblivion Interiors: 6
Completed Morrowind Interiors: 8
Herennius Volsinius
Developer

Post by Herennius Volsinius »

I just tried this with a script which measures the player's encumbrance. If it goes higher when the player is in the room, the atronach attacks. It works fine but the script will only activate when the player picks up more than 1 pound of weight.
Herennius Volsinius
Developer

I believe my method will work. I have just made it work when the player drops items in the cell. As for the light items, maybe I could make copies of them and attach a script to them that makes them 'turn to ash' when the player picks them up, as was suggested before. That, or we could just let the player pick them up.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Thats fucking genious!

Granting so you can impliment that.
Herennius Volsinius
Developer

I've just finished checking this and it seems fine. Could someone playtest it and try to beat the script before this is sent to reviewing?
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

actually, that is what reviewing is for. I should have submitted this ages ago
Nanu
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nanu »

Loaded this up and everything looks fine. The int is great and spooky.

The encumbrance thing is genius, the only problem is that the script might want to check for LOS. Otherwise, you can take stuff in another room and take it and the thing attacks you anyway.

Who knows, maybe the thing FEELS when something is taken.
"You can remove spells from your list in Morrowind. I think it was shift-click, don't quote me on that though." - Cathartis
|[url=http://tinyurl.com/mnbsqv]Forum Rules[/url]
|[url=http://tinyurl.com/mj594z]Moratorium[/url]
| [url=http://tinyurl.com/6msxag]Writing for TR[/url]
Herennius Volsinius
Developer

That problem could also be solved by using the "getdetected" command in the script to determine if the creature sees the player. I personally think it's creepier if the creature seems to 'feel' the player taking an object.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

I agree
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Wow this claim has been around a long time. Approving