Stupid Question: Offical Mods in TR

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

RelinQ

Stupid Question: Offical Mods in TR

Post by RelinQ »

Um okay, This is probably an obvious question but Im curious to know if any of the official mods will be including into the TR? like... actaully added to our data rather than additionally having several offical plug-ins.

I would be assuming 'Siege at Firemoth' would be because of the landmass. But Im unsure.
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

No. We will not include any official plugin.

However, we'll make sure Map4 (that's the one in the area) will be compatible with Firemoth because that's an official plugin.
Kovacius

Post by Kovacius »

While we're asking "stupid questions", will Map 4 REQUIRE the Firemoth official plugin? Without it, it seems that there would need to be a "blank spot" on the map, with no features which might conflict, yet the surrounding portions of the map should reflect the fact that a fort exists (roads, dialog directions, signs) to make it all seem "connected".
Chin Music
Developer

Post by Chin Music »

No, basically what Gez said is that Map 4 is being made to accommodate the Firemoth plugin should people choose to use it. You don't have to use it if you don't want to, but if you did, you would still be able to use Map 4.

And I think the Firemoth plugin is a few small islands anyway, so any "blank patch" created by not using it will just be ocean. However, while Map 4 will not conflict with the plugin, I don't think it will be constructed under the assumption that the content added by the plugin exists, since Firemoth is indeed optional.
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

No, there will not be any land road leading to a volcanic atoll in the middle of the inner sea. Plus, it's overrun by skeletons so nobody would want to go there anyway.

As for having people referring to it in dialogue... I suppose it is possible, but is it really needed? Nobody on Vvardenfell talks to you about it, except for Sellus Gravius. So why should people on the mainland talk about it?
RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

Okay, I understand what you mean Gez, but still... Just because people dont talk about it, doesnt mean it doesnt need to be there, you could say that about any ruin or shrine on a deserted island somewhere.

The only real reason it would be needed is because of the actaul terrain (Landmass), Its a physical island in the Inner Sea. so its a bit wierd not having it. I mean imagine if you just removed something like.. Ald Daedroth from the map. (I'm not talking about relivance btw, just the landmass)
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

if people never knew ald daedroth was there in the first place they would hardly notice a blank patch of sea where it would be.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

Fair enough.

If it was up to me I'd at the mod, but it isnt.

Um anyway forgeting about firemoth, originally I was thinking more about the other plugins like the Area effect arrows and the Lefem armour (god only knows why It thought of that plugin).

So is it just... All official plugins = no? >.>
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

we are not going to use any of the official plugins. We are not going to conflict with them though.
Reviewing Administrator

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
greendogo
TR Tester

Post by greendogo »

One of the great things about the modding community is that someone will probably create a mod that fills the empty space where firemoth should be with an appropriate ocean area.
Gentlemen, start your striders:
[url]http://tristikov.deviantart.com/art/G-Dunmer-wit-Siltstridaz-dawg-28071455[/url]
hmmmm... I should have looked at this guys DA gallery before posting a link to it... he likes horses... a little too much
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

or maybe people will just download firemoth, or not care enough about otherwise empty space to notice a lack of anything for 12 or so cells.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

Alrighty then.

I actaully thought of possibly combining all the official mods and the unofficial morrowind patch 1.64 into the one esp/esm.

eitherway it doesnt matter, I got my answer I wanted so, thanks everyone.
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

[url=http://www.elderscrolls.com/downloads/updates_plugins.htm]Let's see[/url]:
- Siege at Firemoth: already addressed
- Adamantium Armor: Redundant with Tribunal, since we rely on Tribunal we don't need that plugin to use adamantium armor here or there
- LeFemm Armor: Pointless, we could integrate the armors to put them on NPCs here or there but honestly they're ugly
- Master Index: Irrelevant
- Helm of Tohan: A unique artefact, c'm'on, we can't plug more of it
- Area Effect Arrows: We do have magic arrows and bolts and stuff already
- Entertainers: Pointless, but we do have the book of jokes in Data
RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

like I said, it doesnt matter. All I wanted to know was where TR stands on plugins.