Permission request

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Viirin

Permission request

Post by Viirin »

Please don't hit me! I have huge respect for all the work everyone here has done. I've always wanted to use the same character through all the elder scrolls games, and you guys are making that possible.

I'm working on a big mod (my first one I'll release). I plan on it being placed at West Gash -14 13, where there's nothing but ruins in a dangerous area. The mod will build a fort there. One of the towers I'm having be a super-exhaustive library, and I want every book/scroll/schematic and scrap of paper on display there, and I'd like to formally ask permission on including the readables that are included in Tamriel Rebuilt.

Why? I'm (possibly wrong in) hoping I can make a 'relatively' small mod to bind all other mods together. If I'm not allowed to use the Daggerfall books, as an example, I understand, but I really would like to.
It wasn't me! I swear! Okay, it was me. But it was on accident and I'll never do it again! Actually I did it on purpose and it was fun. But I'm really sorry! Okay, actually I'm quite proud.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

You want to use our books? Sure, just give credit to Tamriel Rebuilt in your readme and there are no problems.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

Will you also incorporate the new books for Hammerfell?

BTW, good luck. I love libraries but I hate having to angle each book individually.
Viirin

Permission request

Post by Viirin »

Thanks guys!

Yeah, it is kinda annoying to angle the books right, but I think it'll be worth it when I'm done. As of right now, I have permission from:

Tamriel Rebuilt (lots of books!)
Farmer 4.3 (for sale signs & farmer guild books)
Pegas Horse Ranch 2.1 (horse books, training/purchase logs, the welcome poster)
Canadian Ice's Ruby Knight Armor (there's a price list)
Children of Morrowind (nursery rhyme books)
Indy Bank (ownership deeds)

I'm still waiting to get permission from: Cult of the Clouds, Illuminated Order, Vampiric Embrace, Abot's Water life, Advanced herbalism, mana recharge, the underground, horror mod, giants ultimate, armorer, abigail's petshop, morrowind crafting, twin lamps & slave hunters, reign of fire, sea of destiny, the black mill, tolarn, wayfarer's rest, and last but not least: westley presents dremora markyraz.

If that's NOT a 150% exhaustive list, and there's more mods with books/scrolls etc, then please let me know! I don't want to skimp on ANYTHING.

The library was gonna just be an attachment to "Mori Mountain Estate"'s library, but I decided that barely anyone has that mod, as it conflicts with Balmora Expanded. If I did it in my own mod (hence building) it could be any size, and contain everything ever made. Mori Estate has 574 books/etc on 11 bookshelves fully packed. The first floor of my mod has the same amount of shelves, and its three stories tall!

All my responses will be much shorter. I'm just excited.
It wasn't me! I swear! Okay, it was me. But it was on accident and I'll never do it again! Actually I did it on purpose and it was fun. But I'm really sorry! Okay, actually I'm quite proud.
Viirin

Permission request

Post by Viirin »

Oh, actually you know what? I just remembered that there's some plants in your guys' maps that (as far as I know) there aren't alchemy jars (like jjs jars) for.

Once I get around to it, mind if I include your alchemy stuff too? If there aren't jars or seeds for them, I'll do that too.
Nanu
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nanu »

Books are fine by me, as long as credit is given. The jars and stuff are fine as well, so long as credit is given.

We just like the credit. :P
"You can remove spells from your list in Morrowind. I think it was shift-click, don't quote me on that though." - Cathartis
|[url=http://tinyurl.com/mnbsqv]Forum Rules[/url]
|[url=http://tinyurl.com/mj594z]Moratorium[/url]
| [url=http://tinyurl.com/6msxag]Writing for TR[/url]
Viirin

Permission request

Post by Viirin »

Not a problem at all, for either! Also, do you have jars for TR herbs? If not, when I get around to it, I'll make them a mod on its own and give you it, just in case you guys have an auto alchemy lab somewhere.