Troubles with the MW CS

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

blackbird
Reviewer

Troubles with the MW CS

Post by blackbird »

For some reason I can't drag and rotate objects any more with the mouse in some cells. I can select those objects and drag them into the render window, but those objects won't react when i click on the left or right mouse button. Every other control works fine, like the f button. I've reinstalled MW, and the trouble remains. I can't find anything that causes this problem. But the strange part that the eastern portion of that claim doesn't have that problem.

This problem only occurs when I'm doing an exterior cell of map3A6.
Viirin

Troubles with the MW CS

Post by Viirin »

I was having a problem in the CS where my number keys stopped working and I couldn't mess with the axis or coordinates of things. After I turned my robot on and off (15 minutes off then on) it was fine. Did you just reinstall or restart as well?
It wasn't me! I swear! Okay, it was me. But it was on accident and I'll never do it again! Actually I did it on purpose and it was fun. But I'm really sorry! Okay, actually I'm quite proud.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

While I'm not sure, I believe this happens randomly and sporadically from time to time; the CS instance running (TES Construction Set.exe in the task manager) will become partially corrupted after a while and it will either require that you re-start the CS, or in some severe cases re-install it. I don't know what causes this.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

I have reinstalled MW already and this problem also occurs on another pc with windows xp.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Maybe there's somwthing wrong with your disk?
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

I don't know. The game doesn't crash when I enter those cells.
blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

Problem solved.
Some torch light was magicaly placed (IIRC it jumped) at the very top of a cell (the height was about 10^9). I couldn't reach it with using the v-button or mouse scroll. It took some time to delete that light.