It's been a long time...

Place where the game's audio assets are produced.

Moderators: Gesshoku, Lead Developers

Telsar
Developer

It's been a long time...

Post by Telsar »

Hey all, I actually tried to get involved in the music dept. here at TR several years ago, but I didn't have the time or technology to really succeed, and I spent more time arguing in the lounge over controversial issues when that was still allowed than doing any work :). Anyway, I've just finished my degree and now I need a hobby so I don't go crazy, so I thought I'd revisit this great project. I'd love to contribute to the music efforts. Below I have a link to a sample I whipped up tonight. The mix is pretty soft and there were some issues with the brass cutting out, but Cubase lost my project file and I figured it's a sample anyway so who cares. This is just to give you a feel for my music style and the samples I have. I'd also be open to taking others' MIDI files and sequencing those.

http://minerva.solit.us/archives/downloadstatic/4831998787

(The link will expire in 48 hours).
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Hey, it's been a while. The link is invalid; it returns this error: Your IP does not match the one in the database.

How big is the file? If it's under 10MB, feel free to upload it here in a post.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Telsar
Developer

Post by Telsar »

That's weird, it works for me. I'll go ahead an upload it.
Gesshoku
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gesshoku »

Welcome back Telsar, seems you were active before my time. It's always good to see some of the old sound department people from time to time!

Your sample is excellent, the quality is really awesome too. I use cubase as well :)

We're in need of a few songs anyway, and you've got the tools to have high quality music, as well as the talent to use those tools.

Feel free to upload your songs, start a thread/library post for yourself! Welcome back, I look forward to getting to know you better.
--Dave
Telsar
Developer

Post by Telsar »

Thanks for the welcome back. I'll start a thread for my music as soon as I'm done with my first piece. Are there any requirements for the audio files (type, sample rate, kbs/sec, etc...)?
Gesshoku
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gesshoku »

MP3, 44100 Khz, 128 kbps, 2 Channel Stereo
--Dave