8-7-For

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

How close to the city are those cliffs?
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

the city sits on an elevated plateau between the rivers, so the cliffs are just off the city walls in the western half.

http://www.lindsayfincher.com/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=3382
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

N did I give you permission to post those pictures of my house?
"Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names."

"How dare you question the colonnade!" - one of the Glorious Leaders

"Nemon + IKEA = creationism" - some guy

"The layout is awesome, the scale is awesome, the whole city is just awesome!" - Tyrion on Blacklight, circa 2007
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

yes, when you signed the contract to turn your soul over to TR :P

anyways, worked some on the harbor and the cliffy parts. also did some editing to the interior of the city, mostly around the plaza that connects to the harbor.
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

Lady Nerevar wrote:yes, when you signed the contract to turn your soul over to TR :P
No wonder automatic doors don't open for me... I thought it was just because I was asian.
"Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names."

"The layout is awesome, the scale is awesome, the whole city is just awesome!" - Tyrion on Blacklight, circa 2007
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

The blog included a few new screens, care to post a WhollyImpressivePlugin?
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

uploaded :]
In hoc signo vinces

-PoHa!
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

ive started to work on this again. detailing the MC area mostly, adding a couple houses. getting somewhat worried about FPS, so going to wall of a few areas (behind/between houses) and make them inaccessible.

i hope to update with screens soonish
In hoc signo vinces

-PoHa!
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

went in to test this the other day, looking pretty sweet if i do say so myself. got uber lag though :( so now im splitting the lower class area of from the MC. not too hard, just placed another building and a couple of fences.

ive uploaded the latest version. i would appreciate if someone tested it to see if the lag is noticeable on better computers.
In hoc signo vinces

-PoHa!
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

I'll have a go with it later this day, gotta do something useful soon.
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Well, I had lower fps than in Rihad, so I might suggest separate worldspaces :).

Btw, a little snapshot of Taneth with Rihad in the distance...

[url=http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/3030/oblivion200812102200176am5.jpg][img]http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/3030/oblivion200812102200176am5.th.jpg[/img][/url]
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

did a little work on this. moved the LC section to its own worldspace. also worked some on the harbor area. i think the LC and MC sections are very close to done, i just need the rest of the meshes to put everything together.

not totally sure how im going to handle the market. theres plenty of space, but im worried about it bringing down FPS.

gota make sure to include the docks in next OoT... and maybe model some polygon deducing market displays (like crates of apples or something).
In hoc signo vinces

-PoHa!
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

havent updated in a while. did not work on it much, though did have a few productive sittings. moved the LC into a separate world successfully and added some more detail to both it and the middle class. also started work on the fort, looking pretty crazy so far.
In hoc signo vinces

-PoHa!
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Have you done anything to the areas outside the city? Just like to know what thoughts you have for the area around the bridge west of Taneth... Is the Gilane area going to be very different than the Goldmoory area around Taneth? I know Alik'r is beyond Gilane again, and that one's a desert, so some sort of transition must be in place...
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

GM generation stops at that river. i would actually like to make the area around Taneth more sandy and deserty (with the lush areas around the river remaining GM). Gilane should be full on desert, we have little enough of that in Hammerfell.

ive worked mostly on the port area, but i did add cliffs to the river.
In hoc signo vinces

-PoHa!
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

Got any updates?
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

havnet had much time to work on this, been focusing on other stuff. i'd say the main middle and lower class areas are done. cant do much around the port or the upper class district (as well as the part of the MC that borders it) as i dont have the meshes.
In hoc signo vinces

-PoHa!
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

decided to take a little break from the tedium of my other activities and do a little work on this. did a bit more detailing in all areas and added some collision boxes between the world spaces.
In hoc signo vinces

-PoHa!
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

Isn't the dockside still LC?

Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

yes, it is. im counting dock as a separate area though
breakdown:

Middle Class - 90% (need to finish up buffer zone to UC)
Upper Class - 10% (sidewalks placed, thats about it)
Lower Class - 95% (maybe add more clutter or buildings)
Market MC - 70% (need more market clutter, detailing)
Harbor LC - 60% (need dock set, then more buildings/detailing)
Castle - 20% (1st building largely done, not sure if i like it)

i havent done much with the outside of the city. ideally i'd like to leave the western buffer cells completely undetailed (i have a road and a tavern there, thats it), so that they can then be included in a desert claim.
In hoc signo vinces

-PoHa!
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

Can you post a WIP or send me one?

Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

alright, latest WIP up.

i need someone to test this: enter taneth from the south (harbor) by going through those metal gates. tell me if you experience any freezing, crashes, etc. for some reason this causes my computer to first freeze and then turn off the monitor and wont let me turn it back on again.
In hoc signo vinces

-PoHa!
jonarus_drakus
Developer

Post by jonarus_drakus »

Due to having the claim right next door and having downloaded your WiP (and the one on my other side) for the purpose of making the transitions a smooth a posible i was convieniently able to test your problem...

The only problem with those gate was the fact that i was expecting something to go wrong only to have nothing happen. Unfortunately i have to say that i suspect the problem is on your end because my computer is more prone to hissy fits than the most self absorbed of hollywood celebs. I think i may have had the load order wrong tho, as the terain was all crazy with open seems and floating buildings and stuff in the LC and Docks areas...

PS: I have my grass distence maxed out but when i visit my claim in game not a single blade of grass appears (like i said, my PC is a drama queen).
~Give yourself to the Darkside, We have Dental!
~The Death-Star lounge will now hold happy hour every night from 11.
~DUN DUN DUN, Da Da-DAH, Da Da-DAH! (imperial march)
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

make sure you have the latest copy of OoT, before that i had misplaced the grass textures :v

thanks for testing, i guess this confirms my computer was being bitchy. i crashed entering anvil the same way later that day and then websites were missing graphics and the CS would not start at all. i think its fixed now though :P
In hoc signo vinces

-PoHa!
Beave
Developer

Post by Beave »

I think the monitor turning off has to do with the power supply, some kind of malfunction; it happens to me sometimes. The stupid thing is that Microsoft offers a driver download for the power supply and nVidia graphics, both of which I already have. But that's just me.
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

with the dock set finally completed i started the real work on the harbor. its going surprisingly fast, i have most of the docks laid out and started cluttering them.

also started adding some inviso-walls to prevent entry into empty regions.

i did notice that i packed the wrong version of the docks in OoT :( it still works, the mapping is just off. sucks, since i overwrote the right version when installing the update :(
In hoc signo vinces

-PoHa!
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Maybe you could use the collison walls as doors like I did in Rihad??
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

im mostly just reinforcing walls and buildings, so the player shoudnt be able to go there in the first place.
In hoc signo vinces

-PoHa!
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

worked some more on the docks, added the road that goes around the city. needs some more detail, but its looking good.
In hoc signo vinces

-PoHa!
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

N this needs an update as soon as you are back.

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

well im not back yet but here is an update. i did a bit more on the docks and made some large changes to the LC area. Ada and I also re-drafted the plans a bit - i'll be implimenting them when i get back. not quite sure when the home computer will be up, but it should be soon-ish.
In hoc signo vinces

-PoHa!
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Update by today?

Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

hah, today was a couple of days ago, but i just now saw this. no progress, obviously. not sure what to do with this, i mean theoretically you can revoke it but 1) theres really no one else (is there?) and 2) its largely in a state of stasis until we get more models.
In hoc signo vinces

-PoHa!
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

I know you've been very busy, but a post from you would still be nice.

Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

worked on this today and yesterday. did significant detailing on the main LC area and added a house or two there are well. also worked on the market street area, and nuked the north side of town in preparation for a major overhaul involving the UC and temple.

gona try and playtest it today and get some new screenshots up.
In hoc signo vinces

-PoHa!
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

its crashing whenever i look towards the city. someone have a look?

cow TRHammerfell (-5,25) should take you near the city
Attachments
TR_8-7-For_Tyrion_2.esp
(527.2 KiB) Downloaded 48 times
In hoc signo vinces

-PoHa!