Ok! I'm looking for clever people's help ;D (anyone really)

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Gustav
Developer

Ok! I'm looking for clever people's help ;D (anyone really)

Post by Gustav »

I've just posted some of my work in the concept art forums... and I got into a brief yet helpful discussion about one of my pieces - kind of a more promotional piece than concept, but hey. Basically the little slogan I came up with at the bottom of the picture is really rather rubbish!! And I've decided to ask you lot if you could come up with a better "slogan" thing to put there than me, because to be frank - I'm not brilliant at these sorts of things =P

*EDIT*
[By the way this is only a request for help with the piece that is linked below, not for any of the proper logos or a request for the addition of a slogan, I don't seem to have made this clear before!! Sorry to anyone who misunderstood me first time round!!]

Currently its;
"The Elder Scrolls fan project to build the rest of Tamriel"

It needs to change to something better ;D

Oh and heres a link to the piece;
http://img199.imageshack.us/i/trlogo1.jpg/

Many thanks!
Gus

And the list:
1)Tamriel wont rebuilt itself
2)A foray into the Elder Scrolls world beyond...
3)Time has come for you to discover the true Tamriel
4)Morrowind, the other two thirds
5)...

Oh and as Scatterlaser says, something that is appealing to Elder Scrolls fans in particular =D
Last edited by Gustav on Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.
simonp92

Post by simonp92 »

well, im not a member but i saw one of the TR modders had this in his/her signature:
"Tamriel wont rebuilt itself"

I think it is pretty good.
Gustav
Developer

Post by Gustav »

Hehe, thats quite witty, thanks Simon =D I'll start a list, then maybe make a poll - I've always wanted to try that!!
Beave
Developer

Post by Beave »

"A foray (or adventure, if you like) into the Elder Scrolls world beyond..."

That's a signature I came up with for my BGS Forum account.
Gustav
Developer

Post by Gustav »

Awesomeness =D I think I'll stick to foray over adventure as it sounds much more pleasing/interesting than adventure - I have to say i've never heard of it before, but that makes it all the better - thanks, Beave!
Revenant

Post by Revenant »

Beave wrote:"A foray (or adventure, if you like) into the Elder Scrolls world beyond..."
Doesn't sound like that flows right IMO. ?

Either ways, we already have a very nice logo as it is. Nice work though.
Nanu
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nanu »

Do you have any website skills? That logo is awesome.

Lud is the one that had the "Tamriel won't rebuild itself," but that was more of a "hey guys let's do some work" sort of thing.
"You can remove spells from your list in Morrowind. I think it was shift-click, don't quote me on that though." - Cathartis
|[url=http://tinyurl.com/mnbsqv]Forum Rules[/url]
|[url=http://tinyurl.com/mj594z]Moratorium[/url]
| [url=http://tinyurl.com/6msxag]Writing for TR[/url]
Théodore

Post by Théodore »

Tamriel won't rebuilt itself isn't a good moto in my view, it sounds too much like "Hey, you lazy guy, what are you doing ? Come on and help us !" and not enought like something like "Time has come for you to discover the true Tamriel."
Slowly translating Stirk into French.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

I don't think we need a slogan. The name Tamriel Rebuilt speaks for itself. A slogan would just clutter up the logo anyway.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Scatterlaser

Post by Scatterlaser »

Why don't we make a phrase with a humorous Elder scrolls twist.For instance instead of the phrase "working for a better world","working for a daedra free world".I know this isn't funny or that humorous of a twist but I am using to illustrate what I believe it should be,a witty statement that appeals to all Elder Scrolls fans.
Faalen
Developer

Post by Faalen »

Haplo wrote:I don't think we need a slogan. The name Tamriel Rebuilt speaks for itself. A slogan would just clutter up the logo anyway.
Q1-77-Tel current progress:
[url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=266462#266462]Journals 100% done.[/url]
Practical implementation is now underway.
Gustav
Developer

Post by Gustav »

Lol, serves me right for being lazy and not checking back here all day, now I'm not really sure who to answer first... Ok, I'm going to answer this in a round about, all together kind of way!

Firstly I'd like to point out that I was very vague in outlining the purpose of the piece itself - it is not in anyway my vision of replacing any current TR logos or giving TR a slogan(given the nature of the website, it wouldn't be appropriate to have one), it is just a banner I have designed to go on other web pages, like my face-book, myspace, etc. or in my signature (though currently I have none). (sounds awfully disclaimer like, I know =[)

The slogan idea I thought to incorporate into the original idea design as to give a clue of what the banner was at all about (I know my self I am wary of clicking on things that don't contain enough information!). However as a response to (constructive) criticism to my rather tacky "slogan", I decided to change it. I'd also decided it is probably a problem I could better tackle with the helpful people of the forums, I posted that question here!

Oh, and to Nanu - no I don't have any website skills (at least not URL ones, if thats what you mean;), glad you like it!! =D and I found out it was Lud's just last night =D

I also agree for my "slogan" (lets still call it that!) I do agree its not supposed to sound bossy, but more intriguing and, perhaps motivating... so yeah, funny is good!! If anyone still wants to help, please I'm still open to anything you can come up with. Maybe if its a moment in the shower or while walking the dog - I'd like to know... I'm a bit of OCD when it comes to finishing of separate art pieces... or maybe there should be nothing there at all??

Anyway, that turned out longer than it should, so thanks for the input guys, very, very much appreciated!!
Gus
Kovacius

Post by Kovacius »

"Tamriel won't rebuild itself" is fine as a slogan for the project itself, but not for the "product". It sounds like a "recruitment" theme. That's fine for the application where it was used, to interest people in the project itself, but not something to "sell" the finished release to the average player.

I can't come up with a catchy way of wording it at the moment, but something along the general idea of "Morrowind, the other two thirds" (only stated in a less blunt and uninteresting manner), would clearly define it.
MMMowSkwoz
Developer

Post by MMMowSkwoz »

Is this meant to only be for the MW part of the project?
MaMeeshkaMowSkwoz - choose your syllables
Gustav
Developer

Post by Gustav »

Well, no its kind of a sum op of TR so both hammerfell and morrowind, did you have anything in particular in mind?

Its not so much as to recruit or sell TR, more just something to interest people - it would be a shame to try and force it upon anyone...

Thanks, Kovacius, I see what you mean, I'll add your idea to the list (even if you appear to be unconfident in it) as much as to get the general idea out there and build open it then anything else =D

*EDIT* And to those who might not fully understand what this is about please read my two big messages, one at the top another further down, thanks!!

Myzel edit: deleted your accidental double post.