Sacred East release date?

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Zodiak91

Sacred East release date?

Post by Zodiak91 »

Hello all, I was just looking around the main page and I glanced at a post that said TR is halfway done with Sacred East. That was in 2008 though.. Any help would be highly appreciated.
"Fear is only as bad as we percieve it, overcoming it is the scary part."
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

We have 2 claims left, we don't know when they will be done.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Zodiak91

Post by Zodiak91 »

Okay, thanks man. I am excited to see how it turns out!
"Fear is only as bad as we percieve it, overcoming it is the scary part."
TheUnending
Developer

Post by TheUnending »

Only 2 claims???

Wow!!!

I can't wait to see how Necrom turned out ;).
"*Sips Coffee*"

"The only sure way of taking over the world without your plans being ruined at the eleventh hour by some nosy kid... steal everyone's shoes..."
drfroth

Post by drfroth »

Wow...that is great news.

I'm so glad to hear that there are only 2 left...I've been waiting and very excited about your next release for a very, very long time.

I understand that you have no idea how long it will take to complete those last two...(I suspect one or both involve quests) but it is good to know that it is right on the edge of being complete.

Keep up the outstanding work
Just when you think it's all ducks and checkers, the salamander begins to frolic in the eggnogg.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

not to be a kill joy or anything, but we only had 3 claims left for the entirety of 2010...
Reviewing Administrator

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
TheUnending
Developer

Post by TheUnending »

^-- If I may ask what do those claims include? Quests? NPC's and Dialogue?

I wonder how close they are to completion... hmm...
"*Sips Coffee*"

"The only sure way of taking over the world without your plans being ruined at the eleventh hour by some nosy kid... steal everyone's shoes..."
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

NPC detailing and quests, same as it has been for the last few years. (so dialog, quests, and NPCs)
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Showcase?
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
Arizzi

Post by Arizzi »

wait, how many active modders for quests and dialogue do you guys have. I've heard that your short on them.
Nanu
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nanu »

Not many. You're welcome to start a showcase if you'd like to help, though. :)

Also, moved to TR Public.
"You can remove spells from your list in Morrowind. I think it was shift-click, don't quote me on that though." - Cathartis
|[url=http://tinyurl.com/mnbsqv]Forum Rules[/url]
|[url=http://tinyurl.com/mj594z]Moratorium[/url]
| [url=http://tinyurl.com/6msxag]Writing for TR[/url]
TheUnending
Developer

Post by TheUnending »

I was going to go into quest making but I didn't do very well on dialogue...
"*Sips Coffee*"

Mortimer
Developer

Post by Mortimer »

I'm just waiting for my quest showcase to be looked at :3
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

TheUnending wrote:I wonder how close they are to completion... hmm...
I won't be done with mine for awhile. I haven't had as much time due to the end of the semester at my University. Thankfully my computer isn't good enough for Skyrim, or I'd have even less time. :lol:

Just so you know, you can follow progress on the last two claims

here:

http://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=17471

and here:

http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=23006
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
RaptorZX3

Post by RaptorZX3 »

I think that the lands wouldn't necessarily need to be released in order of maps number!
For example, if Map 3 and 5 isn't done yet, but Map 4 is, then release Map 4, and then later release other maps when it's done

I noticed on the old claims maps that all of Map 4 seem to be complete. But that may be only the exteriors.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Exteriors are done for all of claim maps 1-4 and most of 5. Almost all of the interiors are done for claim maps 1-4. Quests and NPCs however are still being finished for the last bits of Sacred East. We work on things in order, finishing a release out of order will never happen.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
RaptorZX3

Post by RaptorZX3 »

ah ok, well i thought with creating "map zones" would help in releasing the whole maps not in order.

So does that mean the new release will contain quests from NPCs that will require you to go, for example, from Necrom to Port Telvannis or Firewatch?
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

the misc quests of SE tend to be more localized. This said, I would imagine that the quests that should begin planning following the release would be less constrained.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
RaptorZX3

Post by RaptorZX3 »

thank you for the infos. I might decide to apply in helping soon, i don't know...you see, i tend to be very slow in decisions like that. I never played Oblivion nor Skyrim, but i heard that Morrowind is so much better on a lot of points that it kinda scare me to go play them now, lol!

But are the 2 remainings claims are actually claimed and being worked on right now?
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

RaptorZX3 wrote: But are the 2 remainings claims are actually claimed and being worked on right now?
Yes, after their completion we do some internal testing before release.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

One actually has been completed and has moved on to being merged.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Which is why I pretty much should shut up and concentrate on exterior building. :v
RaptorZX3

Post by RaptorZX3 »

i think it would be a good idea to show all the map zones for the Sacret East and the remaining, if it's all set already. That will maybe want peoples to help more in the project to see which map is covering what in Morrowind.

i know the "Map 1 to 6" isn't valid and it has been splitted in smaller pieces now, but no one know about which cover what, apart of the modders having access to that stuff.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

[url=http://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=22200]Way ahead of you[/url]
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

By 3 years
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
RaptorZX3

Post by RaptorZX3 »

i don't read a whole forum in a few days, and i probably wouldn't for any forums on the net. But thanks for the link :)
TheUnending
Developer

Post by TheUnending »

Thrignar Fraxix wrote:[url=http://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=22200]Way ahead of you[/url]
Indeed you were way ahead of him ;)!

That map is a little hard to find though since it is nowhere else on the site except that one thread where its linked to.
"*Sips Coffee*"

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Well it is in the first 10 threads of the first forum of the entire board, appropriately titled "NEWS". I guess I'm from a generation where people search first and ask second instead of ask first and search never.

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

cabal

Post by cabal »

I just don't understand why it's only in a thread on the forums and not in the maps section of the main site.
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Because we don't really use the main site anymore.
RaptorZX3

Post by RaptorZX3 »

"we" doesn't include all the newcomers who get misled by the website itself.

It would be a great idea to update it with the new map and zones at least...
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

I don't think adding our release map to the main webpage would be too hard. I do admit it isn't exactly easy to find.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

RaptorZX3 and cabal do have good points, obviously. A release map "pinned" would be good, as well as a few paragraphs on each release and their current status.
RaptorZX3

Post by RaptorZX3 »

and after all this time, i was wondering why you never came up with this and actually updated the map on the site.

Because seeing on UESP that you has been splitted in 9 parts instead of 6, but then on TR website it's still 6 parts being shown, but the news part is still being updated. So yes, it's confusing for a lot of peoples.

as a side note: At least i'm able to grab some uncompiled versions of the lands parts of the unreleased maps as a temporary mean of "background filling". Why you ask? because i'm dead sick of being on the south and west edges of the island of Vvardenfell, near the water, and seeing endless lengths of water at the far-away horizon while, theorically, i should be able to see land on the other side...

I do use Morrowind Overhaul along with MGE XE engine, and cranked up the view range, so at the same time i can see much farther than with the regular Morrowind engine:
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/File:Firewatch_morrowind.jpg
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/File:Morrowind_helnim.jpg
(Screenshots by me. Credits to the person(s) who made Firewatch and Helnim :) )
Hayabusa153
Developer

Post by Hayabusa153 »

That's true. Even if it was a manual update, it'd still help peoples see what's up. This site is pretty silent about it's progress sometimes...
I tried not to use the signature box but it was so big and rectangular!
TheUnending
Developer

Post by TheUnending »

I agree with the idea that you guys should put current release maps and information on the site. I know when I first came to the site I looked at the info that was on the site, not on the forums and that is what misled me a ton and caused me a ton of unwanted confusion.

Haplo wrote:Well it is in the first 10 threads of the first forum of the entire board, appropriately titled "NEWS". I guess I'm from a generation where people search first and ask second instead of ask first and search never.
Well honestly some people don't read the forums News section and look at the actual site for information. I do, but I'm not someone that just started using the site :?.
"*Sips Coffee*"

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Frankly, we make public announcements for a reason: they are for all the things that are pertinent to people who aren't TR Modders.

If you want to know about our project beyond what our FAQ pages state (which, by the way, answer the OP's question, so I'm locking this thread), read our public announcements. The rest of the contents of our website are intended to be used by TR Modders in the process of creating the mod. The public should concern itself with the public announcements we make.

If you can't be bothered to skim the titles of the public announcements, which literally took me roughly 60 seconds to do for all four pages of them, then in my opinion, you don't have a right to get upset about getting confused by the content of various pages buried throughout our website.