Questions? Ask Them Here!

Place to discuss history, story, character development, questlines for factions and other specifics.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

TheUnending
Developer

Post by TheUnending »

Q: I downloaded Tamriel Rebuilt again a month or so(after I completely blew my computer's brains out and redid everything) but TR is still organized in Tr_data, Tr_map1, and Tr_map2...

Is that how its always going to be or will there eventually be one large file like Tamriel_Rebuilt.esm or something?
"*Sips Coffee*"

"The only sure way of taking over the world without your plans being ruined at the eleventh hour by some nosy kid... steal everyone's shoes..."
Howling_Snail

Post by Howling_Snail »

When Map 3 gets released it'll just be TR_Data.esm and TR_Mainland.esm
TheUnending
Developer

Post by TheUnending »

Q: Does anybody know whether we're going to see much Indoril style architecture in map 3?
"*Sips Coffee*"

"The only sure way of taking over the world without your plans being ruined at the eleventh hour by some nosy kid... steal everyone's shoes..."
gro-Dhal
Lead Developer

Post by gro-Dhal »

TheUnending wrote:Q: Does anybody know whether we're going to see much Indoril style architecture in map 3?
Maybe a little if you're good.
TheUnending
Developer

Post by TheUnending »

^ I'm always good ;).

I can't wait until I can join House Indoril and possibly get an Indoril stronghold(assuming what I was previously told is correct).
"*Sips Coffee*"

Terrifying Daedric Foe
Developer

Post by Terrifying Daedric Foe »

The next release (Sacred East) won't have Indoril Faction quests in it.

Just misc quests and some / most of the faction quests for Antidiluvian Secrets.

You're gonna have to wait a bit longer I'm afraid.
TheUnending
Developer

Post by TheUnending »

If I have to wait another couple of years I'm going to tear my hair out and probably just go and make my own new Indoril faction mod :p.

Just kidding, I wouldn't have the ambition. I was serious about ripping my hair out though.

I might do a few small mods but who knows >_> I've tried doing a showcase in the past but they weren't good...
"*Sips Coffee*"

Mortimer
Developer

Post by Mortimer »

You could do what I used to do, which is make a bunch of personal mods using TR stuff to hone your skills and do basically whatever it is you wanted originally. Adding quests isn't a difficult process, per say, its just a very tedious "did you remember this this this this this and this?" every step of the way.
TheUnending
Developer

Post by TheUnending »

Q: If I made an interior, castle style with "p" style furniture in it and made it... ooh say 2(width) x 10(length) x 3(height) would that be appropriate for a showcase?
"*Sips Coffee*"

TheUnending
Developer

Post by TheUnending »

Q: Okay, I was working on a project that I thought would be pretty cool to do, I'm not gunna go into details of what my project is but I had this problem:

(Image removed)

Why did this happen and how do I fix it?
Last edited by TheUnending on Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"*Sips Coffee*"

Mortimer
Developer

Post by Mortimer »

Enable / alter your gridsnap settings under preferences.

Then move both pieces just a little bit to "fit them to the grid".
TheUnending
Developer

Post by TheUnending »

Figured it out. I think my problem was with the fact that I'd drag and drop in a particular piece of a building and the first piece I'd drag and drop in I wouldn't move and it wouldn't line up properly with the rest.

Okay here is another question, if I made a 3 floor high and maybe 6x6 cell interior with some wizardly objects on tables and shelves with fancy interior tables and such, imperial style interior, would that be an appropriate interior showcase?

I'm working on the first floor at the moment... but its going to take at least a few days to get it looking perfect...
Last edited by TheUnending on Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"*Sips Coffee*"

Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

That's happened to me once or twice. Sometimes gridsnap stops lining stuff up properly. Just restart the CS and it should be working right again.
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
TheUnending
Developer

Post by TheUnending »

Hey, one last question since last time I did a showcase thing I got told things were "bleeding through", is this how a table should be put(so that the red/blue lines look like this)?

(Image removed)
Last edited by TheUnending on Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"*Sips Coffee*"

TheUnending
Developer

Post by TheUnending »

Above question still unanswered :(.

@Below: Okay :)! Over the weekend I'm gunna start working on my mod but I might lose interest in my mod if I let my ego lead me and attempt to make it bigger than I intend... so It'll be a few weeks before I have a good interior showcase...
Last edited by TheUnending on Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"*Sips Coffee*"

gro-Dhal
Lead Developer

Post by gro-Dhal »

It looks right, but 'bleeding through' is pretty self-explanatory. The feet of the table should be resting flat on the floor, not passing through it or floating above it. In most cases pressing F once is enough.
RaptorZX3

Tamriel Rebuilt, and Morrowind Overhaul questions

Post by RaptorZX3 »

Hi! i'm new here, but i subscribed on this forum mainly for a reason, to ask a few questions about Tamriel Rebuilt...

Note that i use the latest public release "Map 2" that also contain Map 1, and that i also use Morrowind Overhaul with maximum graphics details with added animated grass on the ground where applicable.

Q1: Do you think MSGO (Morrowind Overhaul) will have any feature to upgrade the foliage and being more lively landscape-wise? I can see some gatherable plants, but no decorative animated foliage/grass like in most places in Vvardenfell.

Q2: Why do the visibility range is greatly reduced in areas included in Tamriel Rebuilt? Is there a way to fix this? (i to have the Distant Land Draw Distance up to 11 "cells" in MSGO options, with Exponential Distance Multiplier to 4, and land visibility range in Vvardenfell is very far!). When i went to the newly installed land, it didn't appeared right away and when it did, i was like "What the...why the visible range is so near so suddenly?". I tried re-applying MSGO options and all that, but it didn't helped.

Q3: Why do the doors look so small sometimes?

for "Q1" and "Q2", here are some screenshots to show my point:

Within Vvardenfell region (my normal visibility range, i can see pretty far away, with a little normal fog happening, which is fine):
[url=http://www.imagebam.com/image/425b01182530890][img]http://thumbnails76.imagebam.com/18254/425b01182530890.jpg[/img][/url]

In the Telvannis and Antediluvian region (Tamriel Rebuilt):
[url=http://www.imagebam.com/image/8a9a87182530353][img]http://thumbnails62.imagebam.com/18254/8a9a87182530353.jpg[/img][/url]

(note the lack of foliage on the ground on this one)
[url=http://www.imagebam.com/image/7b7817182531067][img]http://thumbnails75.imagebam.com/18254/7b7817182531067.jpg[/img][/url]

(on this screenshot, i wanted to show the map, where i am and which direction my view is looking at)
[url=http://www.imagebam.com/image/8a5899182530419][img]http://thumbnails44.imagebam.com/18254/8a5899182530419.jpg[/img][/url]

thank you for your answers.
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

In answer to your second question, you'll need to regenerate your distant land files in MGE, making sure the TR ESMs are selected in addition to whatever other landmass mods you have. That should fix your problem.
"If a hermaphroditic, bug-armored, bipolar god-king existing in multiple universes who has his very own bible with *actual* magic strewn throughout it is your idea of a cliche, then I really would like to live in your world." -MK

"You say a lot of things. And how does that work? You're a bicycle"

Tea is important.
RaptorZX3

Post by RaptorZX3 »

Cathartis wrote:you'll need to regenerate your distant land files in MGE
How do i do that?
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

Run the mgegui.exe in your Morrowind folder. There's a distant land generator wizard on one of the tabs in mge, it takes you through the steps of generating new distant land to reflect landmass changes. Doesn't MGSO have you generate the distant land yourself or is it preconfigured? I don't know anything about the modpack, sorry.
"If a hermaphroditic, bug-armored, bipolar god-king existing in multiple universes who has his very own bible with *actual* magic strewn throughout it is your idea of a cliche, then I really would like to live in your world." -MK

"You say a lot of things. And how does that work? You're a bicycle"

Tea is important.
RaptorZX3

Post by RaptorZX3 »

for the distant land problem, i think i fixed it, with the Distant Land Generator Wizard like you said.

But i thought this would also fix the foliage as well. Is the foliage randomly-placed in Morrowind Overhaul? or is it placed by hand by a modder? If it's placed manually by a modder, then that would mean this person who did the world foliage should also make it for Tamriel Rebuilt area(s).

edit: i just checked MGSO Options.exe, and the "Animated Grass" option have "Vvardenfell" and "Solstheim" regions. What's strange is the better trees and leaves are applied in this region (probably because the actual models are replaced by those better ones), but the animated grass isn't applied to this new region.

So does that mean that the one(s) who made "MGSO Option.exe" should add "Tamriel Rebuilt" region(s) as well, for animated grass, in the near future?
Hayabusa153
Developer

Post by Hayabusa153 »

Well, you can just get the mod that adds the grass to TR and then re-run MGE to get the animated grass. It could be safely applied over MGSO. make sure that after you generate the grass, you untick the mod in the launcher before playing. Otherwise, you will have doubling issues.
I tried not to use the signature box but it was so big and rectangular!
RaptorZX3

Post by RaptorZX3 »

where is that mod? i searched but can't find it...
Andres Indoril
Senior Developer

Post by Andres Indoril »

[url=http://tes.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=41626]Tamriel Rebuilt Groundcover[/url]

First result when searching for Tamriel Rebuilt on TESNexus.
[url=http://andresindoril.blogspot.com/][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyleft.jpg[/img][/url][url=http://www.youtube.com/user/AndresIndoril][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyright.jpg[/img][/url]
"You guys are no fun, I'll start my own TR with dead children and toy guars!" -Why
RaptorZX3

Post by RaptorZX3 »

the grass do help to make the landscape a lot better to walk on!

i'll try this one as well. I found another one that i had to select in the Land wizard, and like you said, i had to uncheck the mod afterward because the framerate dropped like hell, and the grass acted like a wall so i wasn't able to walk thru it (i was stuck there when i loaded my game)

But then the grass cover i found seem to only use 1 kind of grass and they're not colored differently like Vurt's.

I just saw that i already have Vurt's groundcovers mods, probably already included in the whole MGSO package, so i guess i just need this TR groundcover mod after all.

edit: wow, what a difference, Vurt's is definitely much better!

Hopefully i'll be able to enjoy the whole Morrowind soon (i noticed some regions seem to be 100% done and approved, and some are nearly complete)
100hugo
Developer

im sorry for this but...

Post by 100hugo »

im sorry if you have been asked this a million times but i have recently joined TR and am extremely enthusiastic about working with you guys. the annoying part is that i have no idea what to start, how to do it (if i find out what to do i will probably learn) and if this is even the right place to ask.... i am just asking for where i should start first which will help me become a proper person doing something in this...
thx
p.s if this is the wrong place to ask im sorry
I once dug a pit and filled it with clouds... Or was it clowns? Come to think of it, it began to smell... Must have been clowns...
-Sheogorath
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Re: im sorry for this but...

Post by Nemon »

100hugo wrote:im sorry if you have been asked this a million times but i have recently joined TR and am extremely enthusiastic about working with you guys. the annoying part is that i have no idea what to start, how to do it (if i find out what to do i will probably learn) and if this is even the right place to ask.... i am just asking for where i should start first which will help me become a proper person doing something in this...
thx
p.s if this is the wrong place to ask im sorry
Most newcomers find it "easiest" to try out as an interior modder. I put that in quotes because we're very picky about stuff even down to the rotation on the x, y and z axis. For instance, the de_p tables in Morrowind doesn't have a straight top, meaning that stuff placed on those tables must be rotated properly to avoid bleeding, floating and caspering (you'll get to know what that means early enough).

Feel free to try in the showcase forum. A showcase file must be at least a 2x3 sized interior using de_p furniture. No NPC/inhabitants is needed for an interior showcase.
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
100hugo
Developer

Post by 100hugo »

Ok thanks for replying so quickly!
I once dug a pit and filled it with clouds... Or was it clowns? Come to think of it, it began to smell... Must have been clowns...
-Sheogorath
RaptorZX3

Post by RaptorZX3 »

New question.

In the videos showcasing the upcoming lands (as seen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3rDmlG7nHc), what are the settings used in MGE XE (i supposed you're using that) for distant lands and statics?

And as a side question, is someone going to update the grass covers and signs for the new TR lands to match the covers and signs used in MGSO?
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

RaptorZX3 wrote:New question.

In the videos showcasing the upcoming lands (as seen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3rDmlG7nHc), what are the settings used in MGE XE (i supposed you're using that) for distant lands and statics?

And as a side question, is someone going to update the grass covers and signs for the new TR lands to match the covers and signs used in MGSO?
MGE settings: Don't quite remember, extremely high I guess. The thing is it's recorded using fraps, and in game it lagged horribly. 7-8 frames per second due to the enormous amount of stuff rendered. Then I used a program to triple the speed to a comfortable 30 fps or so. Cheating? Yup.

Side question: Don't know- probably not something we're thinking of.
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
Scamp
Reviewer

Post by Scamp »

RaptorZX3 wrote:
I think Knots wanted to do the groundcover. Dunno about signs.
"Scamp you are the wonderboy" - Praedator

[url=http://scamp.blogspot.com/][img]http://i.imgur.com/Ea8ABeM.png[/img][/url]
MSam
Developer

Post by MSam »

Question: Who introduced the term 'caspering', and what exactly does it mean? Because the first result on google was this:
1.Caspering

The act of jizzing on ones hand and then proceeding to beat the shit out of the mate with the sticky limb.

"How did Caspering go bro?"

"Man last night was crazy. I Caspered my girlfriend so hard she couldn't even open her eyes when i was done."
Please explain!
"Thank you to the Makers of Rules. To the Breakers of Backs. To the sincere Autocrats. To the false Democrats. To the Builders of Walls. To the Painters of Lines. To those who Tattoo Numbers. To those who point fingers. To those who count their greed. To those who split by colour. To those who smile their lies.

Thank you so very much."
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

that is obviously what we mean here, I don't know what else it could be.

sorry, its a term for when you can see through the back of a model that only exists on one side.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Scamp wrote:
RaptorZX3 wrote:
I think Knots wanted to do the groundcover. Dunno about signs.
Earthwyrm, the author of signy signs, plans to do a version for Sacred East, if I'm not mistaken (she has done signy sign mods for Telvannis and Antediluvian Secrets already).
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Kanil

Post by Kanil »

Greetings. I hope this is an okay question for the thread.

I vaguely remember seeing a screenshot on a claim a few months ago. It was an overhead shot (with numbers for interior claims) of a small/medium-ish (25 interiors?) town with Indoril architecture. The western side of the town had some body of water (possibly the Thirr river?) with a couple of canals running into the town, with some buildings and bridges across them. I've looked through the claims and can't seem to find the claim or it's screenshot again.

Does anyone have any idea what I'm talking about? If so, could you tell me the name of the town? Bonus points for what release it's on, and maybe even the overhead screenshot?

My memory of the town is rather vague, but it seems like one of the prettiest places I've seen in TR.

Thank you for your time, and your efforts.
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

I think that must be Roa Dyr. It'll be in the Almalexia release, if I'm not mistaken.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/211/mgescreenshot6.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/27/mgescreenshot4.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/403/mgescreenshot2nz.jpg/

edit: overhead! http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9897526/M3A2/Two.jpg

hand over those bonus points!
Kanil

Post by Kanil »

I overestimated it's size by a lot, but that is indeed the town I was thinking of. My thanks (and bonus points!) for your help.

Bethesda should really hire you guys, their creativity seems to pale in comparison to the many sights of TR.
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Bethesda is limited by time and resources. We're not. :)
RaptorZX3

Post by RaptorZX3 »

Why wrote:Bethesda is limited by time and resources. We're not. :)
This is probably why we only got Vvardenfell in TES3...I'm glad the TR team is here!
Soltaim Sil

Post by Soltaim Sil »

First i wanna thank you for this AMAZING and UNDISCRIBEBABLE Work! It´s really like Bethesda would have made it, partly much more better than that in my opinion! :D
Now we have at least a big part of Morrowind Mainland and it is growing with every new map released.
Myself is especially looking forward to Almalexia, cause i like the Indoril the most. Sacred East is as perfect as i thought it would be and it even goes beyond that!
Necrom is really the Jewel of this new lands and one of my favourites (along with the Dreynim Spa and Akamora, a perfect place to live and has one of the best views ever!)=D

So i´ve few questions ´bout the greatest secret Mystery which lies under the holiest Place,the Fane of the Ancestors:

Q:Is it yet possible to get the three Keys, which are held by each one Tribune (Almalexia, Sotha Sil,Vivec)to open the Vault? It´s logical that the Tribunes have them at their places or so but I didnt found anything...do i/we have to wait until the next release?

Q:How to open the gates besides the Vault-Door? Is there a button or switch to do that somewhere in the building?

I dont wanna know whats in the holy Chamber, just answers to this two questions if it is possible :)

Thank you for all you have done and will do in the future!!
AWESOME and LEGEN....wait for it.....DAAARY! =)