TR_Data Error Reporting

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Some more dialogue stuff that apparently didn't survive merging well enough. In Voice -> Hello, the following entries need to be filtered for PC faction and rank, equivalent to their vanilla duplicates. That means, each of them needs a TR_imperiallegion filter, and a rank filter similar to their vanilla counterpart.

Imperial female:
"Your bidding, Trooper?" through "At ease."
and
"Why are you away from your post?"

Imperial male:
"Where's your uniform?"
and
"Your bidding, sir?" through "Your bidding, Trooper?"
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Cat, Adanorcil, Lady_N and me agreed that there shouldn't be undead as random encounters in the Sacred Lands wilderness (I'm really talking about random encounters, not about skeletons in front of tombs; those obviously have a good reason to be there). So the leveled lists starting with "TR_r_Sacred_Lands_land" and "TR_r_Sacred_Lands_cave" (caves are usually not tombs) shouldn't have the Skeleton leveled lists in them. Haplo: could you fix this along with removing the daedric bats?
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Here's one more of my pet peeves: As far as I know, there are at the moment no merchant containers with auto-refilling (i. e. negative numbers) ingredients. Potions, yes, but no ingredients. This makes it possible for an alchemist to buy up everything.

I'm thinking of something like the following:

1 merchant container for basic foodstuffs: ingred_saltrice_01, ingred_marshmerrow_01, ingred_ash_yam_01, ingred_wickwheat_01, TR_Ingred_Egg_Molecrab, some of the TR_Ingred_Meat_* (I don't know of any way to find them ingame except in leveled loot, although they ought to be much more common), TR_Ingred_Ornada_Meat, TR_Ingred_Scrib_Pie, TR_Ingred_Bread_01, ingred_bread_01, and the like.

1 for kwama: food_kwama_egg_01, food_kwama_egg_02, MAYBE ingred_kwama_cuttle_01 and TR_Ingred_Meat_Kwama (in much lesser amounts).

1 for typical alch ingredients, but no too useful ones: ingred_bc_coda_flower, ingred_chokeweed_01, ingred_muck_01, ingred_bonemeal_01, etc. (avoiding things that make some quests too easy).
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

A mib user in the Tamriel IRC channel just made a point that there are no vendors for infinite summoning scrolls anywhere (neither in vanilla nor in TR). Do we want to keep this as a balancing thing or should we change it?

(I'm talking about Summon Skeleton/Scamp/Atronach, not the really high-level ones.)
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

The Velk (TR_Velk) are aggressive and drop no loot. Maybe open a modeller(?) claim for something like velk skin/nose tentacle/leg bone/eyes/mane?
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

Velk nectar/honey, totally.
"If a hermaphroditic, bug-armored, bipolar god-king existing in multiple universes who has his very own bible with *actual* magic strewn throughout it is your idea of a cliche, then I really would like to live in your world." -MK

"You say a lot of things. And how does that work? You're a bicycle"

Tea is important.
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Some of the new othreleth statics in MGEXE:

Warning: Texture 'oth\tr_oth_bark.dds' could not be converted to a distant texture, original texture will be used.

Warning: Texture 'oth\tr_oth_mush_bg.dds' could not be converted to a distant texture, original texture will be used.

Warning: Texture 'oth\tr_oth_mush_sm.dds' could not be converted to a distant texture, original texture will be used.
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
gro-Dhal
Lead Developer

Post by gro-Dhal »

Cathartis wrote:Velk nectar/honey, totally.
Some sort of nectar sac would be better. Like a tasty spleen.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

A couple of things could do with fixing in Data:

1 - could Nomadic's maps he made a while back be used to create the mapbooks for the next couple of maps (currently there's a bunch of 'Maps of XX' hanging around)

2 - Necrom's Sacred Land weather set needs to be updated - I think Sload/Ada objected to always sunny. I can't remember what exact mix was suggested, but it's recorded in one of the Necrom threads somewhere. I think a mixture of sun/clouds/overcast.

3 - TR_common_shirt_ind_02's chest Body Part, TR_C_shirt_com_ind2_C uses the wrong mesh. It should use tr_pb_shirt_com_ii_c.

4 - didn't Myzel at some point provide the art for the central triolith in the Fane of the Ancestors? Could that be implemented easily enough?
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

I do recall there being art for at least one panel of the main triolith. We could just stamp that across all sides, it fits well enough for all bits.
Evil Eye
Developer

Post by Evil Eye »

TR_ex_nec_tower has bit of a hole in the mesh. Levitating up to the top allows you to see through the dome as it isn't connected to the ceiling... I hope that made some sort of sense.
greendogo
TR Tester

Post by greendogo »

The inventory icon for the book 'The Necklace' is outlined in white. It's really ugly compared to other icons because of this.
Gentlemen, start your striders:
[url]http://tristikov.deviantart.com/art/G-Dunmer-wit-Siltstridaz-dawg-28071455[/url]
hmmmm... I should have looked at this guys DA gallery before posting a link to it... he likes horses... a little too much
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

Various sounds in the game are getting messed up, such as in my case the sound for drawing a bow has disappeared, and instead is playing for the footstep sounds of various creatures like nixhounds. Seems that a fair few people have been having this problem, as evidenced by this thread http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1383951-sound-effects-problem/
abot wrote:Basically, I think some obsolete creatures have been deleted from TR_Data.esm forgetting to clean their sound entries.
"If a hermaphroditic, bug-armored, bipolar god-king existing in multiple universes who has his very own bible with *actual* magic strewn throughout it is your idea of a cliche, then I really would like to live in your world." -MK

"You say a lot of things. And how does that work? You're a bicycle"

Tea is important.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Cathartis wrote:Various sounds in the game are getting messed up, such as in my case the sound for drawing a bow has disappeared, and instead is playing for the footstep sounds of various creatures like nixhounds. Seems that a fair few people have been having this problem, as evidenced by this thread http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1383951-sound-effects-problem/
abot wrote:Basically, I think some obsolete creatures have been deleted from TR_Data.esm forgetting to clean their sound entries.
Fix: From Sound Gen, remove (by pressing the Delete button):
Scream SwishM
Scream TR_Daebat scream
Roar SwishR
Roar TR_Daebat roar
Moan SwishS
Moan TR_Daebat moan
Right TR_Batwings Flap
Left bowPull
Left TR_Batwings Flap
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Also, a report by greendogo made in the wrong topic:

In book TR_bk_HerooftheIndoril, Page 12 'excelled at his STUDIES', not 'studied'".

And by Lord Berandas:

TR_w_imp_saber "imperial saber should be held a little more close to the "handguard" (if is this the proper expresion), this way it looks weird from 3rd person view"
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Berendas' error report may be stylistic (can't tell without going in-game and looking at it), but regardless of that, it won't be fixed without changing the actual model's origin coordinates.

Also, guard is the proper term :-) Or crossguard, if it's a bar that is perpendicular to the grip.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Shask

Post by Shask »

Fix: From Sound Gen, remove (by pressing the Delete button):
Scream SwishM
Scream TR_Daebat scream
Roar SwishR
Roar TR_Daebat roar
Moan SwishS
Moan TR_Daebat moan
Right TR_Batwings Flap
Left bowPull
Left TR_Batwings Flap
Has this worked for anyone else? These sounds are "deleted" from my sound gen list, but creatures are still playing these sounds with their animations.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Shask wrote:Has this worked for anyone else? These sounds are "deleted" from my sound gen list, but creatures are still playing these sounds with their animations.
It only works if you perform the deletions in the TR_Data.ESM itself, not in a ESP dependent on it. So if you really want to do the changes on your own rather than waiting for our update (which is a matter of 1-2 days if you ask me), then transform TR_Data.ESM into a ESP using [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/files/utils/TESDTK.zip]TESDTK[/url], delete the sound gen entries (they are starred if you're editing the TR_Data), and transform the file back into ESM format.
Shask

Post by Shask »

Pure gold--it worked!

Thank you!
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Book TR_bk_HandbookDevout seems to be unfinished (what with the underscores in the Publisher's Note) and generally unfit for Morrowind (Temple worship is not about new-age relaxation exercises). Is this just my impression or do people agree?

TR_bk_YilgamsehVolumeXI and TR_bk_YilgamsehVolumeXII are still there.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

For some reason, TR_Data.esm dirties body part "a_daedric_boots_f". This is not visible in the object window (there are no stars), but you can click on Details to see it's changed. There are no real changes made, though; just dirtying.

The other a_daed... parts modified in TR_Data.esm are not dirty; they are new. (Might be from a time when we didn't yet know to prefix everything we make with a "TR_".)
Ashstaar
Developer

Post by Ashstaar »

I have noticed that the clothing icons for the items that start with tr_pb_...were not fully alpha channelled so I took the time to do so. They are all still named the same. I also added an icon for the Redoran warrior skirt as it did not have one. I also made icons for the two Indoril shirts without them and included icons for the Dres Hunter pieces. I also noticed that the ankle piece for the tr_com_pants(?) did not match the rest so I made a part that does. It is in with the icons.
Attachments
tr_icons.rar
(36.91 KiB) Downloaded 127 times
tr_pants_pic_fix.jpg
(83.61 KiB) Downloaded 170 times
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Thanks, ashtaar!

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

Ashstaar
Developer

Post by Ashstaar »

No problem Haplo. But I put the bmp texture for the pants instead of the dds. So here is the dds package if you need it.
Attachments
tr_com_pant_ankle_fix_dds.rar
(6.73 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

As far as books that are unfit for Morrowind, you might want to look at revising or removing "Crimes of the Tribunal" It contains information that shouldn't be known to everyday people (namely how the Tribunal get their powers from the Hear).
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

I think that book is supposed to be used only in specific circumstances. According to the HDS, at least, we should've given a book with that information a high-enough rarity rating to specify special use only.

arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Our model tr_ex_ind_balcony seems to have insufficient collision geometry for the railing: you can jump down from the balcony simply by walking forward through the railing at its middle. I am not sure it's a real bug, though: That thing is used in places like Akamora where any additional collision would make the game even more laggy.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

This is not an error, and is the least important balancing change of what I'm proposing in this topic, but:

I'd like a "Scroll of the Falling Barrier" enchanted with Shield 3pts for 20sec and Shield 4pts for 40sec (so that you get a total of 7pts of shield for the first 20 seconds and then 4pts for 20 further seconds). Value should be around 70 gold (compare with "Scroll of the First Barrier").

And then I'd like a copy of Container com_chest_02_mg_supply, with the two "random_book_wizard_all" replaced by one such scroll.

This container can then be used as the Mages Guild supply container in the Mainland MGs.

This is just because I feel that getting two vendor-trash books every time when a mages guild supply chest respawns is somewhat weird and useless.
Ashstaar
Developer

Post by Ashstaar »

Some more icons here. This time for the TR Great House books. (Dres, Indoril, Telvanni)
Attachments
tr_house_book_icons.rar
(5.34 KiB) Downloaded 126 times
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

static TR_terr_RM_Cliff03-0.5: collision missing or wrong
Ashstaar
Developer

Post by Ashstaar »

The Mounted Dres Skyrender needs a Roar sound file. Three of it's animations use the default "were roar" sound.
Ashstaar
Developer

Post by Ashstaar »

I noticed that the TR Dreugh pauldrons did not sit properly on the character so I fixed them. Here is a pic and the file. Same id/name for replacement.
Attachments
tr_dreugh_pauld_fix.rar
(7.31 KiB) Downloaded 120 times
dreugh_pauld_fix.jpg
(173.85 KiB) Downloaded 172 times
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Thanks Ashtaar!

arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Just noticed that scroll TR_sc_fallingbarrier has a different icon than the other scrolls. Sorry for this.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Spell TR_OrdinatorBlessing should be on Target, not on Self. It's a spell cast on the player by shrines.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Region "Sea of Ghosts" has sleep creature TR_r_Sea_of_Ghosts_grotto+0. This is a levlist containing slaughterfish and dreugh. This is clearly wrong since there is no way (even with water walking) to sleep on water, and dreugh on land make no sense.

I could imagine replacing it by TR_stc_cliffracer, TR_stc_mudcrab, TR_LC_crab_mudcrab_lev-2 or something liek this, but frankly I don't think we need a sleep creature here at all. This region contains just some isles and land noses on the northernmost part of map1; I think it should feel lonely and calm, and having no sleep creatures is part of that feeling. That said, of course it would be even better to be awakened by loud seagulls, but I don't think we have those in our data.

While we're at it, I still think we should replace the Thirr River valley sleep creature by TR_stat_thirr_sleep (velk and scrib) so as to make the place as peaceful and friendly as it should be IMHO.
Numenorean

Post by Numenorean »

The book "As Shokhahn Am Jabikaam" [TR_bk_exovel_bb_MJ] has a headline for "Chapter 2", but not for "Chapter 1".
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Nice progress, Haplo!

Weapon TR_w_crossbow_ghostlight needs its enchantment (TR_en_ghostlight).

Weapon TR_w_spear_retribution needs its enchantment (TR_en_retribution).

Weapon TR_w_steel_axe_precision needs its enchantment (TR_en_lesser_precision).

Clothing TR_ring_divine_intervention and TR_ring_almsivi_intervention deserve some more value, I'd say. 215 gold?

Scroll TR_sc_fallingbarrier has a different icon than the other scrolls. Sorry for this. (still wrong)

Also, is it possible for the next version to contain the tr_ex_ind_tower_win mesh and the other ones that Almalexia uses?
Last edited by arvisrend on Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

A new window mesh? Where? I'm not aware of any new window mesh.

Mwgek
Developer

Post by Mwgek »

It is in the alma thread somewhere, I'm not really happy with it though, but you should decide on that.
--Mwgek--