Viirin's showcase

In order to implement content in-game, you must be a Developer. This is the place for you to introduce yourself, and apply to become a TR Developer.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Viirin

Viirin's showcase

Post by Viirin »

I thought that instead of working on the actual Tamriel Rebuilt land, I would work on something else on Vvardenfell that makes TR more seamless.
To this end, I made a Telvanni-ish tower on a large rock pile in the ocean within easy view of Hla Oad. Or Gnaar Mok. I can't remember offhand.
I'm not going to do the quest that explains its creation yet, but it has to do with a mage who left House Telvanni with his slaves. The slaves were purchased by the Telvanni member before joining the Great House, but what you do with a slave is up to you. So after growing the tower and leaving the House, she let the Argonian slaves become tower staff, and sent the Kajit out to record items of interest to obtain copies of- no theft allowed. They don't need to get in more trouble. They're still slaves, no doubt, but they're really getting a better life than they would have on their own.
As expected, the Telvanni has an agenda.
What is it? Knowledge! Any mage studies as much as they can, finding hidden truths in various things, and special traits of just about anything, then use it to benefit themselves.

The interior of the tower is a gigantic Telvanni interior with (including the ground floor) three levels of bookshelves along the walls. Books from Morrowind, Tribunal, Bloodmoon, Tamriel Rebuilt, and lots of other mods (that I doubt actually fit in TR, but that's also why it isn't in TR's canon land) are all over the shelves. Even things like the note to hrisskar you find in the beginning is recorded.

The eggs from 'the uber crystal egg hunt' and the entire library collection of 'mori mountain estate' are going to be added, I didn't get them all yet.

I'm also putting in an alchemy auto-sorter, which is accessible from a conversation topic with the head librarian. Books, eggs, and canon shields will be added to the walls and shelves this way, too.

What I'm going to work on when I bother with scripts again, is a way to look at the player's journal and put copies of deleted materials into a special hidden chest under the stairs, only accessible by using telekinesis. Copied items would include the stat scroll at the beginning of the game, various things given to Caius, or other unique quest materials.

As other library mods work, once an item is brought in the first time, a worthless copy with no skill gain with unique ID is put on the shelf. I have 50 shelves, and they'll all start off empty. I didn't want to have to make players start a new game to get everything, though, so that's why it'll have to check journal entries.

I'll also jam a few NPCs in various places or just simply hide books and things that you can only get through mods throughout the game and various shops, so that way even if you don't have a mod, you can still get the books from it. This will be of course necessary, as a lot of mods conflict. Luckily, Mori Mountain Estate has the Black Mill and Pegas Horse Ranch books.

I actually started on this big mod a long time ago, but didn't know how to use the CS very well at all, so even though I got permissions from everyone, I didn't make use of it. I am now, though.

Right, the alchemy auto-sorter. Everyone loves these, and there's more than enough of them. Why do I feel the need to do it too? Well I haven't seen a mod that adds the ingredients from TR, Abot's Waterlife, Abot's Where All The Birds Going, or a few other mods, into the sorting jars. So, I'll do it.

Also- here's something that TR might like, though won't use.
I made a few icons and scripts and made the plants in TR compatible with Advanced Herbalism. I'd love to show off the seed icons if anyone asks.
It wasn't me! I swear! Okay, it was me. But it was on accident and I'll never do it again! Actually I did it on purpose and it was fun. But I'm really sorry! Okay, actually I'm quite proud.
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Hey Viirim, nice to see you've decided to open a showcase thread! Oops, I suck at names, sorry!

I have to warn you though, what you're doing sounds like an awful lot of work for a showcase. Unless you really want to make this a mod of your own, you really don't have to go through the trouble of making a tower in both the exterior and interior, while including all sorts of crazy scripts. It's way easier to just make a dedicated exterior or interior showcase (and easier for us to review, too). Besides, we won't be able to judge those ingredient sorters and library scripts if they're taken from other mods, unfortunately. Only original work in showcases.

Anyway, it's good to see you're enthusiastic. If you decide to go ahead and finish that mod of yours I wish you the best of luck!
Last edited by Why on Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Viirin

Post by Viirin »

Thank you, Why. Yes, I actually do plan on working on the mod just by myself, though I know it'll take a very long time to do, and the more time I take, the more time it will take in addition because of new mods still coming out with new books to get permission to add. Oh, and it's Viirin- V I I R I N :)

Would it be okay to just upload some screenshot images of the place to see how people feel about the design?

I also have a problem in one of the TR maps, but can't tell whether it was 1 or 2 since I got them at once. In the Halfway Inn, there's a wall or floor that doesn't appear and has a big yellow ! instead. There's a few NPCs I've seen that do that as well, though I'm not sure whether it's their faces or heads. I stripped them naked (nude BB) but it still occured, so that's how I figured that part out, at least.
I didn't wanna make a new thread anywhere since it said you only get one, so I figured I'd wait until someone responded to my showcase thread, then I'd say it.
It wasn't me! I swear! Okay, it was me. But it was on accident and I'll never do it again! Actually I did it on purpose and it was fun. But I'm really sorry! Okay, actually I'm quite proud.
ImaginaryDave

Post by ImaginaryDave »

Viirin wrote:I also have a problem in one of the TR maps, but can't tell whether it was 1 or 2 since I got them at once. In the Halfway Inn, there's a wall or floor that doesn't appear and has a big yellow ! instead. There's a few NPCs I've seen that do that as well, though I'm not sure whether it's their faces or heads. I stripped them naked (nude BB) but it still occured, so that's how I figured that part out, at least.
I didn't wanna make a new thread anywhere since it said you only get one, so I figured I'd wait until someone responded to my showcase thread, then I'd say it.
My first reaction would be to think that I had forgotten to register the files with the BSA exe that comes along with the download.
Viirin

Post by Viirin »

Nope. I ran the BSAreg right away.
I had map 3 already working fine, and the data that came with it, then I got map 1 & 2.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

only download map 3. It contains maps 1 and 2.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Viirin

Post by Viirin »

Ah, that's the problem. Thanks!