Questions? Ask Them Here!

Place to discuss history, story, character development, questlines for factions and other specifics.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Hi Soltaim! Thanks for your kind words!

Unfortunately the area behind that door isn't done yet and thus it wasn't included in the release. As such we haven't created a way to open any of those doors, or included any keys yet. Do note that the amount of keys is symbolic and as such they aren't actually held by the Tribunal - the gods haven't been together in years now, which would make maintaining whatever lies behind that door quite impossible. Once they are included in the game, they will be held by important Temple figures in the city above Necrom.

Through the course of our Temple questline the player will be sent to open that door on occasion. While it originally wasn't intended to ever open besides during those quests, I've recently been convinced by a thief player that being able to break into that room, no matter how hard, would be awesome, and since I like awesome things we'll make it possible. Don't expect much treasure though.

So yeah, I don't know exactly when that vault will be accessible. I'd like it to be the Almalexia release.
Soltaim Sil

Post by Soltaim Sil »

Ah ok thanks for your answers!
Then i´ll be looking forward to that, maybe its really in Almalexia. Just thought that the Tribunal was once there to hide secret knowledge or some divine/mysterious high-dimensional Stuff which could effect whole Morrwind and sealed the Vault to avoid abuse of it.

When i saw the three Holes with Ayem,Seth and Vehk i said to myself: wow ok....well, what was sealed by them that they´d make three different keyholes, each named by one of themselves? Like in a good conspiracy-thriller or something like that^^

So go ahead, i´m glad that all goes so well with TR and the maps!! :D
Numenorean

Post by Numenorean »

Another question about Necrom -
do you still plan to integrate the bonewalker Nerevar?

I totally agree with Soltaim's words about the most impressive city of the dead / city of ghosts, but this small fragment of lore is quite unconventional and therefore really interesting. ;)
TheUnending
Developer

Post by TheUnending »

Numenorean wrote:Another question about Necrom -

I totally agree with Soltaim's words about the most impressive city of the dead / city of ghosts, but this small fragment of lore is quite unconventional and therefore really interesting. ;)
I've had the same question for a long time :p. Hopefully somebody will answer it :)!
"*Sips Coffee*"

"The only sure way of taking over the world without your plans being ruined at the eleventh hour by some nosy kid... steal everyone's shoes..."
brahsparagus

Post by brahsparagus »

How will Indoril Armor be implemented into TR? I'm assuming that as you will eventually be able to join House Indoril, the various forms of the armor (Vanilla, Mournhold, Necrom) will become available to wear?

And, great work guys, when I first walked into Necrom it was like the first time walking into Vivec all those years ago and the Indoril heartland and mountain ranges are better than anything Bethesda has done. Top work.

Sorry if this post messes up or ends up in the wrong place, its hard getting used to forum style posts after a life on the chans.
gro-Dhal
Lead Developer

Post by gro-Dhal »

brahsparagus wrote:How will Indoril Armor be implemented into TR? I'm assuming that as you will eventually be able to join House Indoril, the various forms of the armor (Vanilla, Mournhold, Necrom) will become available to wear?
What they call Indoril armour in the game is the armour of the Ordinators, which are a religious law enforcement faction independent of the great houses. House Indoril has it's own bonemold style in common with Hlaalu, Redoran etc.
RandomAvatarFan

Post by RandomAvatarFan »

How much does/will the Mainland Mages Guild and Mainland Telvanni interact? Will it be possible to rise up to head of both of them like you can in their Vvardenfell counterparts or will you end up reaching a point where it's one or the other?
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

I don't believe we've planned any big conflicts between the MG and House Telvanni yet.
Numenorean

Post by Numenorean »

TheUnending wrote:
Numenorean wrote:Another question about Necrom -
I've had the same question for a long time :p. Hopefully somebody will answer it :)!
No answer, no Nerevar ? :-(
Terrifying Daedric Foe
Developer

Post by Terrifying Daedric Foe »

I think there were plans. But I don't know.
'The strange thing about TR is that I think it is by and large accepted that we will finish. We are all the sort of crazy people that would do such a thing. We are inevitable.' ~ Thrignar Fraxix
Neren

Post by Neren »

Which things miss with the lore from TES 3: Morrowind?

Example if there could be another great house, other quests
or different cities in the full scale morrowind1

In vvardenfell.
ImaginaryDave

Post by ImaginaryDave »

As an example, you can't find much lore on house Dres, if that's what you're asking.
roerich
Developer

Post by roerich »

If you meant 'mess' instead of 'miss', Tamriel Rebuilt does not mess with anything vanilla (Vvardenfell, Mournhold and Solstheim).
HighDarkTemplar

Post by HighDarkTemplar »

I was thinking about moving the telvanni stronghold to the mainland, but there are two questions I'd like answered before I even start the project.

1. Can we consider the landmass as "final" for the telvanni region in the Sacred East 1.2 release?

2. Why was the mouth rank replaced with a caster rank?
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

HighDarkTemplar wrote:1. Can we consider the landmass as "final" for the telvanni region in the Sacred East 1.2 release?
There will be minor fixes, but I don't expect anyone to add new landscape or do big changes (except maybe around 19, -15, but that's probably not what you mean by the Telvanni region). Some empty spaces might get some detailing (placing rocks, flora etc.), though.
HighDarkTemplar

Thanks! Now I just have to go play Morrowind to find a suitable place to build the stronghold...

I also hope that one of you can get back to me on the mouth question...
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

HighDarkTemplar wrote:2. Why was the mouth rank replaced with a caster rank?
Because in the story we had originally planned for the faction, the player wouldn't become the Mouth of any of the Masters.
HighDarkTemplar

"Originally planned", as in you're changing it or are planning to change it?

Thanks for answering, Why!
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

The Telvanni plans are quite old, so they're subject to change. We've been kicking some ideas around and one of my personal favorites is to allow the player a bit more freedom in how they progress through the ranks, with different questlines depending on player choice, and the player may or may not become a mouth depending on who they choose to side with. Telvanni is a long way off though, so don't quote me on this. We're more focused on the Guilds and developing the Indoril faction right now, and the Telvanni quest line is in the planning stages and may not see a release until later. But we'll get to it eventually, it's my favorite faction so I hate not having it completely playable yet!
HighDarkTemplar

First of all, Why, thanks for your reply! I got one more question for you though...

Are there any plans for creating quests around cell [30,6] (northern point of boethia lake) and the surrounding area? I've started the quest with the arrogant lady in Hla Bulor (I'm searching for the forgery guy atm...), so I know about that one.

I noticed that these might be in the way, so I'd like your input on it before I start doing anything big. It's kinda pointless to start modding and suddenly you have to move everything...

Got to find a name in the meantime, calling it "My Telvanni Stronghold" in-game sounds quite stupid....

Selanasteris - interior
NPC's:
TR_m2_o_Elvas Relarys (npc)
noteable items:
TR_sc_BoneSong (spell scroll)
TR_bk_OnLycanthropy (book)

Trelo Ancestral Tomb - interior
nothing special

Hla Bulor - village
TR_m2_renedo salens (npc)

hla bulor, dolrem pares' shack
TR_m2_Dolrem Pares (npc)

hla bulor, renedo salens' shack
TR_m2_ring_larrs (a ring...)

hla bulor, trela varesi's shack
TR_m2_Trela Varesi (npc)
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

I don't think there are all that many quests in that area, but I can't guarantee that none will be added. Still, it looks like a decent remote area so I doubt you'll run into conflicts. Besides, just adding stuff to exteriors will only ever conflict with quests if there's NPC AI or a specific item in the exterior involved, so chances that anything will conflict are very, very slim.
roerich
Developer

Post by roerich »

The million drake question: Will we see Sload necromancers shopping in the slave markets of Tear? I know there is at least one good model around.

[url]http://i.imgur.com/HBdJa.jpg[/url]
LiberumAvis
Developer

Post by LiberumAvis »

By the way, I know that the Andoran project has a good Sload model with textures. Maybe they can to share it.
Ashstaar
Developer

Post by Ashstaar »

Sload and Dres and Sload.
Attachments
mw_screen_dresandsload3xb.png
(1.34 MiB) Downloaded 287 times
mw_screen_sload3b.png
(845.94 KiB) Downloaded 300 times
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

I'm not sure. I believe we've had a conversation like this a long time ago, and back then we decided we wouldn't do it. We'll reevaluate that once we get to Tear though, I'm sure. I think the idea of including a few Sload could be nice, but I'm worried that we wouldn't be able to do them justice even if we have a functional model.
roerich
Developer

Post by roerich »

Awesome wallpapers. I realise that this is in the far future, but it would just make a terrific addition to the atmosphere of the city. It would make for some really sinister and interesting quests too (perhaps even boarding a sload airship to steal some necromantic grimoire or artifact - imagine the stuff you'd see in there!)
Matin Sanguine
Developer

Post by Matin Sanguine »

roerich wrote:Awesome wallpapers. I realise that this is in the far future, but it would just make a terrific addition to the atmosphere of the city. It would make for some really sinister and interesting quests too (perhaps even boarding a sload airship to steal some necromantic grimoire or artifact - imagine the stuff you'd see in there!)
I saw the images myself and they looked really impressive, and it would definitely be interesting if we could do (though I know it's the far future we are talking about) a few quests about the mysterious Sload. I would understand Why's reasons if he chose not to, however when we get to that stage, it should definitely be something we should discuss once more in earnest.
"SLOAD. SOAP. IS. NOT. SOAP"- TF

"As to where the ash comes from.. fuck if I care." -Sload

"At TR, we LOVE our quests to be steeped in lore, so you'd be able to flex your CHIM there just fine." - Nanu

Claims Completed: 4
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

roerich wrote:sload airship
That's exactly the thing though. I think, to make the Sload work, we'd need a lot more than a model for the creature, and we just simply can't justify working on things like an airship, or specific items for the Sload, while we've got so many other models - flora for the Uld Vraech, Othreleth Woods and Deshaan Plains just to name a few, along with tons of regions we haven't even started discussing yet, Dres architecture and clothes/items, and creature replacements for the Skyrender and Cephalopod - that are simply of way, way higher importance right now.
greendogo
TR Tester

Post by greendogo »

I know referencing anything related to ESO is tantamount to blasphemy in the MW community, but a recent screenshot of some Durzog roaming around what looks like a forest made me want to ask if you guys were going to put some Durzog's (from the Tribunal expansion) into the overworld? At the moment, of course, they're all located in the sewers of Mournhold with the goblins.

Here's the blasphemous screenshot in question: [url]http://static.elderscrollsonline.com/assets/img/cms/media/screenshots/1530c77c184f628366.jpg[/url]
Gentlemen, start your striders:
[url]http://tristikov.deviantart.com/art/G-Dunmer-wit-Siltstridaz-dawg-28071455[/url]
hmmmm... I should have looked at this guys DA gallery before posting a link to it... he likes horses... a little too much
Mwgek
Developer

Post by Mwgek »

I think they are already spawned in some areas. Are they not in the swamps on our last installment? Not sure on this tho.
--Mwgek--
greendogo
TR Tester

Post by greendogo »

Oh, that's clever; they'd go well there.
Gentlemen, start your striders:
[url]http://tristikov.deviantart.com/art/G-Dunmer-wit-Siltstridaz-dawg-28071455[/url]
hmmmm... I should have looked at this guys DA gallery before posting a link to it... he likes horses... a little too much
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Yup, you can encounter them in the Inlet Bog if you're not too low level.
Allison Young

Post by Allison Young »

I was very upset when in the latest release, I did not see the weapon which I waited. Will you add in next releases big and heavy weapons such as siver battle axe and war hammer, glass war hammer and mace, ebony battle axe and war hammer, daedric halberd etc?
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

You know you can use the console to just give yourself the weapon you want, right?
Allison Young

Post by Allison Young »

Yes, of course. But these weapons does not exist in project. Will you add them?
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

It is unlikely we will add those weapons to the project.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

We have a daedric naginata, that's fairly close to a halberd I guess. I thought silver battle axes already existed in the game? Glass warhammers and maces sound kinda dumb.

Also we're not a new weapons mod, we'll add those weapons if there's actually a need for them, not before.
"If a hermaphroditic, bug-armored, bipolar god-king existing in multiple universes who has his very own bible with *actual* magic strewn throughout it is your idea of a cliche, then I really would like to live in your world." -MK

"You say a lot of things. And how does that work? You're a bicycle"

Tea is important.
Allison Young

Post by Allison Young »

I agree. TR isn't weapon mod.
You made a lot of new weapon models. Let me show some my calculations. You've done: 8 new models of axes, 12 new models of spears, 13 new models of blunt weapons, 38 models of short blades, 40 models of long blades. Impressive, isn't it? Most of them are low level, such as iron/steel/chitin/etc. I do not think that all weapons was need:)
Proof: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Tamriel_Rebuilt/Weapons
I do not request to create all models which are interest for me. If someone will make weapons according to your quality requirements exclusively for the TR, will you include it in the project?
Mwgek
Developer

Post by Mwgek »

If you ask me most of the weapons lack serious creativity and I also highly doubt we will add new weapons on the existing sets (glass, iron, daedric etc).
--Mwgek--
TheLexicon

Post by TheLexicon »

Wait. Is there actually a place on the UESP that gives an in-depth discription of EVERYTHING released so far in TR?

EDIT: Yeah, I found it. But I've been looking at the map (TR's release order) titles, and I noticed that one of them (the fifth one) is called "Heartland." Isn't Heartland a region in/around central/northern Cyrodiil? Is there a region of the same name in Morrowind?

And while we are on the topic of Cyrodiil, will this mod be compatable with other area mods like Province: Cyrodiil (probably got the mod name wrong; not sure if Province or Project) and Skyrim: Home of the Nords? Please reply as soon as possible! :D
But that's just my opinion, so it's likely completely stupid.