Mummy

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

vorrheis

Mummy

Post by vorrheis »

I know that I'm not the only one who wanted to see one of these guys get up and walk around. So without further ado, here is the screen pic. I got a spot on the tes image library, let's see if it works.

[img]http://www.cuneo.us/tesmw/browse.php?img=mummy.jpg&dir=Vorrheis[/img]

V
vorrheis

Post by vorrheis »

Damn.

Let's try again.

[img]http://www.cuneo.us/tesmw/browse.php?img=mummy.jpg&dir=Vorrheis[/img]
vorrheis

Post by vorrheis »

Okay, I give up. Here is the link.

[url]http://www.cuneo.us/tesmw/images/Vorrheis/mummy.jpg[/url]
Assassinace
Developer

Post by Assassinace »

Cool but are you going to make one with wrappings?
Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

Im not sure Id wanna see it with wrappings, itd look all cliche

I kinda like the more leathery look, thats what a real mummy looks like anyways
R:6 I:22 N:30
Screw it, I'm back for sweet sweet TR

Uldar Gerzae: Expect no dodgeballs out of my arse. Though if something were to shoot out of me nether regions it mgiht be wise to dodge it all the same
Assassinace
Developer

Post by Assassinace »

Although I would agree with you normally in the previous games the mummies have wrapping. I think new mummies should have wrapping and old ones should look like the ones we have.
Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

yea, I know... I dunno though... it looks cheezy with wrapping, maybe those are west coast style :P

Uldar Gerzae: Expect no dodgeballs out of my arse. Though if something were to shoot out of me nether regions it mgiht be wise to dodge it all the same
vorrheis

Post by vorrheis »

Wrapping a mummy is a cultural thing. I might put wrappings on it when we get to a desert. This monster is just an animated mummy from the game, which is mummified with ash and salt.
I would like to eventually do a couple of variations. If everyone likes the animations, I might try to make it into a proper, rotting zombie.

Vorrheis

If you want to play-test it, the nifs are in the soundgen thread. It doesn't require new textures.
Assassinace
Developer

Post by Assassinace »

I think it looks good for morrowind (Especailly nice to give Necron a good feel) however I think we will need another one once we leave Morrowind.
Gimli the dwarf

Post by Gimli the dwarf »

I think it's awesome, do they actually sit up from their fetal position?

This could make some interesting scripts too, think indiana jones: ROTLA. The player might get an artifact from a tomb and upon disturbing it the mummies become restless and start to arise from their eternal slumber... spooky :twisted:
Shaper of Worlds
DMKW

Post by DMKW »

it would be nice if it was scripted to be in the typicla mummy sitting possiton and then got up and attacked when you weren't expecting it. :D
Neoptolemus
Developer

Post by Neoptolemus »

DMKW wrote:it would be nice if it was scripted to be in the typicla mummy sitting possiton and then got up and attacked when you weren't expecting it. :D
That would be scary as hell. ;) I was expecting the ones in Morrowind to do that the first time I saw them. I sat there at the entrance to that Urshulaku tomb for so long working up the nerve to walk past them, thinking they might jump up at me. :oops:
Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

haha same here man... and I think vorrheis said it wouldnt be hard at all to do that, he found a way to do it with his other creature... I think it was a stone golem

Asylum
Developer

Post by Asylum »

i wanna change into a zombie :D
let the damn thing eat my brains and infect me with something so i can scare the hell out of tamriel 8)
"Forgive me, for I don't know what I gain
Alone in this garden of pain
Enchantment has but one truth:
I weep to have what I fear to lose"
Eraser
Developer Emeritus

Post by Eraser »

Good job :)

hmm, you could call these ones ash mummies. they look kindof like the MW version of draugrs(skyrim mummies)

For each different province we could have different mummies fitting to the area. argonia could have mummies like those peat bog ones i've seen pictures of.
"There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact, it's all dark."
vorrheis

Post by vorrheis »

What I did with the golems didn't actually work out very well. To make the mummy stand up, I will need someone to make a simple script for the creature. I could make 2 additional idle animations. The first will be the mummy sitting still in the fetal position, the second will be it standing up.
The script will have to be set up like a perimeter trap from Tribunal. The mummy will loop the seated motionless idle until the character gets within a certain distance. Then the second idle will play, causing the mummy to stand up. If I make those idles as like 6 or 7, and the idle chance for them is at 0 in the AI section, they shouldn't sit back down in the middle of combat.
If someone wants to make a script for this, I'll be happy to add the animations. If it works I would also like to figure out a way to make them come out of the ground. If I re-skin these to look like proper zombies, I think one coming out of the ground would be extremely creepy.

Vorrheis
Assassinace
Developer

Post by Assassinace »

It seems to me like they would be a bit skinny to be zombies however for MW you might try just reskinning a dark elf.
Hermit
Developer Emeritus

Post by Hermit »

@vorrheis: Wow, that sitting and getting-up mummy would be scary as hell. Actually, with all these new creatures you have done, maybe we should do a bolt-on - a careful, lore-compliant creature replacer. I would really love to see these mummies randomly placed into dunmer tombs.
BTW, Barbarus made some amazing imperial mummies, they're part of his graveyard set, and a nice silvery fish, care to animate these? We could use these for everywhere else ...
Oh, and ... whatever happened to your avatar?
Elder Mod.

For now, I'm sleeping in my lightless city beneath the waves.

But someday ... I will be back.

Fthagn.
DMKW

Post by DMKW »

hermit wrote:@vorrheis: Wow, that sitting and getting-up mummy would be scary as hell. Actually, with all these new creatures you have done, maybe we should do a bolt-on - a careful, lore-compliant creature replacer. I would really love to see these mummies randomly placed into dunmer tombs.
BTW, Barbarus made some amazing imperial mummies, they're part of his graveyard set, and a nice silvery fish, care to animate these? We could use these for everywhere else ...
Oh, and ... whatever happened to your avatar?
barabus' fish are nice but theres only one version have you seen caits? she's probably done like 20 of them ..then theres the whales, dolphins, turtles, sharks, etc that she's done also.

another cool thing to have pop out at you and attack would be those armour mannequins everybody loves so much. when you activate it to dress it instead of companion share poping up its lunges at you ..lol that'd scare the hell outta me. :D ...might be something you'd find in a wizards laboratory or something.
Nairb
Developer

Post by Nairb »

he he that would be funny... (gets idea to release mod :twisted: )
Hold on sec, my keyboard is sliding off the desk, i gotta catch it b4 it jnkgdnldnl
Hermit
Developer Emeritus

Post by Hermit »

I do have cait's fish, but most of them are too colourful to really fit into the inner sea (having checked them, two of the sharks, one shark/stingray, and two or three other fish *may* fit). Plus, there's not one of them that's silvery, and we need a small, silvery fish. Barbarus' would be perfect for that. Plus, they're available as a food mesh (grilled) too ;)

Also, cait's farm critters are very nice, but likely won't be in Morrowind either, because of Lore issues ....

That reminds me, do we have any plans on making a smaller-than-the-aphid insect cattle critter? I think that something like an insect that fills the goat/pig niche should be done ...

@Vorrheis: whatever happened to the parastylus? Heh - that would be yet another scary insect monster. Just a thought, if you didn't like it then drop it.
Elder Mod.

Fthagn.
Earl
Developer Emeritus

Post by Earl »

DMKW wrote:another cool thing to have pop out at you and attack would be those armour mannequins everybody loves so much. when you activate it to dress it instead of companion share poping up its lunges at you ..lol that'd scare the hell outta me. :D ...might be something you'd find in a wizards laboratory or something.
Pop-up text when you get near enough to trigger the attack:
"It hurts so much... Ohhh... You... You there... are pretty... I love you... Give me... Give me something to -- groan -- wear. I love your skin... Love me too... Please?... I want to be... Ahh... Warm like blood..."
I have kleptomania, but when it gets really bad, I take something for it.
DMKW

Post by DMKW »

Earl wrote: Pop-up text when you get near enough to trigger the attack:
"It hurts so much... Ohhh... You... You there... are pretty... I love you... Give me... Give me something to -- groan -- wear. I love your skin... Love me too... Please?... I want to be... Ahh... Warm like blood..."
now thats scary :D
shadowmoon

Post by shadowmoon »

the waking up mummies should only be active in tombs with necromancers that have animating them in or VERY restless spirits protecting their turf, i dont think it should be done in all tombs. but still the mesh is REAL cool and the idea of the moving zombies is great, i just think not in every tomb
Dermatalogically Tested
On Animals
Hermit
Developer Emeritus

Post by Hermit »

Of course not. Just add a few randomly.

Also, we should seriously consider a creature bolt-on, so that it doesn't seem all that weird that Vvaqrdenfell doesn'T have so many animals that the mainland has. As for mummies, say in that tomb where you have to recover that bow in the MQ (also, that could add to the final fight - so you don't just have to fight that spirit but also his undead companions ...;) ).

As for zombies, now those could only be expected near necromancers. N'Gasta the Sload had some in Redguard, IIRC. Very nasty monsters, or so I was told. Basically, not killable. Always got up again (script?).

Also, the troll should have such a script too ... in case wan would want to do it as it was described on that Redguard FP I happened on a while ago.

Anyway, have you had a look at Barbarus' mummies, Vorrheis? Their distorted faces send shivers down my spine ... it would be truly great to see them rise up and attack you every once in a while ...
Elder Mod.

Fthagn.
vorrheis

Post by vorrheis »

Where are Barbarus' monsters? Were you asking me to animate a fish he made? I do agree that Cait's fish are a little too colorful.
The unkillable monster script can be found in Bloodmoon. In the main quest, you have to fight unkillable spriggans. That would suck if a bunch of unkillable zombies came out of the ground and then you had to run all the way to a town.
As for the troll, we should just have it respawn. I think you can script it so they re-spawn in a shorter time.
I don't know much about scripts.

Vorrheis

Does anyone want to try to make a script to make the mummy stand up? I don't want to make the animations if nobody will script it.
Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

is there a way that if you cast a fire spell after it was killed at it, you can keep it from regenerating?

Hermit
Developer Emeritus

Post by Hermit »

@Majra: Right! That was the deal about zombies, right? Burn them and they don't come back?

@Vorrheis: attached the file - Barbarus' fish. There're two types. Pretty much your average fish; they only need one idle and a swim animation I think. We could make a swarm out of them though ...
Elder Mod.

Fthagn.
vorrheis

Post by vorrheis »

Hermit,
I kind of want to see his mummies as well. Is Barbarus a part of TR? I feel kind of weird about animating someone's model whom I've never even met.

Vorrheis
DMKW

Post by DMKW »

vorrheis wrote:Hermit,
I kind of want to see his mummies as well. Is Barbarus a part of TR? I feel kind of weird about animating someone's model whom I've never even met.

Vorrheis
he's not part of TR. but i'm sure he'll give you the models if you ask...heres his page
http://www.freewebs.com/barabus/
Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

wow that webpage is great, I really like his graveyard too... we should try to woo him over to TR, any chance? talent like his would really be useful here

Hermit
Developer Emeritus

Post by Hermit »

Hmmm. I will give it a try. the wooing, I mean.
:edit: I PMed him. Fingers crossed for a positive reply. :)

As for the mummies, if one of these got up, made whispering, rustling and moaning sounds, and attacked me, I'd treally freak out! The face of one of them - the one standing in that coffin, specifically - reminds me of the faces the dead make in "the ring", which is pretty much the best horror movie I have seen in a long, ling time. (Off topic note!)

@Earl: If I ever get around doing a Sheogorath quest, you must write the dialogue! LOL
And aas for the dummies: we should make them too, amybe into a house that'S for sale in one of our cites, with dummies and all that house mod standard stuff, and script the dummies to *randomly* be replaced with one of these ... and if equipped, they attack with these weapons and armour, too! Muwahahaa ... that'd really make you think twice if you really want to display your stuff, haha!

"... give me something to wear - groan - your skin ..."

*shivers*
Elder Mod.

Fthagn.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Hi all, my ears were burning :oops: so I thought I would come over and see what Tamriel Rebuilt was all about.I must say I am impressed,you have some stunning screen shots and the music on the intro brought a tear to my eye,(where is it from by the way)so I decided to sign on!
I would be happy for you to animate my models as I know nothing about animation,my one attempt with an orc head I made resulted in a corrupt file,probably due to me using max3 so I stick to statics now. I look forward to being a useful addition to this community
Barabus
Assassinace
Developer

Post by Assassinace »

Thank you very much for coming here and letting us use you're models. If you have any specidic questions be sure to ask and check out the faqs in the help section to give you a bit of an idea what is going on.
Also I must say you're models look very nice. If you want to help with the project that's cool and if not that's cool too.
Morden
Developer Emeritus

Post by Morden »

Welcome to TR Barabus. :)
Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

Welcome, Barabus! It's great to have you aboard! :))
Hermit
Developer Emeritus

Post by Hermit »

Again, I welcome you to TR, and am glad you liked what you see. Hope to see more of your work over here!

cheers,

- hermit -
Elder Mod.

Fthagn.
Eraser
Developer Emeritus

Post by Eraser »

Welcome to TR :) another modeler who has joined, we went so long with only 1 or 2.

Static objects are just as needed as animated monsters(if not more) I think we still need dres interiors made.

OT, I saw "the ring" not long ago, wasn't scarey at all, but then again, only Clive Barker's Undying has been able to scare me since playing it :wink:
"There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact, it's all dark."
Nautilus

Post by Nautilus »

Another great creature. Your ability never ceases to amaze me.
The Mad God

Post by The Mad God »

vorrheis wrote:Does anyone want to try to make a script to make the mummy stand up? I don't want to make the animations if nobody will script it.
------------------------------------------
Begin CreepyAshMummy
short DoOnce
short proximity
short triggered
short MummyState
short initialized
floar playerdistance

If (initialized == 0)
- set proximity to 300 ;change this number to vary the distance
- set initialized to 1
EndIf

If (DoOnce == 0)
- If (MummyStat == 0)
-- PlayGroup "Static6"
- EndIf
- set playerdistance to GetDisance "player"
- If (playerdistance < proximity)
-- set triggered to 1
- EndIf
- If (triggered == 1)
-- If (Mummystate == 0)
--- PlayGroup "Static7"
--- set Mummystate to 1
--- set DoOnce to 1
-- EndIf
- EndIf
EndIf

End CreepyAshMummy
-----------------------------------------------
How's this for a script Vorrheis? (I used dashes because this forum has trouble with spaces.)

Edit: Cleaned up the script a little. I'll still need the animations to test it.
Last edited by The Mad God on Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.