Save the Horkers (of Cell -19/14)!

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Anonytroll
Website Administrator

Save the Horkers (of Cell -19/14)!

Post by Anonytroll »

Short version:

The Horker spawns in cell -19/14 should not be deleted because it isn't obvious why and would be very helpful for me.

Long version:

So I'm doing this mod that moves Bloodmoon to the east and north, for various reasons. This pretty much requires using a modified Bloodmoon.esm. Unfortunately I'm hitting a problem with the TR Alpha release file.

One of the cells that TR uses is a wilderness cell -19/14, which has two levelled Horkers. -19/15 and -20/15 have two Horkers each too, but are untouched. The Horkers in -19/14 (just north of Baan Malur) are deleted by the Alpha esp.

Unfortunately, shuffling cells around seems to cause some internal references to shift so the TR Alpha file does not recognize the Horkers (even if I don't touch cell -19/14 at all), so it results in a game-crashing "reference not found" error - and I'm loathe to suggest using Mash's Repair Reference function or go into the CS and recreate the references just to delete them again.

I can't even figure out why they were deleted, it's not like they are flopping around in the middle of Baan Malur's harbour - they are safely north of it. And since the Horkers just a bit north and west of it were untouched - any chance this deletion could be reverted for future releases?

Alternatively I'd be thankful for knowledge on how to retain internal references for cells that I don't actually touch. But really, save the Horkers!
Dragon32

Post by Dragon32 »

Have you tried using Renumber Refs on your plugin / master (Wrye Mash command on the Mods tab)?

[url=http://abitoftaste.altervista.org/morrowind/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=15&catid=46&Itemid=10&-No-more-reference-xxx-not-found-in-master]Moar info[/url] from Ieldra.
Anonytroll
Website Administrator

Post by Anonytroll »

Okay, that was helpful, thanks. Mash couldn't help me, but the Enchanted Editor did.

Now I feel kind of stupid, though. Too focused on avoiding cell conflict between two Master files when I should have created the expected one in the first place.