Recycling Voiced Dialogue

Place to discuss history, story, character development, questlines for factions and other specifics.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Theminimanx
Lead Developer

Recycling Voiced Dialogue

Post by Theminimanx »

The Tribunal expansion added a lot of new voiced dialogue to the game. However, all of it was restricted for use in the Mournhold Cells, despite the fact that relatively little of it mentions Mournhold. Now that TR is no longer using those cells, it might be useful to examine this dialogue and see if some of it can't be reused elsewhere to add some variety. A full list can of course be found in the CS, but I've made a brief summary below.

Note: All dialogue is for m/f Imperials and m/f Dunmer, unless noted otherwise.
Hello:
Some generic Guard dialogue sometimes invoking King and Emperor / Almalexia respectively.
Some generic greetings for all dispositions, sometimes mentioning Mournhold.
Mentioning your rank in the Temple, often invoking Almsivi. Dunmer only.
Mentioning your rank in the Imperial Cult, often invoking the Nine. Female Imperial only. For some reason by default only used by Laurina Maria.
Mentioning your full title in the Legion/Hlaalu/Redoran/Telvanni, along with some variant of "How may I help you?"
Greeting a fellow member of the Morag Tong by their rank. For some bizarre reason voiced by a male Imperial, so basically useless.
Mentioning your rank in the Mages Guild. Female Imperial only.
Greeting a fellow member of the Thieves Guild by their rank. Female Imperial only.
Mentioning your rank in the Fighters Guild. Male Imperial only.
"How do you like Mournhold, &PCRace?" Male Dunmer only.
"What do you think of Mournhold, %PCRace?" Female Dunmer only.
"Not much like %PCHomeland, eh, %PCRace?" Male Imperial only.
"Strange customs, strange ways, %PCRace." Female Imperial only.

Idle:
Some Ordinator dialogue. Male Dunmer only.
Some generic dialogue.
The death of vanilla Morrowind will end this prophecy and unite all Morrowind fans again under one mod, one faith, one rule by our divine project. The puppet Morrowind overhaul mods will lay down their arms and bow to our will. Those who do not yield will be destroyed.
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

As previously linked in quest resources, a handy text list is also available [url=http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/42296/?]here[/url]
Anonytroll
Website Administrator

Post by Anonytroll »

It should be noted that [url=http://mw.modhistory.com/download-53-12586]Appropriate Greetings[/url] did the same thing together with some more edits (although I don't know how much of the voiced greetings were actually used).
Ragox
Developer

Post by Ragox »

Anonytroll wrote:It should be noted that [url=http://mw.modhistory.com/download-53-12586]Appropriate Greetings[/url] did the same thing together with some more edits (although I don't know how much of the voiced greetings were actually used).
That's a great pointer and it should be a great reference.

I'm so happy that we're done with the stupid "never touch vanilla" mentality, which had hurt TR for a long time.

The best example is how the ports were never connected with the mainland, which was so illogical and had a really bad impact on the gameplay of our players.

Now that I'm thinking about it, they're actually still not connected...

Can somebody please do that already? It's really not rocket science and will offer a significant improvement.
Dragon32

Post by Dragon32 »

Ragox wrote:<snip>
The best example is how the ports were never connected with the mainland, which was so illogical and had a really bad impact on the gameplay of our players.

Now that I'm thinking about it, they're actually still not connected...

Can somebody please do that already? It's really not rocket science and will offer a significant improvement.
Weirdly, I was just commenting on the Nexus thread of [url=http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/42402/]Tamriel Rebuilt Travel mod[/url] by Ozrabl98. There are probably others..
Ragox
Developer

Post by Ragox »

Dragon32 wrote:Weirdly, I was just commenting on the Nexus thread of [url=http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/42402/]Tamriel Rebuilt Travel mod[/url] by Ozrabl98. There are probably others..
Are you saying that we don't need to do it, because there exist mods like that one?

So our players have to locate and install a additional plugin, which may or may not work at the time and possibly be of lower quality, in order to enjoy an atmospheric integration of the mainland?
Biboran

Post by Biboran »

I totally agree Ragox.
And not just about the NPC to travel. I do still think that the TR can completely change the Vvardenfell as they want. Those modifications who change cities that I saw were very poor quality, you make it much better.
Ragox
Developer

Post by Ragox »

Biboran wrote:I totally agree Ragox.
And not just about the NPC to travel. I do still think that the TR can completely change the Vvardenfell as they want. Those modifications who change cities that I saw were very poor quality, you make it much better.
You're right about that, Morrowind Rebirth and my More Detailed Places 2013 are the only ones that rework cities in a decent way imho. I'd offer my project as a base to start with for a complete Vvardenfell overhaul, if it ever comes to that.
Dragon32

Post by Dragon32 »

Ragox wrote:
Dragon32 wrote:Weirdly, I was just commenting on the Nexus thread of [url=http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/42402/]Tamriel Rebuilt Travel mod[/url] by Ozrabl98. There are probably others..
Are you saying that we don't need to do it, because there exist mods like that one?

So our players have to locate and install a additional plugin, which may or may not work at the time and possibly be of lower quality, in order to enjoy an atmospheric integration of the mainland?
Oh. I read that "somebody" in the post I quoted as meaning "anybody" not "a Tamriel Rebuilt developer"
Ragox
Developer

Post by Ragox »

dragon32 wrote:Oh. I read that "somebody" in the post I quoted as meaning "anybody" not "a Tamriel Rebuilt developer"
Ah, sorry, my bad. I should've been more precise in my wording :P
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

TR will link up fast travel with Vvardenfell, we're just not in a great hurry to do so. We may do so for the Thirr River Valley release whenever it comes, or we may not.

Edit: keep in mind that everything east of the Thirr Valley Region is subject to change, as is everything west of the TRV, and much of the TRV. I think the best approach is to link up travel routes as we complete areas, but as we may well edit Vvardenfell's internal travel routes as well as they're silly in places, it's not too clear when the best time would be to do some of that.