Morrowind Main Quest

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

The Mad God

Morrowind Main Quest

Post by The Mad God »

Background:
During the reign of Jagar Tharn, he had in place a network of alies and supporters. This group was instrumental in preventing the truth of Tharn's usurping the Emperial Throne from coming to light. When the Eternal Champion defeated Jagar Tharn, only Tharn himself was stopped. His network of supporters continued to exist and operate behind the scenes, hoping for another chance to make a play for power.

In the book series, the Real Barensiah, it describes an incident in which Barensiah is impregnated by Jagar Tharn. As this lose end is never followed up with either a live birth or an abortion, we will assume for the purpose of this project that Tharn's son was born to Barensiah and later taken in by the network of Tharn's supporters.

Summery:
The conspiracy of Jagar Tharn's supporters are making anothr grab for power using Tharn's son as a figurehead. In each of the provinces of Tamriel, they are nurturing the local problems that will ultimately weaken the Empire enough for a complete takeover to be possible. It is up to the player to discover the root cause of the provincial problems, to stablize the Empire, and to destroy this conspiracy once and for all.

In this chapter of the Tamriel Main Quest, the network of conspirators who supported Jagar Tharn are making a move against Imperial power in Morrowind. Through covert actions they will attempt to instigate a full scale House War. It will be up to the player to keep the tensions of the Great Houses of Morrowind from spilling out into the streets. While holding back the blood tide, the player must uncover the conspiracy that is working against the Third Empire of Men.

Progression:
When the player first arrives in the city of Almalexia, he is met by a messenger. The messenger gives the player a sealed letter, and leaves. The letter is an invitation to meet with an operative in the Imperial Order of the Blades. The Blades operative tells the player that all is not well in Morrowind. For some reason, the Great Houses seem on edge. Perhaps it has something to do with the waning power of the Tribunal, perhaps the threat of the Legeons withdrawing has them jockeying for position. Whatever the reason, the stability of the entire province is in jepordy.

The operative asks the player to get in touch with King Hesleth's representative in Mournhold (if Hesleth is dead, the operative won't know yet). This representative will serve as the primary questgiver. Hesleth's representative will denounce the player as a traitor and put a death warent on his head if Hesleth is already dead. (The player got the doomed world message if he killed the King, so there's no reason to legitimise his actions.)

During the first phase of the Morrowind Main Quest, Old Great House fewds will be brought to the surface by Tharn's activities. He will sabotage the projects of one house and blame it on another. At first they will keep things under control sticking to cloak and dagger operations to retaliate, but eventually, one house or another will make an overt military atack on another. At first the Legeons try to keep the peace but they are eventually drawn into the conflict on one side or another.

This whole time, the player will be working to keep the Great House rivalries from spilling into the streets. Rather than having the player chose a side and lead the charge once the fighting begins, he will try to remain neutral. With the help of Vivec and Hesleth (neither of whom want the province to fall to civil war) he makes one house after another realise that they are being manipulated. Vivec and Hesleth serve as more of a legitimising force and a diplomatic guide than rulers at this point.

While the player tries to cast some light on these events he will have to kill off some of Tharn's lackeys and even a major ally or two.

The player's membership in or leadership over one house will make it more dificult for the other houses to trust him, but it will not make it much easier for him to convince his own house. They may even temporarily disown him at some point for making nice with the other houses.

Outraged at being manipulated, the houses call a truce and send representatives to a neutral site where the player (probably acting as more of a mediator rather than head of a house) must prevent an atack on the conference while resolving the bickering of the diplomatic negociacions between the five houses.

The climax of this regeonal main quest will center on all of the houses sending troops to aid in the taking of a base where Tharn is suposeldy holed up plotting on Morrowind. With the player leading the assault, they defeat a major ally of Tharn (captured or killed I haven't decided which yet) and learn that Tharn had left when he learned of the forces massing.

If this is the first Provincial Quest the player does, evidence after the fact will indicate that Tharn was in the province only to do research about his origins and that the conspiracy's actions occured without his knowledge. If this Provincial Main Quest occurs later, evidence will indicate these were side projects of his, and that he was directing all of the events in Morrowind.

Results:
The Dunmer Great Houses are united under the treaty that the player negociated. The Imperial power in the province remains intact and a civil war is averted. Tharn's conspiracy has suffered a blow, but their activities in the other provinces are largely unaffected.

Here is the opening quest that will set both the pace and the mood for those that follow:
Hesleth's representative starts by asking the player to investigate a suspicius incident involving one House Hlaalu's mines. When the player arives, the miners explain that they think the mine is haunted (unexplained noises, tools disapearing, etc.). The player delves deep into an unused section of the mine (perhaps he has to break open a suspicous wall to get there) and discovers that House Dres is mining the same vein from another entry point. Journal entries should indicate that the player should report back to Hesleth's contact before he is seen.

Once the player reports back, the contact should tell the player to sneak back into the mine and find out why House Dres is ilegally infringing on House Hlaalu's mining charter. Are these the actions of a rouge group within the Great House or is it occuring with the full knowledge and support of House Dres.

In the foreman's office, the player will find a note on his desk. This note will appear to be from the head of House Dres demanding that the men step up their work because they need to be out of there by the time the Hlaalu miners break through into their tunnels.

When this note is given to Hesleth's representative, he mentions that something about the situation doesn't seem quite right. (This is because House Dres is being framed by Tharn's conspiracy.) He forwards the letter to Hesleth so that he might be able to find out more.

Menawhile, House Hlaalu discovers the "truth" about their mine and doesn't wait for you to finish your investigation. The "Dres" in the mine have already cleared out, but House Hlaalu retaliates on Dres by hiring the Morag Tong to execute a Writ on a high ranking member of House Dres (equivelent to Mouth rank in House Telvani).

Hesleth's representitive asks the player to speak with the Morag Tong and get them to stop. Here Hesleth's lack of understanding of Dunmer polotics is hurting him. When the player speaks to the Morag Tong representative and asks him call off the Writ, they refuse flatly on a point of honor.

They aren't suseptable to bribes (though Hesleth will suggest trying) and they won't let Hesleth intimidate them. Trying will only get the player in big trouble for questioning the honor of the Morag Tong (perhaps challenged to a duel).

They tell the player that once they issue a Writ, only the original issuer of the Writ can revoke it. It is then up to the player to find out who issued the Writ (Hesleth's people can help here or the Blades contact can give the neccesary information) and then to convince him to call off the Writ. (Actually you'll just convince him to wait until you've investigated matters before reissuing the writ.)

Once the player has secured the cooperation of the Hlaalu issuer of the Writ, he returns to the Morag Tong Guildhouse and find out that the assassin has already been dispached. The player's next task is to get into House Dres and stop the assassin before he executes the target or is discovered (as his discovery would only cause more problems).

The player enters through the same underground entrance the assassin used, and eventually finds the assassin (in an area near but not neccesarily in the main complex). The player then needs to either convince the Assassin that the Writ has been called off (preferable) or kill him.

Notes:
This is the Morrowind Main Quest idea that has resulted from the discussion in the thread entitled Morrowind MQ.

I created a sepirate thread for two reasons:
1.) Because the Morrowind Main Quest thread is 14 pages long. It is filled with several rejected ideas and basicly is cumbersome at this point.
2.) Because I had hoped that by forming the current idea into a proposal we might be able to finalize our idea and get to work on planning for specifics.
Yinnie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Yinnie »

Making this into a sticky for the benefit of all. :)
Thank you Mad God.

Yinnie.
Vegor
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vegor »

The whole quest makes sense to me and I fully agree, but I have been thinking lately and there are two points that I want to add to what stands here so far. One is direct on the MQ itself, one is just an addition which will be of later concern in next province quests but does influence Morrowind (and perhaps leads to later return to and later events in Morrowind). I will start with my point concerning the quest thusfar.

The Empire in Morrowind
The prophecies have always said that the Nerevarine will unite the Dunmer Great Houses and drive the foreigners from Morrowind. Now we can't say whether the prophecies are actualy all true, but all events point in the direction that the prophecy is true and you truly are Nerevar reborn.
In that case, the Empire presence in Morrowind (which is probably meant by "foreigners"; although there might be some discussion as to this is meant) should be driven from Morrowind by the player himself. With the crumbling power of the Empire, it will not be a surprise that a province as Morrowind, quite hostile to the empire, would be rebelling against them. It is well known among men and mer that the Empire's power is not as grand as it used to be and that there might be a way to defeat them.
With the coming of the supposed Nerevarine this feeling would only increase. With the recent events at Red Mountain and Mournhold (it will be accepted that Almalexia and Sotha Sil are truly dead and that the Tribunal has fallen) the feeling of an uphand revolution will only be strengthened.
Now stating all this it would be no surprise when I say that the Imperial presence in Morrowind should be removed. It might be hard to script or create this without changing Vvaardenfell, but all events so far point in this direction, and I think we cannot deny it. All Great Houses will eventually agree in the war against the Empire, although some houses (Hlaalu) might be very hard to convince. I do not have a full picture of how it will actually happen, I am just suggesting it SHOULD happen since everything points in that direction.

Later events
My second point concerns events after the Morrowind MQ is done. The player should travel to another province for the MQ there (probably Skyrim I assume, since it's the next on the to-do list) and after quite some time receive the message that a Great House war would have broken out in Morrowind. The balance cannot stay intact, even if the Imperials stay in Morrowind (since you probably won't accept my proposal) the Great Houses will go to war after you leave.
Where there has been a true common enemy before which was Dagoth Ur, there is (even more IF the Empire would be gone) no longer a common enemy and the Houses will start fighting each other. With the Tribunal gone all authority now lies at Helseth and he does not have enough support even to rule his own city well, let stand to rule Morrowind. Now with the Nerevarine still around during the Morrowind MQ it will remain calm since he has united them and brought hope, but after he leaves, chaos will take over - all Houses will start trying to get their hands on absolute power.

This should just be the start of a great chaotic conflict that would spread over whole Tamriel, eventually being the work of Tharn's men (but this has nothing to do with what I have said so far and should only be considered as a remark on what I think comes next - I haven't given it enough thought yet)

I know there are many flaws in the points I have made, yet the essence of them I feel is correct. I have just written down what I feel the events in the game so far lead to, considering the writings and the spoken words that have reached my ears. Yet these, I am aware, are limited and many are around these forums that have more Lore than I ever will, and therefore shall take all flaws from my points and just might leave some of it standing, but perhaps they won't.
Assassinace
Developer

Post by Assassinace »

Ok I do agree with the need to adress the prophecy. However I don't think we should kick the empire out of morrowind. Don't forget the Dunmer or foreigners in morrowind as well and are not the original inhabitants. I do think something needs to be done to say "well that could have been it" or make the player think the prophecy is complete.
The Mad God

Post by The Mad God »

In my studies of the Nerevarine prophecies, I've found that the parts which say that the Incarnate will drive out the outlanders seem to be implied rather than directly stated. It seems more like wishful thinking on the part of the ashlanders than an actual part of the prophecy.

As to the House War errupting anyway, won't that just make the player feel helpless? I mean he spends a full main quest trying to prevent it, and the moment he leaves the province (or a few months later) it all falls apart? That would just be wrong.
Vegor
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vegor »

Well that kind of leads to what I feel is best for the total Tamriel Rebuilt quest, which I will shortly state here since I think I can't explain why the war should come to pass anyway.

In the end, my idea is the player should feel helpless. You, as Nerevarine, feel you are saving the world against some greater evil that in the end appears to be (probably) Tharn's network.
I think they have been plotting a lot more than what is known so far. They know that without the Tribunal and Dagoth Ur Morrowind will be in chaos. (The thought suddenly jumps to my mind now that perhaps even Cosades is in fact somehow influenced by Tharn and therefore you had to fulfill this prophecy - why would the Emperor want this to happen, it has disaster and doom written all over it. This suspicion might be very hard to prove though).
Anyway, somehow they have had influence in your actions and the recent events in Morrowind.
I feel when all is said and done, when all province quests are done you discover you have done nothing more than to bring the continent of Tamriel to the edge of doom. Only at the end of all things you realize and only then you discover how you have been a pawn of Tharn's network.
What happens after that kind of puzzles me - should we leave the world in doom -- I would like to see a non-happy end game for once but it might be too controversial -- or should we let the player destroy Tharn's network and restore balance to the powers of Tamriel after all -- Probably the easiest to accept for most people, who doesn't want to save the world.

This is why I feel the player must be feeling helpless at sometimes, and on top of that: How can one man, even if he is the Nerevarine, keep a world as vast as that of Tamriel, in balance and order. How can he still keep his influence on the Houses when he is miles and miles away in a remote province and his name turns to little more than myth?

And as far as the Empire is concerned, I still feel they should retreat as to underline the fact that their power is crumbling but if no one agrees, we should do so as Assasinace says: Mention the prophecies, and suggest the Empire's crumbling power as well, just in a more subtle way.
Assassinace
Developer

Post by Assassinace »

I agree with a non happy end. I agree with making the player feel helpless at times.
I disagree with leaving the world in impending doom.
(And the nerevarine would likely have the same effect as the tribunal) even though the tribunal weren't there the idea of them still is (Even after thier death) for a significant amount of time.
Personally I think even with the defeat of tharns son the victory should be very bitter sweet. (Tharn himself was supposed to be a tragic hero after all and I think we should make that even more so for his son). Someone that you are pitted against despite your best efforts and what you think would be best.
And I think with the main quests the ends should also leaving the player feeling in worse shape then he started.
I could go on but right now we need to lay good foundations then we can decide on what happens after that.
Earl
Developer Emeritus

Post by Earl »

I still think the Morag Tong assassin should be killed at the "mouth's" dwelling, by his vampiric lord.

"Him, Nerevarine? A silly little man. I broke his neck like a blade of grass. I'll carry his writ around, and make my inquiries, and slaughter those who would presume to kill my mouthpiece. As inept an attempt as it was, I cannot let this matter slide. Surely you understand."

But if you keep at it...

"You think another is dictating my actions, eh? Pulling the great strings of state, to align my House against another? That is interesting. And perhaps worth investigating. Fine, then. I will allow you time to scurry about, to confirm or deny these suspicions. I have the time, after all. But don't delay. I will only stay my hand so long before visiting my wrath upon those who would be enemies, manipulation or no."

And hell, being a vampire, he might try to squeeze a favor out of you for putting off his righteous slaughter. And it'd be good if the favor kicked off another line similar to the one that got you here -- another instance of X House being lured into confrontation with Y House through dishonest means. Y'know, to show how pervasive the conspiracy is, how many balls they have in the air.

And I think Tharn's Heir should be very sympathetic. After all, the current system is rife with corruption -- which is apparent by the very existence of the conspiracy.
On the one hand, you've got Uriel and the Blades, good men supporting a corrupt system.
On the other, you've got the Conspirators, corrupt men supporting a potentially just Heir.

Morrowind is a morally ambiguous game. If the Heir turned out to be a good guy who truly believed his way was better, it'd make for a better game.
I have kleptomania, but when it gets really bad, I take something for it.
Assassinace
Developer

Post by Assassinace »

You could have one side "Tharn's son" He doesn't like it but he believes he can fix the empire under his rule.
"The ends justify the means"

And on the other you have Uriel. He is rightly there but everything is falling apart. "He is what is supposed to be but is failing"
The Mad God

Post by The Mad God »

Okay Earl, I like that.

The reason I didn't like the assassin being found out in the first place was because I thought it would touch off the hostilites too soon, but I think you've dealt with that issue.

As to Tharn's heir being sympathetic, I completely agree. In that way, he is similar to Dagoth Ur(depending on how you see your history). They're both your enemies by twists of fate. The actions of the gods have placed you both on oposite sides of the conflict though you would have liked to fight side by side.
Indoril

Post by Indoril »

Wait, is this the Morrowind or Tamriel Main Quest? I recall it being the Tamriel Main Quest, but on the thread it says morrowind Main Quest
Stendarr is the God of Mercy and Justice. Therefore, he must also be the bearer of Duck Tape, for only Mercy and Justice can use Duck Tape for the Good of man.
(\__/)
(^_^)
(>o<)
Earl
Developer Emeritus

Post by Earl »

Because it's concerned with the Morrowind aspect of the overall Tamriel MQ.
I have kleptomania, but when it gets really bad, I take something for it.
Indoril

Post by Indoril »

)*^@#_@(#&#_(*@_$#^)@(*#^$0*@#%^)*$$#_(#@(^$@#)*($^#)^@)$(!!!

Thrig edit 4/24/08: Fuck you, don't break my H-Scroll
Stendarr is the God of Mercy and Justice. Therefore, he must also be the bearer of Duck Tape, for only Mercy and Justice can use Duck Tape for the Good of man.
(\__/)
(^_^)
(>o<)
Assassinace
Developer

Post by Assassinace »

Don't know if this should factor into the MMQ but...
"Until now I have always thought that Dagoth Ur had just merely grown strong enough to keep them from the Heart, but this is better IMO. The Empire, having the Trinunal hand Numindium over, and then triggering the events that would lead to the Tribunal's weakening power. Makes you wonder if the Emperor had some other things in mind, being the especially knowledgeable Akaviri he was. "

Talking about the awakening of Ur coinciding with the removal of anumidium.
Túrelio
Developer

Post by Túrelio »

Lol you quoted me! I am Chimer_Warrior on the ES forums. I think that this could be used, and it makes alot of sense too.

I had never even thought about the MQ along with those events, even after reading 2920, but after I read that post I really made alot of sense. Especially how the Akaviri was controlling it the entire time.
Kasan Moor
Developer

Post by Kasan Moor »

Shot me if this is a completely wrong idea, but I think is is a bit of a tradition in TES:III that you must kill a god at the end of the mainquest (Dagoth Ur in Morrowind, Almalexia in Tribunal and Hircine (well, you don't actually kill him) in bloodmoon), so I thought, maybe almost at the end of the MMQ, the player would have to fight Lorkhan? I suppose he could be mad at the Nerevarine, because the Nerevarine destroyed his heart. He doesn't have to be the final boss, but he might be a enemy who "coincedently" is involved in the MMQ, as just another person who wants to kill the Nerevarine. Also, I think you should receive the first message in Firewatch, being a large imperial city, plus that's the only place with a bridge to the mainland. But that where just my two cents.
"Bling shizzle, here's a revizzle . . .oh god, I'm so white. . . "
-Jacurutu

"and since Armor of Tamriel has been delayed longer than Half Life 2, I have no idea if it exists or not." -Dexter
Kasan Moor
Developer

Post by Kasan Moor »

BUMP

Anyone responding?
-Jacurutu

"and since Armor of Tamriel has been delayed longer than Half Life 2, I have no idea if it exists or not." -Dexter
Stalker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stalker »

Lorkhan is dead. Already. W\o the help of Nerevarine.
[img]http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/3336/oblivionforum5tb.jpg[/img]

Your friendly slavedriver.
Kasan Moor
Developer

Post by Kasan Moor »

Ok, thanks for correcting me Stalker. I know a lot of lore, but never read that somewhere.

Maybe an other god (or god-like person)?
-Jacurutu

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Just a side bit, coming long after the main discussion. You might want to have another name than Uriel, seeing as how hes a prominent apocryphal character. He's the archangel of death in a lot of angel/demon based books and rpgs, ands apparently mentioned in one of the more disputed gospels next to Michael and Gabriel
Uldar

Post by Uldar »

Uriel is the Emperor, Uriel Septim VII, we didn't give him that name (Bethesda did) and we can't change it.
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

I have to say, I think it would be a good idea if House Wars actually broke out. Here are some possible wars:
House Hlaalu seems to be having difficulty with House Redoran in the original game.
House Dres and House Indoril could easily fight over borders.
House Telvanni, being a neutral party, could get tired of it all, the Empire, the other nosey Houses, the works, and declare their independence from the Morrowind province and the Tamrielic Empire (House Dres could do this too.)

I like the last idea best, myself. House Dres and House Telvanni could declare their independence and name themselves the State of East Resdayn. In this major state of war, the player, as Nerevarine, is asked to Mediate. If you approach House Dres, they just tell you to buzz off, if you approach House Telvanni, they remove you as Hortator and tell you to buzz off. A series of battles take place, with you helping defend or invade towns (just like the werewolf raid in BM, nothing like huge armies fighting) and the borders are reshaped. Old Keep could become Indoril or Hlaalu, the out of place Hlaalu city on the island in Map 5 could be attacked by Telvanni who arrived on ships, House Dres could take over Methren-ruhn and drive their control all the way up almost to Bosmora. There would probably be fighting over Firewatch and other imperial cities in the Telvanni area.

It could end in a full-scale attempt to take Necrom. Both Telvanni and Dres, however, respect Necrom and are unwilling to make an outright attack on it. House Dres could be blocking trade through the Holy Land, House Telvanni could be assasinating important Necromic leaders, and the city could be thrown into chaos. You, ofcourse, have to mend things up.

These are ideas that could be worked into a major House War instead of a prevention of House Wars. I mean, what's more fun in a game, ending war or preventing war?
Phaen
Location: I have to be sitting in front of a computer somewhere- how would I type this otherwise?

Post by Phaen »

There actually is going to be an 'open conflict' part of the Great House quests. I have no idea what it is though.
According to Majra,
Open conflict is in my head currently, and its kinda hard to explain what will occur, but I can assure you it will blow peoples socks off.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Telvanni wouldn't use ships, they'd use water striders, or some variation they raised. They also would not declare themselves anything...with another house, that is. Even though Dres has some really old vamps in charge, and Telvanni have some really old mages in charge, they wouldn't team up, especially not to declare themselves another nation together.

Just a question - Why do the Telvanni respect Necrom so much? Do they have heroes buried there?
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

I promise that part will be discussed openly and critiqued and modified once all the main guild quests are to the point of it... but believe me... it will be unique, glorious, epic, sexy, monkey
R:6 I:22 N:30
Screw it, I'm back for sweet sweet TR

Uldar Gerzae: Expect no dodgeballs out of my arse. Though if something were to shoot out of me nether regions it mgiht be wise to dodge it all the same
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Why not create a new God?

I have an idea:
Dark wizard forges army and makes contact with Oblivion, the Daedra drive him crazy and make him a god-like himself. Empire killes him in his human form.
But he's inmortal, so he forms a new body, someone everybody disgusts. He makes an army and attackes Cirodil and (ofcourse) you must stop him!
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

That'd be nice, but there are a few problems:

-Creating a new god has been done in the original game and in Daggerfall too I think
-How does an army get you to Oblivion? And forges it, like fabricants?
-Why would the daedra make him a god, and I don't think they even can without an Aedra's heart or the like.
-Only the Daedra are immortal. Nothing else can become completely unkillable.

It's nice, but it breaks lore.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Kasan Moor
Developer

Post by Kasan Moor »

I just read the idea again, but isn't it odd that a few of the main characters (Barenziah and Helseth) don't have an active role? We can't touch bethesda's work, so we can't add dialogue to Barenziah and Helseth...
-Jacurutu

Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

no one said they wont have a role... :)

Uldar Gerzae: Expect no dodgeballs out of my arse. Though if something were to shoot out of me nether regions it mgiht be wise to dodge it all the same
Kasan Moor
Developer

Post by Kasan Moor »

:)

But imagine this: You are doing the mainquest, and you want to ask Barenziah about her child. But she doesn't know a thing, you can't even ask her!

Won't that be weird?
-Jacurutu

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Don't worry Kasan, if it's a problem, we'll fix it.

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

Stalker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stalker »

haplo12345 wrote:Don't worry Kasan, if it's a problem, we'll fix it.
And how ? We can't even add a single script to her. Actually making Mournhold gates to open also breaks our own rule...
[img]http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/3336/oblivionforum5tb.jpg[/img]

Your friendly slavedriver.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

We'll break our own rules if we have to, or we'll just change the quest - like you said, unlocking the gates to Mournhold breaks the rules anyway.

Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

the point of those rules was so that the mod doesnt effect the original game. Not that very well placed, and non interfering things couldnt be added to the original game.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I just read the skyrim MQ forum, but it was locked...so I'll just put my idea here:

somebody sayd (forgot who...)

Morrowind/Tribunal's quests leave two of the Tribunal dead. We're in the waning years of the Third Era -- Eras end in big ways. The passing of the Tribunal and Uriel Septim are, to me, clear signs of new order across the board in Tamriel. Disruption, chaos, long-standing regimes crumbling, confusion and woe. Sweep [most of] the old players off the board, set new ones in their place, and see who can play best in their new positions. The old ways are failing, subtley [Tribunal] or obviously [Uriel]. That sort of thing.

I like the idea, and if you have a dark lord, now is the time for him to attack. Old houses and empires colleps (or whatever), you have evil creatures all over Tamriel who destroy the lands, etc.
In this kind of situations you get new heroes, and the player helps to save Tamriel. Evil lord gone, new systems, new leaders, new Era!
CommonsNat
Developer

Post by CommonsNat »

Well, not to be offensive, but the term Dark Lord is used far too often. Jagar Tharn is just trying to take over the Empire, no giant evil magic or anything, just deceit and... other stuff, though he could be considered evil.

Although I really don't know what's really going to happen since I haven't taken any time to read it. (I did skim over the plot for MW MQ very quickly)
Nathan Commons
Stumpytheguar

Post by Stumpytheguar »

Majra wrote:the point of those rules was so that the mod doesnt effect the original game. Not that very well placed, and non interfering things couldnt be added to the original game.
When I proposed duplicate copies of the original cells and the use of the "positioncell" command on the doors instead of load-arrows to acheive complete independence of Bethesda's Vvardenfell, I was still shot down... you'd better have one hell of an idea, Majra.
Retired - Sept. 15, 2005
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

I'd ruther we keep Jagar Tharn to only a minor part if any, he was included in Arena and Daggerfall, time someone new got the spotlight.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I say we rule out the 'dark lord' and 'monsters appearing throughout the countryside' ideas right now. They're just too cliche. I like the route of political intrigue that we're taking right now. Before we get too into any of our plans though, we should wait for Oblivion, as it's storyline will probably force us to change these plans severely.
Kasan Moor
Developer

Post by Kasan Moor »

I was thinking recently, but the Nerevarine is mainly a hero for Morrowind. He already did quite much, even defeating Hircine on Solstheim. But ain't it a tad odd to have the Nerevarine save all of Tamriel?
-Jacurutu