One more sample song. Please review!

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Telsar
Developer

One more sample song. Please review!

Post by Telsar »

Ok, I recorded another, smaller sample of my music. This sample uses instruments in which I will probably use when writing TR music, and better demonstrates the style I will use as well. Also, I don't have my mixer right now, so the climax of the sample clipped a bit.

As soon as dragonfly gets back, I'll see what need to be done music-wise, and where I need to send my music (don't worry, I'm not going to be filling up the forum with mp3's.)

Please send feedback on what you think of this sample clip! This isn't my musical ability at its fullest, (I whipped this clip up this afternoon) but it is close.
Nairb
Developer

Post by Nairb »

holy crap! thast sweet! thats.. thats.... (cries)
Hold on sec, my keyboard is sliding off the desk, i gotta catch it b4 it jnkgdnldnl
prometheus
Developer Emeritus

Post by prometheus »

what program did u use to do it?

anyway it seems uncomplete .... can be developed more .... seems more a simple scale going up not much variance , but anyway looks promising....
Totalwar site:
http://www.crimsonlegion.totalclan.com/

TR download website
http://prometheanlands.tamriel-rebuilt.org/
Telsar
Developer

Post by Telsar »

Thanks Nairb and Promethias

My real songs will be more complete, this was just a sample. I did the scale so that everyone could hear what my keyboard sounds like (which is what I use, I don't use a program, but I recorded with Sound Forge 6, if that's what you mean.)

Please keep telling me what you think!
Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

VERY nice. I'd prefer a bit darker tone on the melody, but that's just an old orc's ramblings.
Seran
Developer Emeritus

Post by Seran »

I like it.
The basic atleast.
there are some details I don't like though.
The top comes way to quickly.
And it is just storming ahead into a top.
If you can do that a bit more calmly.
And maybe add some flow to it.
So it kinda goes more gently up into a top.

But the basic tune I like.
Try adding some more instruments to it.
But I donno really.
I'm no musichian though.
I only know what I like.
And there is 600 tastes on this board. :)
If you don't bother with your past history. How do you know where your currently at? It's past what makes us who we are. And who we will be. Ignoring that, is ignoring who we are and where we're going.
Nairb
Developer

Post by Nairb »

hey its only a sample cut him some slack :wink:
Hold on sec, my keyboard is sliding off the desk, i gotta catch it b4 it jnkgdnldnl
Seran
Developer Emeritus

Post by Seran »

Nairb wrote:hey its only a sample cut him some slack :wink:
No worries.
I mean no harm. :)
See it as constructive critisism.
If you don't bother with your past history. How do you know where your currently at? It's past what makes us who we are. And who we will be. Ignoring that, is ignoring who we are and where we're going.
Telsar
Developer

Post by Telsar »

Thanks for all the input (this post doesn't mean quit giving input mind you :))

One last time, just to make it clear, and not to critisize anyone's critisism, this is a SAMPLE. My actually songs will be much longer and more drawn out. Also, as I posted earlier, I made this cut this afternoon, in about an hour. The melody is really for the most part nonexistant. I did this so that the TR community could simply hear what sounds I can create. This cut could be revised into an actuall song (by prolonging the climax and coming up with a definate melody) if enough people like it.

Note -- I'll be leaving town tomorrow and I'll be gone for a week, so I wont have any new posts until then.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

wow, that really is a good sample. I look forward to more music from you

*edit* first post with my new avatar! w00t! *edit*
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

nice. now be sure not to let sirwootalot mess with you because that was good, but you could slow it down a bit...and while I'm at it...say you died, could I inherit your keyboard? :roll:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I really like the way you made it flow.