Order of the White Dawn

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

FatalChaos

Order of the White Dawn

Post by FatalChaos »

This should be an order purely based on solving things peacefully. Members would have to help Great Houses Negotiate thier fueds, and at higher ranks be able to influence the emperors decisions on decisions such as what land goes to what house, etc. They should also try and help resolve disputes between trading guilds (if thier are any), and MAYBE (idk if this is a good idea) try and peacefully convince dissidents of the temple to reconvert to it. Also, thier should at some times be chaotic events that happen (king dies, who suceeds, riots, Great Houses Vs. Imperials, or Vs. Temple, Mages Guild vs. Unsancationed Mages, etc) that members would have to resolve.

Ranks:
1. Associate
2. Helper
3. Negotiator
4. Hope Bringer
5. Peace Bringer
6. Dawn Prayer
7. Night Slayer
8. Dawn Maker
Close your eyes, and see the world.
Negrodomous

Post by Negrodomous »

how about "hope giver" or "peace giver", either one.
G.M.K.

Post by G.M.K. »

Sound like a bunch of judges and arbitors. They seem to polished and clean right now. Plus why would anyone listen to them? I knowI wouldn't if I knew they were against me.
FatalChaos

Post by FatalChaos »

Well the idea is that if something isn't worked out, then everything goes to hell and bloodshed ensues. Hell, if you fail to negotiate a deal fighting should start right then and thier. The idea is you try and get it so both sides agree to a deal. I mean war isn't really something people want. It's costly and sometimes VERY drawn out.
Stumpytheguar

Post by Stumpytheguar »

<edited to remove 'spam' content>
Last edited by Stumpytheguar on Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Retired - Sept. 15, 2005
Jacurutu
Developer Emeritus

Post by Jacurutu »

Stumpy raises a valid point. How would the order actually inforce its will? Without some kind of power, they would be kind of pointless. Also, how large is this order going to be? If they're going to be large enough to influence the Emperor, Great Houses, etc, they need to be very far reaching and powerful. So, I think that we need to decide a basis for their power if they're to exist. My idea would be to give them some kind of economic influence (a threat every leader can relate to) backed up by an elite guard.
Only the prospect of death makes life worth living.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

a corrupt elite guard that dresses in black and protects a sinning and badly corrupt leader, whom is being supplanted by a group of faithful members trying to create a council...but to no avail...their guild implodes and collapses on itself, thus it is no more...
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

yes, yes, now were getting somewhere. perhaps an organization that really does settle things. but, perhaps there is a darker side to them. like they control others thourgh black mail, manipulation and treachery. they seemingly are goodies, but are more corrupt then the temple. with a secret office holding many secrets. well, this was an idea. and a name change might be in order too. and can someone please put in a voting thing? i would like to vote yes if so. And also, how do you put a voting thing?
FatalChaos

Post by FatalChaos »

You have to create a seperate poll topic i think. Heh yeah the secrecy thing sounds nice. Maybe you could have it so that either you can reform it or use it to gain power. On the other hand though, you could use the corrupt part of it and restore the empire :). Get in a new king, strengthen imperical ties to Great Houses, and stabalize the empire. In the real world, it took a military dicator to get Korea running.
Garriath
Developer Emeritus

Post by Garriath »

Unless I'm much mistaken, we're way past this stage for Morrowind. Perhaps another province, or as a bolt-on. This goes against too much lore to be included in the Dunmer homeland. Perhaps in Skyrim.
Stalker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stalker »

It's Temple in Morrowind which settle down such things. So MW doen't need another organization like it. Plus it sounds really Imperialish.
[img]http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/3336/oblivionforum5tb.jpg[/img]

Your friendly slavedriver.
Stumpytheguar

Post by Stumpytheguar »

<edited to remove 'spam' content>
Retired - Sept. 15, 2005