Factions Expanded

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Gooblecakes

Factions Expanded

Post by Gooblecakes »

I would like to start a bolt on for TR; Factions expanded. i think it would be great to have better factions in tamriel and on vvardenfall. it started as a small ambition of mine to just add more quests to the factions of VF, but then i discovered this project, and i thought that it would be graet to include it here, too. I'm hoping that i can get two members to help with this project, even though i havent really started in earnest on it. we will be working like this;
-We will work districrt by district.
-first is vvardenfell district, then the mainland house district

If, i can get 2 members, we will be doing many new features including;
-as a grandmaster, get some new quests to imprive your stronghold
-in the different houses, actually feel like you have some place in the huse, no more stuff where "gongrats, your the new grandmaster, have fun doing nothing"
-quests for grandmasters
-expand a guilds interests to other towns
redo the strongholds - maybe not for dres and indoril if tamriel rebuilt does them right
-let the player have actual responsibilitys to the faction
- do more guild-like stuff

thats basikly it. i really hope i can get members to join to do this bolt on for tr. If not, tis post is meaningless, and this endeavor is doomed... sorry i cant post more information, but i have to go...
Indoril

Post by Indoril »

Well, I can write good quest ideas and think up factions, but I don't actually know how yet to write quests.
Stendarr is the God of Mercy and Justice. Therefore, he must also be the bearer of Duck Tape, for only Mercy and Justice can use Duck Tape for the Good of man.
(\__/)
(^_^)
(>o<)
G.M.K.

Post by G.M.K. »

I'll help you out, but I'm a very busy person and won't be able to contribute all the time.
Stalker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stalker »

Count me in for interior modding and myabe some scripts.
[img]http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/3336/oblivionforum5tb.jpg[/img]

Your friendly slavedriver.
Inferno_str1ke

Post by Inferno_str1ke »

ill agree to make it a bolt-on, so there's my support. any further help or queries i could answer, just ask.
M1ke
Vegor
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vegor »

If it's worked out well, I'd be willing to lend a helping hand as well. I believe there already was some sort of proposal on this, but probably no plans yet for an actual bolt-on. The mainland houses will have quests for Grandmasters, but we should be able to fix some nice quests for Vvardenfel's Grandmaster positions.
wishmaster

Post by wishmaster »

I'm in too!
I can make interiors, little scripting,
and ideas! :P
G.M.K.

Post by G.M.K. »

Stop your bickering you two, This is something I've allways wanted to see done, but most modders break lore or put uber items into it. The best thing to do Gobblecakes is to open a board somewhere and get people who want to help join on to it, that way this won't be where people who think bolt-ons are destructive to TR wont be seeing it as much.
Gooblecakes

FACTIONS EXPANDED MESSAGE BOARD!!!!

Post by Gooblecakes »

its up, now. me and GMK are still figuring out all the configuration, but we would really appreciate it if you would register and give some quest proposals and feedback on our stuff.

*edit* oops, i forgot the link

http://gooblecakes.proboards2.com/index.cgi
Inferno_str1ke

Post by Inferno_str1ke »

im very happy to see this going well. the only bolt-on that has so far, and i know some members of the core think this whole thing is a load of **** (mostly due to all the **** i used to spout about it) but now we'll have some good results, and all the project will rejoice
M1ke
Inferno_str1ke

Post by Inferno_str1ke »

am i to assume that the mod is still being created. whilst not necessary, it would be nice if you could update us on progress from time to time.
M1ke
G.M.K.

Post by G.M.K. »

Guess I better update this as per Inferno's request.

We're currently working on interior's, exterior's, some quests, but mostly quest proposals. Another update is that I'm now the new leader of FEP. I'm not sure if there's much else to updatexcept for some screenshots which are not at my disposal at the moment.
Stumpytheguar

Post by Stumpytheguar »

<edited to remove 'spam' content>
Last edited by Stumpytheguar on Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Retired - Sept. 15, 2005
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

From the sound of it, he's grounded for a long time, and has no access to 'his' computer. *snickers derisively* So he handed the leadership over to GMK until he 'returns'.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Vegor
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vegor »

I've always said I found FEP a very good idea if done well. But with Gooblecakes as leader I didn't have a reason to believe it would every be productive. With him as leader-off I might be willing to lend the project a helping hand.
Negrodomous

Post by Negrodomous »

Well, GMK is our new leader :D .
Vigdis

Post by Vigdis »

I'm new in TR and searching for work, so I could help you. Although I don't know anything about scripting, I could help you with NPCs, Buildings, Factionnames and ideas for Quests.
LordGothren

Post by LordGothren »

wed be glad to have you on the team. Right now were manily in the quest writing phase so just take a trip to the site and register and then jump in and start proposing quests.
Novice interior designer
Interiors claimed:1

Interiors finished:4
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Welcome to Tamriel Rebuilt Vigdis. We are currently in need of Literature, Quests, Interiors, Scripts, Models, NPCs, Retextures, Ideas, and an Exterior or two, so anything you offer is greatly needed and appreciated :-D

Here at TR we have an open claims system, which means you go to the Available *insert name here* Board, and request a claim on an available Interior/Exterior/Script/NPC. If it is granted by someone in the core (Administrator or Global Moderator), then you can work on it.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Negrodomous

Post by Negrodomous »

We just got a new "replacement" FEP forum, it's at [url]http://s3.invisionfree.com/FactionsExpanded/index.php?[/url]
Colostriph

Post by Colostriph »

Can I join? Seems like a good Idea.
Negrodomous

Post by Negrodomous »

sure, anyone can :)
Devon8999

ideas

Post by Devon8999 »

Im not very good at scripting out stuff, but i can share ideas e-mail if you need me
_____________________________________________________________ i am the ideamaster kneel before me :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
Majra wrote:to decide who is the coolest guy in the core, we shall have a fight off

Last man standing is crowned coolest of the cool
START BITCHES!

*gets in car drives to Baltimore to fight dexter*
This'll be interesting....
LordGothren

Post by LordGothren »

we dont need to do emails just cmon over to are forums. We can disscuss everything there. We can use any ideas you care to contribute so if you have any idea at all no matter how small come on over to are forums and will discuss it.

link is http://s3.invisionfree.com/FactionsExpanded/index.php?act=idx
Novice interior designer

Devon8999

cool

Post by Devon8999 »

cool :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
Majra wrote:to decide who is the coolest guy in the core, we shall have a fight off

START BITCHES!

Negrodomous

Post by Negrodomous »

sadly, there hasn't been many posts over the last month or so, im affraid that fep is dieing, we could really use an extra few members... anything you can do would help a bunch. I dont wanna lose fep, please help out if you can. the forums are located [url=http://s3.invisionfree.com/FactionsExpanded/index.php?]here[/url], please save this project.

Negrodomous
Blackblade

Post by Blackblade »

I agree, I admit I don't do much on the project(I'm realy busy in Real Life), but I'd hate to see it die. I's a good Idea.
[url=http://s3.invisionfree.com/FactionsExpanded]Join the Factions Expanded Project![/url]
Negrodomous

Post by Negrodomous »

yeah, even 2 new members posting there with new ideas would really get the forums rolling again. :)
Zaldav

Factions Expanded

Post by Zaldav »

How about being able to join the Rouge Telvani? Or the smugglars in various caves(eg: Punabi,Asunabibi)?
Don't be afraid of the dark, be afraid of whats in it......
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I tried to register at that link but it wouldn't let me :(
I really like the idea though, the amount of provided faction quests and involvement is rather twatty. I can't script but I can offer ideas, write literature, dialogue etc. and maybe even do some cell/NPC design or whatever. That is, if this little projects's still at large...?
Negrodomous

Post by Negrodomous »

sorry i didnt update this sooner, after a month of inactivity, we're back, gmk's back at fep, so are some of our other members... we've been getting some work done lately (see at our website www.fephome.tk )

so, if you wanna come and check it out, [url]http://www.factionsexpanded.tk[/url]
Inferno_str1ke

Post by Inferno_str1ke »

Thank you for the update, it is much appreciated. Good to see the project continues.
M1ke
LordGothren

Post by LordGothren »

well many of are memebers are either gone or on vacation right now so the project is going through one of its slow periods
Novice interior designer

Devon8999

Post by Devon8999 »

And we thought you were dead lordgorthren....

START BITCHES!

Blackblade

Post by Blackblade »

Unfortunantly, we are almost dead right now. We need all the help we can get from people. This is a great project, and it's failing right now. If anyone is willing to help, join the project a [url]http://www.factionsexpanded.tk[/url]. Thank you for helping us out.
[url=http://s3.invisionfree.com/FactionsExpanded]Join the Factions Expanded Project![/url]
Vegor
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vegor »

How is your stance on cooperating with TR at all? A while ago I read this, and I quote, on your forums: "I say screw what TR wants, it confines us way to much and lets be ambitious because we got all the time in the world. So here is what we're going to do."

If this is an official stance, you're recruiting members for another project here which is not a polite thing to do.
Don't get me wrong, I still like the idea of FEP but if you're officially a different project now you shouldn't be looking for members here but rather on the official TES forums or other mod community forums.
Blackblade

Post by Blackblade »

I am willing to cooperate with TR as much as possible, and do things that are lore friendly. We may have a sort of "add on" that is not lore friendly, but that will be a seperate, optional plug in. The official FEP mod will be lore friendly and cooperate with TR because it is, after all, a bolt on, and there is no point in having a bolt on without being alowed to be in TR. That is my stance, and I believe that it is shared with other FEP members as well.

By the way: Who said "Screw TR"?

EDIT: I saw the thread. It was GMK I don't think that he still stands by that comment, though. I'll ask him.
Artemis Entreri

Post by Artemis Entreri »

Can you join at that project if you're not skilled with the CS, or just suggest things or give ideas? I like the idea of expanding the factions, but unfortunatly i can't do shit in the CS.
"I have an idea so smart, that my head would explode if i even began to know what i was talking about."
Negrodomous

Post by Negrodomous »

Sure you can :)
El Scumbago
Developer Emeritus

Post by El Scumbago »

I already begun to do some stuff for TR but I've got plenty time for the month to come, and I think FEP is a necessary bolt on.
If you have use for concept art, interiors and ideas count me in Negrodomus, I'll be very happy to help in any way I can