Monologue: Truth Behind a Veil of Love [G, L]

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

storm_crow

Monologue: Truth Behind a Veil of Love [G, L]

Post by storm_crow »

Here's another monologue for Players of Tamriel, it is of less quality than the first one, mainly because I had little inspiration and also because it was written by the Quest Giver of The Players of Tamriel, who isn't yet experienced as a Playwrite. Tell me what you think, also, if anyone has better title idea, please fell free to post it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monologue-Truth behind a veil of love
By Marvothieuse Puntion, director of the Players of Tamriel theatrical troop

(The scene is decorated like a rich woman’s bedroom, a desk with bundles of paper in a corner, a great bed in the center, and a large wardrobe on the side. An old man enters, red in the face and visibly tired. He looks around the room as he comes in before sitting on the bed to rest a bit)

What I wouldn’t do for that dear Anirna! Run all the way across the fields to get the glove she forgot, take an hour to look for her, find her by the lake talking with that lieutenant of mine, and go all the way back up the hill to fetch a shirt in her room. It a good thing I left Redus with her, to keep her company so she wouldn’t run off again. (lost in thought) A good chap that Redus! (looking around) I can’t wait until we get out of her father’s summer estate. The wedding is set on the day after our return; we’ll have no time to lose.

Then again, it is right for us to be here. Her father was a nice man, a good business partner, a little over protective of his daughter, but a good man nonetheless. He was happy when I offered him to marry his daughter; he had known he could die in peace. Naturally, I was only but too happy. I had been so bored after Helena’s death, but with this little rosebud in my life, I’ll find the pleasures of my youth once again.

(begins to search absent-mindedly for a shirt)

She was slightly unsure when I began spending time with her, obviously playing hard to get. I eventually fell truly in love with Anirna, and she to, ended up admiring me. It wasn’t easy for the girl to accept the death of her dear father, of course, thank the divines I was there to support her. (pause) That only got us even closer.

(looks thoroughly through the wardrobe)

(Slightly frustrated) Curse this! Where’s a woman’s shirt when you need one! I can’t wait until we get back to our servants, this is maids job, do I look like a maid? Why didn’t she send Redus in up here instead anyways? (pause, goes to the chest of drawers) I guess it’s a good thing, those two need to get along if Anirna is to live in my house. She looked at him so coldly at first, they seemed to be getting along a little better when I saw them by the lake! (finds a shirt and pulls it out) Ah! Here we are, this better do the trick.

(He walks over by the desk and trips over a piece of clothing and falls on the ground, pulling a book to the ground with him. A small piece of paper sticks out from the volume. He collects himself and places the book and paper back on the table, then notices the writing on the paper, and pulls it up to his eyes.)

(While reading) Anirna…I don’t believe, Anirna and…Redus! Why the ass, curse him and his gentleman’s manners. (screaming violently) Curse him and his love letter! She’s mine, how can she, he… How can they do this to me! (leans on the table, breathing heavily) The little prig, how dare he steal his superior’s wife! I…I…How dare he do this to ME! (pulls a sabre from his belt) I shall kill the young fool! If he is unable to keep it in his pants before my wife to-be, he will never take it out again! (going out of the room) I SHALL CUT YOU TO PIECES, REDUS YOU FOOL!
''Silly Rabbit, tricks are for kids.''
-Oren Ishii and The Bride

Currently working on plays of every shapes colors and sizes for Tamrielic Players.
Vernon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vernon »

What age are the characters in this? Please clarify because it seems quite odd in parts.
welp
storm_crow

Post by storm_crow »

The Imperial male who speeks is a relatively old character (like 50 to 60 in our times, would that be around 40 years old sinc this is like medieval like world I guess). Anirna is younger (18-20ish) and Redus is also young (for the main character anyways), around 25-30 years old.

Currently working on plays of every shapes colors and sizes for Tamrielic Players.
storm_crow

Post by storm_crow »

Can I get some lore/grammar/is this good enough to be put into TR checks on this work please?

Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

Monologue-Truth behind a veil of love
By Marvothieuse Puntion, director of the Players of Tamriel theatrical troop

(The scene is decorated like a rich woman’s bedroom, a desk with bundles of paper in a corner, a great bed in the center, and a large wardrobe on the side. An old man enters, red in the face and visibly tired. He looks around the room as he comes in before sitting on the bed to rest a bit)

What I wouldn’t do for that dear Anirna! Run all the way across the fields to get the glove she forgot, take an hour to look for her to find her by the lake talking with that lieutenant of mine, and go all the way back up the hill to fetch a shirt in her room.
It is (?) a good thing I left my Redus with her, to keep her company so she wouldn’t run off again. (lost in thought) A good chap that Redus! (looking around) I can’t wait until we get out of her father’s summer estate. The wedding is set on the day after our return; we’ll have no time to lose.

Then again, it is right for us to be here. Her father was a nice man, a good business partner… (this would probably not be said in one breath) a little over protective of his daughter, but a good man nonetheless. He was happy when I asked him for a hand of his daughter; he had known he could die in peace. Naturally, I was only but too happy (???). I had been so bored after Helena’s death, but with this little rosebud in my life, I’ll find the pleasures of my youth once again.

(begins to search absent-mindedly for a shirt)

She was slightly unsure when I began spending time with her, obviously playing “hard-to-getâ€Â￾. I eventually fell truly in love with Anirna, and she too ended up admiring me. It wasn’t easy for the girl to accept the death of her dear father, of course. Thank the divines I was there to support her. (pause) That only got us even closer.

(looks thoroughly through the wardrobe)

(Slightly frustrated) Curse this! Where’s a woman’s shirt when you need one?! I can’t wait until we get back to our servants; this is maids job. Do I look like a maid? ! Why didn’t she send Redus in up here instead anyways? (pause, goes to the chest of drawers) I guess it’s a good thing, after all. Those two need to get along if Anirna is to live in my house. She looked so coldly at him at the beginning. They seemed to be getting along a little better when I saw them by the lake! (finds a shirt and pulls it out) Ah! Here we are! This better do the trick.

(He walks over by the desk, trips over a piece of clothing and falls on the ground, pulling a book to the ground with him. A small piece of paper sticks out from the volume. He gets up and places the book and paper back on the table. Then he notices the writing on the paper, and pulls it up to his eyes.)

(While reading) Anirna…I don’t believe, Anirna and…Redus! Why the ass?! Curse him and his gentleman’s manners! (screaming violently) Curse him and his love letter! She’s mine! How could she, he… How could they have done this to me?! (leans on the table, breathing heavily) That little prig, how dare he steal his superior’s wife! I…I…How dare he do this to ME?! (pulls a sabre from his belt) I shall kill the young fool! If he is unable to keep it in his pants before my wife to-be, he will never take it out again! (going out of the room) I SHALL CUT YOU TO PIECES, REDUS, YOU FOOL!
THEO
Vernon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vernon »

welp