The origin of the Orcs

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

nietzsche

The origin of the Orcs

Post by nietzsche »

I have often wondered where is the homeland of the orcs? This is what I came up with:
Orcs were born during the latter days of the Dawn Era. History has mislabeled them beastfolk, related to the goblin races, but the Orcs are actually the children of Trinimac, strongest of the Altmeri ancestor spirits. When Trinimac was eaten by the Daedroth Prince Boethiah, and transformed in that foul god's insides, the Orcs were transformed as well. The ancient name for the Orcs is 'Orsimer,' which means 'The Pariah Folk.' They now follow Malauch, the remains of Trinimac.
This is from the book The true nature of orcs. So the orcs are actually elves?!? And if a understand correctly they are cursed elves, followers of Trinimac/Malacth. But this doesn't explain where is their homeland. Perhaps it was aldmeris? could somebody shed some light in this, please?[/quote]
Phaen
Location: I have to be sitting in front of a computer somewhere- how would I type this otherwise?

Post by Phaen »

The elves, including what became the orcs, came from Aldmeris/Ehlnofey.
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

The Orcs live in High Rock, a province created of the lands of the Bretons (who live in High Rock proper) and Orsinium (the land of the Orcs). The Orcs had their own province in the First Empire, but Tiber Septim annexed it to High Rock in the Second Empire as he hated Orcs (and yet he raved on about equality between the races and so forth. A load of BS.)
wishmaster

Post by wishmaster »

I don't know why, but I feel a little LOTR-Touch about that nietzsche! :P
nietzsche

Post by nietzsche »

yes, you're right wishmaster, there indeed seems to be resemblance about what Saruman said about the orcs in the movie. :wink:

But if you think logically, one comes easily to that kind of conclusion about the text, right? :)
nietzsche

Post by nietzsche »

Nomadic1 wrote:Orsinium (the land of the Orcs).

wasn't orsinium a huge city, not a land? (at least that's what i've read) :shock:
Arthmodeus
Developer

Post by Arthmodeus »

Someone on this forum said that Orisnium and the Dragontail Mountains were separated from the rest of High Rock recently. None of the maps show because it was so recent.

I think it was Eraser but I dont remember...
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

The orcs live in the Dragontail Mountains, I believe, which run from Hammerfell and into High Rock, so technically they live in both places. Their capital is in High Rock, however.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Artemus Canehar

Post by Artemus Canehar »

"These sophisticated barbarian beast peoples of the Wrothgarian and Dragontail mountains are noted for their unshakable courage in war and their unflinching endurance of hardships."

I know this isn't much of help but I could not find the name Wrothgarian from this topic.

I don't know much about Tamriel yet, but this is from the Morrowind manual.
:roll: