Tom's Showcase

In order to implement content in-game, you must be a Developer. This is the place for you to introduce yourself, and apply to become a TR Developer.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Tom-Tom

Tom's Showcase

Post by Tom-Tom »

I'm interested in becoming a Quest/Lore/Writer TR Modder.

I have just completed my first piece of writing entitled,
"Esoteric Order of the Aphotic Crepuscular".

It is a fictional conspiracy theory comprising of Lorkhan, the Dwemer, the War of the First Council, the Battle of Red Mountain, and the mysterious disappearance of the Dwemer.

Synopsis:
Lorkhan lives immortally in Tamriel, starting an Order to be a "protector of esoteric truths". The three era long tale incorporates many of the Elder Scrolls myths and its lore.

Regards,
Tom.
Attachments
esoteric order of the aphotic crepuscular.doc
"Esoteric Order of the Aphotic Crepuscular".
(38.5 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
Whatever you are, be a good one.
[img]http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/5629/3165tvgv6.th.jpg[/img]
Nanu
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nanu »

Posted here because us Lit Mods hate attachments.
___

Esoteric Order of the Aphotic Crepuscular: A History of the Order
By Thomas Burns

Princedom of Lorkhan

In the genesis there was the Cosmos. Aurbis gave birth to the Cosmos by the celestial power of Anu and Padomay in the beginning of the Dawn Era. When Akatosh formed, Time began, and it became easier for some spirits to realize themselves as beings with a past and a future. The strongest of the recognizable spirits crystallize: Mephala, Arkay, Y'ffre, Magnus, and Rupgta. Others remain as concepts, ideas, or emotions. One of the strongest of these, a barely formed urge that the others call Lorkhan, details a plan to create Mundus, the Mortal Plane.
Lest, Lorkhan had a brother; it was Boethiah the Prince of deceit and conspiracy, the Prince of secret plots of murder, assassination, treason, and unlawful overthrow of authority. His brother, of whom he shared power and a wealth of knowledge with, was to conspire with him. History was to repeat itself via the bloodline, as had their father Padomay introduced instability into the universe in the Beginning Place with Anu, so would Boethiah and Lorkhan would indroduce instability into the universe of Tameriel.
For it is written in the Lost Histories of the Daedra that Lorkhan is actually one of the Daedric Princes and that Tamriel is really the mortal name given to Dawn's Beauty, the Princedom of Lorkhan and therefore actually a Daedric realm of Oblivion.
Lorkhan convinced and contrived the Original Spirits to bring about the creation of the mortal plane, upsetting the status quo. Tameriel was materilized. However, the Dragon-god of Time, Akatosh, among others felt betrayed by Lorkhan after finding out that the agreement to help him construct Nirn, the mortal plane, left Akatosh and the other participating spirits weakened. In fact, most of the spirits ended up dying. In anger, Akatosh ripped out Lorkhan’s heart and cast it down into Nirn to form Red Moutain. Lorkhan, the enemy to the First God, whose perch from Eternity allowed the day, was condemed to exile in the mortal realms. Though his heart lingered in the firey depths of Red Moutain, he could not yet take phisical form as Prince of Tamriel. Only with the help of a Deadric Prince could he ressurect into his true power and glory the Missing God, Doom Drum of the Dwe, the Prince of Dawn’s Beauty.

Founding of the Order

In the dawning of the Merethic Era (ME2500) Master Lorkhan lurked in the wilderness of his mortal landscape, avoiding the aboriginal beast folk inhabitants. In the middle of the Merethic Era the Aldmeri came from their doomed and now-lost continent of Old Ehlnofey and made settlements along the coasts of Tamriel. Later, the elves moved inland and built cities in the southwest and central of Tamriel. Master Lorkhan, lucrative and disguisable, lay in the shadows of waiting, there conceiving and executing of his plan in clandestine to establish the Esoteric Order of Aphotic Crepuscular in the city of Lainlyn in modern day Hammerfell. The Order was established to be the protector of esoteric truths, which required a highly exclusive group of individuals who could keep to the dark, the shadows, and the moonlight, not necessarily because of a strange appeal to such things, but because of an ability to use them to an advantage.
During the time of the founding the Aldmeri’s sheer populous and far advanced technologies forced the primitive beast folk out of their occupied territories and into the jungles, marshes, mountains, and wastelands.
The Adamantine Tower, once the holding place of the meeting of the gods and Daedra in the Dawn Era is rediscovered and captured by the Direnni, a well respected and powerful Aldmeri clan, which puts pressure on rival clans to find wealth, fame, and glory before they become too powerful to overthrow. This promotes unwavering loyalty to most clan followers, however also promotes clans, orders, and guilds in general. This helped our dearest Master Lorkhan in his recruiting of members in this time. It was not much later in the ear that Crystal Tower was built on Summerset Isle and, later, White Gold Tower in Cyrodiil. These towers drew people from across the land which also served the Esoteric Order of Aphotic Crepuscular well in that it unified people to target in recruiting campaigns. Naturally esoteric in nature, the recruiting scheme generally consisted of individuals seeking out clues in order to be recognised as a possible initiate of the order.
To join the Esoteric Order of Aphotic Crepuscular, one must follow the path of the Prince. To follow the path of the Prince; one must travel first to the Adamantine Tower, which is where the trail begins. It is a long and strenuous journey that only few bear the physical and mental aptitude to achieve, however the award of joining in the ranks of the Esoteric Order of Aphotic Crepuscular is well worth its challenge.

Autumn of the Order
The Autumn of the Order occurs in the time period of the late Merethic Era to 1E668.

Dwe: the ludicrous men of the north no nothing of its true meaning, for it is not “shortâ€Â￾ that are the Dwemer, who are given misinterpreted reference to as dwarves. It is far from short that are the Dwemer, far from short that is Dwe.
As the High Elven Wizard towers were built in the northeast in modern day Morrowind, the Order gained more members as the days grew old, though it was not a time for vast expansions or recruitment schemes. In light of noticeable and quite drastic changes in the society of the day, the Order decided to cut down on numbers. Genocide occurred in secrecy at the Esoteric Order of Aphotic Crepuscular’s Headquarters on the island of Cespar of the west coasts of Hammerfell. After literally hundreds of deaths at an “urgentâ€Â￾ conference of the Esoteric Order of Aphotic Crepuscular on Cespar, the elite of the Order fled to Ald’ruhn in modern day Morrowind which hailed less than ten miles from Red Mountain, the site considered sacred, although however vary dangerous by the Order.
It was in this time of establishing new headquarters that the Order stumbled upon what would now be known as an early Dwemer Freehold colony. Dumac, King of the Dwemer confided in Master Lorkhan that he had reason to believe that the Heart of Lorkhan resided within the area, which Master Lorkhan did already know. However, he saw a use for the Dwemer’s tools (Keening, Sunder, and a Wraithguard).
After some negotiation between the leaders, a conspiracy had been contrived to structure a series of events which would lead to the battle of Red Mountain.
During the transition of the Order’s headquarters, in the 1E 266 Master Lorkhan went on an extremely secretive mission which the Order has no record of. However it was during that year that the missing sibling god of the Eight Divines arrived at the White Gold Tower in the Imperial City and transformed the dying Alessia into the first of the Cyrodiilic saints. The book of “Trials of Alessiaâ€Â￾ states that Akatosh made a covenant with Alessia, he promises to protect the Empire of Men from the Daedric Princes of Oblivion as long as she and her descendants wear the Amulet of Kings and the magical dragonfire burn. Lorkhan was and is Akatosh.
Akatosh, and therefore Lorkhan had the power to transport a race into another plane, the plane of choice: the Higher Plane.

Battle of Red Mountain

As planned, the War of the First Council initiated between the Dwemer and the Chimer. While the Chimer armies and the Dwemer armies face each other in the field, Nerevar along with Dagoth Ur and a small band of Chimer successfully enter Dumac's citadel in Red Mountain. Inside they confront Dumac and Kagrenac. In the confusing battle, Kagrenac turns to his tools (Wraithguard, Keening and Sunder) and uses them on the Heart of Lorkhan, and, in that very moment, all Dwemer ceased to exist in the plane of Tamriel. The Dwemer go to be with Akatosh in the Higher Plane. The volcano of Red Mountain erupts for the first time in recorded history to mark the end of a long awaited departure from the mortal plane.
___
I'm well able to scan this for obvious lore errors and all grammatical issues, but I am unable to scan for the finer details of lore.
"You can remove spells from your list in Morrowind. I think it was shift-click, don't quote me on that though." - Cathartis
|[url=http://tinyurl.com/mnbsqv]Forum Rules[/url]
|[url=http://tinyurl.com/mj594z]Moratorium[/url]
| [url=http://tinyurl.com/6msxag]Writing for TR[/url]
Tom-Tom

Post by Tom-Tom »

"I'm well able to scan this for obvious lore errors and all grammatical issues, but I am unable to scan for the finer details of lore."

Please do be aware that the work is given the, correct I believe, label of "fiction". It is an attempt a 3E Tamriel “DaVinci Codeâ€Â￾, though not nearly as to its complexity, rather an experimentation of what could lead to be.

Also, my apologies for the use of an attachment, I shall however now know for next time. Thank you.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Aye, what Nanu meant was that he was able to check for lore in that you didn't mention the obvious things like guns, electronic devices, or other obvious Earthly objects. Tamriel does, after all, have a very rich, very fat pile of lore. It even starts to stink every now and then if you don't wash it!
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Tom-Tom

Post by Tom-Tom »

All too true my friend!

Now, I hate to lean towards the malcontent side of myself, but where exactly do I go from here?
Do I write and submit more articles or books?
Do I re-write this one?

Please do advise.
Nanu
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nanu »

You'd have to wait for some one to look over it. Haplo, Sload, and Xui'al are the people you'd like to see. I'd review it for grammar, but that'd be time-consuming and rather redundant seeing how you seem to grasp the language. :D

PM Sload and Xui'al and they will get you on. :)
"You can remove spells from your list in Morrowind. I think it was shift-click, don't quote me on that though." - Cathartis
|[url=http://tinyurl.com/mnbsqv]Forum Rules[/url]
|[url=http://tinyurl.com/mj594z]Moratorium[/url]
| [url=http://tinyurl.com/6msxag]Writing for TR[/url]
Kikaimegami
Developer

Post by Kikaimegami »

I like it, actually. It's an interesting bit of fiction and takes a twisted view on the monomyth and the Lorkhan-Akatosh business :D

Grammar Check!

Princedom of Lorkhan

Lorkhan convinced and contrived the Original Spirits to bring about the creation of the mortal plane, upsetting the status quo.

I wouldn't use "status quo" here, as it doesn't match the tone used in the rest of the piece. You should try for another wording, such as "the order of that time" or "the current state of behavior"

However, the Dragon-god of Time, Akatosh, among others felt betrayed by Lorkhan after finding out that the agreement to help him construct Nirn, the mortal plane, left Akatosh and the other participating spirits weakened.

However, the Dragon-god of Time, Akatosh, among others, felt betrayed by Lorkhan after learning the agreement to help in constructing Nirn, the mortal plane, left himself and the other participating spirits weakened.

Founding of the Order

In the dawning of the Merethic Era (ME2500) Master Lorkhan lurked in the wilderness of his mortal landscape, avoiding the aboriginal beast folk inhabitants.

In the dawning of the Merethic Era (ME2500), Master Lorkhan lurked in the wilderness of his mortal landscape, avoiding the aboriginal beast folk inhabitants.

In the middle of the Merethic Era the Aldmeri came from their doomed and now-lost continent of Old Ehlnofey and made settlements along the coasts of Tamriel.

You've started the first and second paragraphs with "In the ____ of the Merethic Era", you may try to change one of the sentances up so it doesn't sound too odd. Maybe:

Also, during this time, the Aldmeri came from their doomed and now-lost continent of Old Ehlnofey and made settlements along the coasts of Tamriel.

The Order was established to be the protector of esoteric truths, which required a highly exclusive group of individuals who could keep to the dark, the shadows, and the moonlight, not necessarily because of a strange appeal to such things, but because of an ability to use them to an advantage.

The Order was established to be the protector of esoteric truths, which required a highly exclusive group of individuals who could keep to the dark--the shadows and the moonlight--not necessarily because of a strange appeal to such things, but because of an ability to use them to an advantage.

During the time of the founding the Aldmeri’s sheer populous and far advanced technologies forced the primitive beast folk out of their occupied territories and into the jungles, marshes, mountains, and wastelands.

During the time of the founding, the Aldmeri’s sheer populous and far advanced technologies forced the primitive beast folk out of their occupied territories and into the jungles, marshes, mountains, and wastelands.

The Adamantine Tower, once the holding place of the meeting of the gods and Daedra in the Dawn Era is rediscovered and captured by the Direnni, a well respected and powerful Aldmeri clan, which puts pressure on rival clans to find wealth, fame, and glory before they become too powerful to overthrow.

The Adamantine Tower, once the holding place of the meeting of the gods and Daedra in the Dawn Era, is rediscovered and captured by the Direnni, a well respected and powerful Aldmeri clan, putting pressure on rival clans to find wealth, fame, and glory before they become too powerful to overthrow.

This promotes unwavering loyalty to most clan followers, however also promotes clans, orders, and guilds in general.

This promotes unwavering loyalty to most clan followers. However, it also promotes clans, orders, and guilds in general.

It was not much later in the ear that Crystal Tower was built on Summerset Isle and, later, White Gold Tower in Cyrodiil.

It was not much later in the year that Crystal Tower was built on Summerset Isle and, later, White Gold Tower in Cyrodiil.

Autumn of the Order

Dumac, King of the Dwemer confided in Master Lorkhan that he had reason to believe that the Heart of Lorkhan resided within the area, which Master Lorkhan did already know.

Dumac, King of the Dwemer, confided in Master Lorkhan that he had reason to believe that the Heart of Lorkhan resided within the area, which Master Lorkhan did already know.

However, he saw a use for the Dwemer’s tools (Keening, Sunder, and a Wraithguard).

However, he saw a use for the Dwemer’s tools: Keening, Sunder, and the Wraithguard.

However it was during that year that the missing sibling god of the Eight Divines arrived at the White Gold Tower in the Imperial City and transformed the dying Alessia into the first of the Cyrodiilic saints.

However, it was during that year in which the missing, sibling god of the Eight Divines arrived at the White Gold Tower in the Imperial City and transformed the dying Alessia into the first of the Cyrodiilic saints.

The book of “Trials of Alessia” states that Akatosh made a covenant with Alessia, he promises to protect the Empire of Men from the Daedric Princes of Oblivion as long as she and her descendants wear the Amulet of Kings and the magical dragonfire burn.

The book Trials of Alessia states that Akatosh made a covenant with Alessia: he promises to protect the Empire of Men from the Daedric Princes of Oblivion as long as she and her descendants wear the Amulet of Kings and the magical dragonfire burn.

Lorkhan was and is Akatosh.

Lorkhan was, and is, Akatosh.

Akatosh, and therefore Lorkhan had the power to transport a race into another plane, the plane of choice: the Higher Plane.

Akatosh, and therefore Lorkhan, have the power to transport a race into another plane, the plane of choice: the Higher Plane.

Battle of Red Mountain

Nerevar along with Dagoth Ur and a small band of Chimer successfully enter Dumac's citadel in Red Mountain.

Nerevar, along with Dagoth Ur and a small band of Chimer, successfully enter Dumac's citadel in Red Mountain.
[img]http://tes.kikaimegami.com/etc/atrios-sig.jpg[/img]
[url=http://www.kikaimegami.com/main]Home of the Machine Goddess[/url]
Xui'al
Developer Emeritus

Post by Xui'al »

I love it. Perfectly twisted; reminding of Camoran's speech. Excellent work!

(On another note, may I use this in the Lore Mod?)
'What if man is not really a scoundrel - man in general, I mean, the whole race of mankind - then all the rest is prejudice, simply artificial terrors and there are no barriers and it's all as it should be.'
Tom-Tom

Post by Tom-Tom »

Firstly, many thanks to Kikaimegami for your insightful grammar check. It is as I have said, very helpful and much appreciated. Also thanks goes out to those who see value in my piece.

As for the offer made to including this as a piece of literature in the lore mod: I would be honoured. I would also be extremely interested in given the opportunity to write some kind of quest that would incorporate rumours of this mysterious order and an investigation into it of some description. I will post some possible plotlines of quests regarding within the coming days.

Below is the revised version of the piece.

Esoteric Order of the
Aphotic Crepuscular:

A History of the Order

By Thomas Burns

Contents:

Princedom of Lorkhan
Founding of the Order
Autumn of the Order
Battle of Red Mountain

Princedom of Lorkhan

In the genesis there was the Cosmos. Aurbis gave birth to the Cosmos by the celestial power of Anu and Padomay in the beginning of the Dawn Era. When Akatosh formed, Time began, and it became easier for some spirits to realize themselves as beings with a past and a future. The strongest of the recognizable spirits crystallize: Mephala, Arkay, Y'ffre, Magnus, and Rupgta. Others remain as concepts, ideas, or emotions. One of the strongest of these, a barely formed urge that the others call Lorkhan, details a plan to create Mundus, the Mortal Plane.
Lest, Lorkhan had a brother; it was Boethiah the Prince of deceit and conspiracy, the Prince of secret plots of murder, assassination, treason, and unlawful overthrow of authority. His brother, of whom he shared power and a wealth of knowledge with, was to conspire with him. History was to repeat itself via the bloodline, as had their father Padomay introduced instability into the universe in the Beginning Place with Anu, so would Boethiah and Lorkhan would indroduce instability into the universe of Tameriel.
For it is written in the Lost Histories of the Daedra that Lorkhan is actually one of the Daedric Princes and that Tamriel is really the mortal name given to Dawn's Beauty, the Princedom of Lorkhan and therefore actually a Daedric realm of Oblivion.
Lorkhan convinced and contrived the Original Spirits to bring about the creation of the mortal plane, upsetting the current standings of behaviour. Tameriel was materilized. However, the Dragon-god of Time, Akatosh, among others, felt betrayed by Lorkhan after learning the agreement to help in constructing Nirn, the mortal plane, left himself and the other participating spirits weakened. In fact, most of the spirits ended up dying. In anger, Akatosh ripped out Lorkhan’s heart and cast it down into Nirn to form Red Moutain. Lorkhan, the enemy to the First God, whose perch from Eternity allowed the day, was condemed to exile in the mortal realms. Though his heart lingered in the firey depths of Red Moutain, he could not yet take phisical form as Prince of Tamriel. Only with the help of a Deadric Prince could he ressurect into his true power and glory the Missing God, Doom Drum of the Dwe, the Prince of Dawn’s Beauty.

Founding of the Order

In the dawning of the Merethic Era (ME2500), Master Lorkhan lurked in the wilderness of his mortal landscape, avoiding the aboriginal beast folk inhabitants. Also, during this time, the Aldmeri came from their doomed and now-lost continent of Old Ehlnofey and made settlements along the coasts of Tamriel. Later, the elves moved inland and built cities in the southwest and central of Tamriel. Master Lorkhan, lucrative and disguisable, lay in the shadows of waiting, there conceiving and executing of his plan in clandestine to establish the Esoteric Order of Aphotic Crepuscular in the city of Lainlyn in modern day Hammerfell. The Order was established to be the protector of esoteric truths, which required a highly exclusive group of individuals who could keep to the dark--the shadows and the moonlight--not necessarily because of a strange appeal to such things, but because of an ability to use them to an advantage.
During the time of the founding, the Aldmeri’s sheer populous and far advanced technologies forced the primitive beast folk out of their occupied territories and into the jungles, marshes, mountains, and wastelands.
The Adamantine Tower, once the holding place of the meeting of the gods and Daedra in the Dawn Era, is rediscovered and captured by the Direnni, a well respected and powerful Aldmeri clan, putting pressure on rival clans to find wealth, fame, and glory before they become too powerful to overthrow. This promotes unwavering loyalty to most clan followers. However, it also promotes clans, orders, and guilds in general. This helped our dearest Master Lorkhan in his recruiting of members in this time. It was not much later in the year that Crystal Tower was built on Summerset Isle and, later, White Gold Tower in Cyrodiil. These towers drew people from across the land which also served the Esoteric Order of Aphotic Crepuscular well in that it unified people to target in recruiting campaigns. Naturally esoteric in nature, the recruiting scheme generally consisted of individuals seeking out clues in order to be recognised as a possible initiate of the order.
To join the Esoteric Order of Aphotic Crepuscular, one must follow the path of the Prince. To follow the path of the Prince; one must travel first to the Adamantine Tower, which is where the trail begins. It is a long and strenuous journey that only few bear the physical and mental aptitude to achieve, however the award of joining in the ranks of the Esoteric Order of Aphotic Crepuscular is well worth its challenge.

Autumn of the Order
The Autumn of the Order occurs in the time period of the late Merethic Era to 1E668.

Dwe: the ludicrous men of the north no nothing of its true meaning, for it is not “shortâ€Â￾ that are the Dwemer, who are given misinterpreted reference to as dwarves. It is far from short that are the Dwemer, far from short that is Dwe.
As the High Elven Wizard towers were built in the northeast in modern day Morrowind, the Order gained more members as the days grew old, though it was not a time for vast expansions or recruitment schemes. In light of noticeable and quite drastic changes in the society of the day, the Order decided to cut down on numbers. Genocide occurred in secrecy at the Esoteric Order of Aphotic Crepuscular’s Headquarters on the island of Cespar of the west coasts of Hammerfell. After literally hundreds of deaths at an “urgentâ€Â￾ conference of the Esoteric Order of Aphotic Crepuscular on Cespar, the elite of the Order fled to Ald’ruhn in modern day Morrowind which hailed less than ten miles from Red Mountain, the site considered sacred, although however vary dangerous by the Order.
It was in this time of establishing new headquarters that the Order stumbled upon what would now be known as an early Dwemer Freehold colony. Dumac, King of the Dwemer, confided in Master Lorkhan that he had reason to believe that the Heart of Lorkhan resided within the area, which Master Lorkhan did already know. However, he saw a use for the Dwemer’s tools: Keening, Sunder, and the Wraithguard. After some negotiation between the leaders, a conspiracy had been contrived to structure a series of events which would lead to the battle of Red Mountain.
During the transition of the Order’s headquarters, in the 1E 266 Master Lorkhan went on an extremely secretive mission which the Order has no record of. However, it was during that year in which the missing, sibling god of the Eight Divines arrived at the White Gold Tower in the Imperial City and transformed the dying Alessia into the first of the Cyrodiilic saints. The book Trials of Alessia states that Akatosh made a covenant with Alessia: he promises to protect the Empire of Men from the Daedric Princes of Oblivion as long as she and her descendants wear the Amulet of Kings and the magical dragonfire burn. Lorkhan was, and is, Akatosh.
Akatosh, and therefore Lorkhan, have the power to transport a race into another plane, the plane of choice: the Higher Plane.

Battle of Red Mountain

As planned, the War of the First Council initiated between the Dwemer and the Chimer. While the Chimer armies and the Dwemer armies face each other in the field, Nerevar, along with Dagoth Ur and a small band of Chimer, successfully enter Dumac's citadel in Red Mountain. Inside they confront Dumac and Kagrenac. In the confusing battle, Kagrenac turns to his tools (Wraithguard, Keening and Sunder) and uses them on the Heart of Lorkhan, and, in that very moment, all Dwemer ceased to exist in the plane of Tamriel. The Dwemer go to be with Akatosh in the Higher Plane. The volcano of Red Mountain erupts for the first time in recorded history to mark the end of a long awaited departure from the mortal plane.

So does this mean I’m a TR Modder?
Should I write some more material?
Tom-Tom

Post by Tom-Tom »

I thought to myself: "Surely a conspiracy must contrive of some evidence or truth?â€Â￾; "The author must have based his conspiracy on something."

In turn, I decided that I would write a brief concept of what could in fact be a quest series of two, which take place in the land of Hammerfell. The quests tie in with the Esoteric Order of the Aphotic Crepuscular.

PLEASE NOTE: These quests create a history that has no foundation or basis on any truth. To incorporate these quests in the province of Hammerfell, namely Lainlyn, and the island of Cespar, historical truth would be added upon, however lore, to my knowledge, would not be altered, rather expanded. Though this truth is not the fictitious one suggested in "Esoteric Order of the Aphotic Crepuscular: A History of the Order", it does play with a similar suggestion of Lorkhan starting the order. It would be thought that the writer of "Esoteric Order of the Aphotic Crepuscular: A History of the Order" who based his conspiracy theory on the truth of an order with the same name and similar early history. It is however by no means accurate or backed up by any lore that I have found.

Esoteric Order of the
Aphotic Crepuscular:

Quest Concepts for
Lainlyn, Hammerfell
Regarding the Order

By Thomas Burns

Quests:
Harpies in Lainlyn
Esoteric Order of the Aphotic Crepuscular

Harpies in Lainlyn

1. The Barony of Lainlyn is a coastal province south of the Iliac Bay and is in a state of civil war. The Host of True Horn, formed by Lord Kain who is the brother of the current baron, Shrike, is trying to dethrone him.
2. Lord Kain, wanting to gain support of the people decides to try and rid of the area’s harpies. He decides to employ you to find out where the harpies are coming from, and exterminate them.
3. You are told that the harpies seem to be coming from the western border of Dragontail Mountain.
4. When you go to the area you find a Daedric cult’s camp, worshiping Prince Boethiah.
5. After some investigation, you find out that the cult has been instructed by their Daedric lord to wreak havoc upon the town of Lainlyn.
6. After further questioning you find out that the cult’s lord was betrayed by Master Lorkhan, who started an order which brought shame and evil to the town. You are told that the order was called, the Esoteric Order of the Aphotic Crepuscular.
7. You report back to Lord Kain, and he instructs you to kill the cult followers and to report back to him once more.
8. Once you return, Lord Kain tells you that order was rumoured to have started here, but its headquarters hailed from the island of Cespar. He asks you to carry out an investigation; he says that you would be given riches, fame, and glory for doing so.

Esoteric Order of the Aphotic Crepuscular

1. If you choose to accept the quest from Lord Kain, you are first instructed to travel to the island of Cespar.
2. When you arrive at the island, asking anyone there, you will be directed to speak with an old hermit who lives alone on the other side of the island.
3. When you speak with the hermit, he gives you a book, “Esoteric Order of the Aphotic Crepuscular: A History of the Orderâ€Â￾.
4. After reading the book, you are told by the hermit that he thinks that the mass burial was done in the secret headquarters of the order.
5. He tells you that there had been rumours of people travelling into a certain cave who did not ever return. It was always thought that this cave had some kind of curse.
6. When you travel to the cave you are greeted with a ghost of a member who was in the order. He tells you what really happened:
“There was an urgent conference called at the headquarters regarding a threat to the order. It was said that Master Lorkhan had been assassinated by a Daedric Cult who followed the Daedric Prince, Boethiah. When we arrived, we were greeted by none other than the Daedric Cult followers themselves. The cult murdered all of the members of the order.â€Â￾
7. When you enter the cave you see skeletons everywhere, and a single dark figure that stands in the centre of the large hall, once the refuge and headquarters of the order. The figure reveals himself as Boethiah. He is angered by your murder of his followers and seeks vengeance for their deaths.
8. You fight with Boethiah, and when he appears to die you hear a hollow, deep, and profoundly evil voice echo within the hall,
“This is not the end. You shall pay for the blood you spilt mortal.â€Â￾
9. The ghost now comes and thanks you for your bravery. He tells you that it had seemed that Master Lorkhan had ‘used’ Boethiah, in that he Boethiah helped Lorkhan conspire to create Nirn, and yet did not allow him to have any authority over it.
10. After the event you can return to Lord Kain and receive a great award of recognition, which gives you fame throughout all of Hammerfell.

Tom-Tom

Post by Tom-Tom »

This article is an attempt at scholarly view of the text "et'Ada, Eight Aedra, Eat the Dreamer".
It is entitled rightly, "Commentaries of the et'Ada, Eight Aedra, Eat the Dreamer".

Please comment on how this text, and my writing in general can be improved.
Thank you and enjoy:

Commentaries of the
et'Ada, Eight Aedra, Eat the Dreamer

“ [Transcribed from a spore-dream of an unidentified, evaporating Moth Priest that reached zero sum.] “

This document was transcribed from a spore-dream, which is a dream it which to communicate within the Ancestral Moth Priesthood with others in the Priesthood and also the Psijic Order, and the Elder Council. The Moth Priest who was the sender of the spore-dream was unidentified and had reached zero sum, which is a metaphorical and spiritual state of a life cast into Oblivion, whose soul’s sole purpose is to escape the tomb of spiritual starvation.

“ The Aedroth Aka, who goes by so many names as to perhaps already suggest what I'm about to commit to memospore, is completely insane. His mind broke when his "perch from Eternity allowed the day" and we of all the Aurbis live on through its fragments, ensnared in the temporal writings and erasures of the acausal whim that he begat by saying "I AM". In the aetheric thunder of self-applause that followed (nay, rippled until convention, that is, amnesia), is it any wonder that the Time God would hate the same-twin on the other end of the aurbrilical cord, the Space God? That any Creation would become so utterly dangerous because of that singular fear of a singular word's addition: "I AM NOT"? “

The author refers to Akatosh as, the Aedroth Aka, who goes by so many names as to perhaps already suggest what I'm about to commit to memospore, is completely insane. The writer here refers to memospore, Ducal memo-spore [Nu-Mantia Intercept], a member of the Elder Council.
His [Akatosh] mind broke when his "perch from Eternity allowed the day"; Akatosh’s insanity has been since the beginning of time, and we of all the Aurbis live on through its fragments, which are the original spirits. The transcription claims that we are ensnared in the temporal writings, Elder Scrolls and the state of being erased of the having no cause in the form of a strange fantasy that Akatosh started when he created himself and the world, "I AM". The Time God, Akatosh would, as the text suggests hate the same-twin, Lorkhan who was on the other end of the aurbrilical cord. The word aurbrilical is that based upon the word umbilical, though it plays with the celestial reference to the Aurbis (chaos, or totality). The transcription goes on to ask the question, “Could Lorkhan prove a threat to Akatosh, seeing that Akatosh created life in Tamriel? Would Lorkhan prove a fearful threat of his singular word's addition: "I AM NOT"?

“ That all the Interplay is one flea of assertion on a wolf of naught, and that every experience (that is, everything) born from that primal wail would cascade unto the echo-need of hologram, each slice the same except for scale, and all the magic that would need to spring forth just to hold it together at living, divine cross-purpose, support struts made from the need to exist (axial, along its two-headed fighting rays, each refusing their origin point, that is, Tower), terrestons versus chronocules, and in the end (an end that ever refuses to hold) it all becomes a lobotomized (for what is not lobal if not the dracochoreography made flesh?), reptilian (coiled), and massive map-god (holding a compass, holding a timepiece), drooling (the water from which we dragged ourselves out of to say, mirror-like, autochthonic, automatic, "WE ARE, TOO") on his countless knees, dementia given dimension, dimension dementia... “

In the beginning, the gods and spirits made their tower, the Adamantine Tower. And throughout the ages, eight other towers have been constructed to represent the eight divines. However, each refusing their origin point, that is, [Adamantine] Tower. The massive map-god, Akatosh, holding a compass, holding a timepiece, the elder scrolls, giving life to his countless knees, his countless dementia given dimension, dimension dementia, which are the other towers of this world.

“ [At this point all transcription becomes impossible, except by way of sheet music, an orchestration of which was attempted during the reign of [NUMINIT], who, along with everyone else in the symphony's radial madness, was vaporized by adjacentia. The requisite adachimelic holding-tendrils activated, preventing Imperial collapse. Imposthumously, the Amulet of Kings granted to the "Coccoon Council" that the spore-dream "et'Ada, Eight Aedra, Eat the Dreamer" be immediately stored in the one thousand and eight Cyrodilic weapons of rapture.] “

NUMINIT appears nowhere else in Tamrielic lore, which I find interesting. I have dwelled on the word, its letters, its vowels, and found nothing of interest. Even trying to restructure the word in a different order reveals nothing to me.
The "Coccoon Council" is no doubt the, Elder Council, however reference to it as a cocoon does spark interest as to why one would refer to it as such. Could it be a cocoon of esoteric truths? Could it be a keeper of the key to knowledge? Or is this merely reference to the cocoon of knowledge of the future, of the elder scrolls?
Possibly the most interesting, intriguing, and even terrifying line of all in this text could be that it was immediately stored in the one thousand and eight Cyrodilic weapons of rapture. Did the Dragon Break (1E1200-2208) not last one thousand and eight years? Would these years be considered Cyrodilic weapons of rapture?
To the answer of my many questions, I have come to a realization that only time will tell, for Akatosh is of course none other than the Dragon God of Time.
Noirgrim
Developer Emeritus

Post by Noirgrim »

Have you made any quests for the Oblivion engine? If so, wanna upload a sample esp file?
"Noirgrim, (who is accused of working too hard) is the worst kind of modder this project can get." -Ender
Tom-Tom

Post by Tom-Tom »

I have been working on a quest for ES4 Oblivion, and I will be sure to upload it onto this thread as soon as it is complete. =D
Tom-Tom

Post by Tom-Tom »

I have just finished a journal of a pirate captain who hails from Hammerfell. It helps give meaning to name of the Hews Bane peninsular.

---

Journal of
Captain Hews of the Stark Bane

3E34 – 21st First Seed
At first light, the elongate wait of the prognosticated glistening equinox on the twenty-first of the first seed, did I love my vessel of the seas of which I have bought with my stolen goods? For thine is the kingdom of the richest plunder, though the plunder of Dawn’s Beauty remains that higher. Today is Hogithum, the day that all the dark elven priests will summon Azura for her guidance and support. Azura’s sphere may be that of dawn and dusk, though it should be duly noted that it is the dawn of Dawn’s Beauty on this day that has made me come to realize the beauty that which is life, that which is dawn. For it is on this morning that I swear an oath of benevolence, munificence, and compassion, for all whom share my battles shall I treat in this manner? Life is good.

3E34 – 26th First Seed
The aftermath of a lengthy meeting with the malefactor bandit allies who will share in our plunder of the Taneth ransack was a tired and restless crew. It was a double portion of food and drink that lifted their spirits enough to set us a sail. I lead my men west by northwestward from the south coast of Goldmoor into the blue depths of what is the Hews Bay. I am weary of the bandits; though they are an invaluable source of information and no doubt fearless warriors, they have a power to lower the moral of my crew like a stone has to crush an ant. Nevertheless, we got what we came for, an agreement to combine our efforts in ransacking the town of Taneth; we agreed to do so in three days.

3E34 – 27th First Seed
As the men assemble on deck for the giving of orders of which will determine the rest of our days, a moment, which will determine the rest of our moments, the giving of the orders to ransack the town of Taneth. Previous attempts at the feat had such failed in misery, and as such had disheartened those few who had lived through the turmoil. The morale of what is to be on the day, I should hope, will surly not be that of today’s; I must motivate my men. We sail south to our docks on the eastern shores of the peninsular, Hews Bane.

3E34 – 28th First Seed
I call the men up onto deck once more, in their monotonous frame of mind, they drag their feet and hang their heads, and I welcome them each with the most excellent ale in the entirety of western Tamriel. My crew stumbles on comfort, for they are somnolent from their qualms. I decide to call a day of rest and recovery, for to face battle is to face death, to face evil, and as such, it takes a toll on the hearts of those who enter into it’s presence. The crew is blissfully and tranquilly enjoying their day in rest.

3E34 – 29th First Seed
The day has come. It had been in the back of my mind; I had for some time thought of changing the name of our vessel. I had never really got the chance to call it my own, for I inherited the ship in all its infamy from the former captain whilst I served as first mate. He was kind old man; nevertheless I had always questioned his decision in naming his vessel, the “Black Sharkâ€Â￾. I had never seen to it to change it, as when one inherits such infamy from a mere title as, Captain of the Black Shark, one feels confident. Though I had long felt that a change was in order. I call the men up on deck as per the schedule of events before any battle, and I announce to them, “Our vessel; her ocean’s beauty, is to have its title changed: for it is no longer the Black Shark you stand aboard this day. This day you stand aboard one that is pure and clean, one that is without curse or history, one that is yet to the excitement which is battle: for you stand aboard the White Purity!â€Â￾
And it was with that, that a standing ovation of cheering and applause filled the morning’s air, for I had given these men a fresh start, a new life, and a new foundation of which to build upon. The men were now encouraged and excited, more than ever; they had a thirst for battle, a hunger for combat.
And so, we sail into a life-changing battle of Anvil. This may be my last journal entry, for it may be into death that I march my men, or it could be to riches.

3E34 – 4th Rain’s Hand
We have won our battle and claimed our plunder! It was on this day that my crew and I share in an almost inexhaustible pile of drakes, for we have taken more than enough!
It is now that my fellow crew and me will seek a solitary and restful retirement in our dwelling of our claimed land that of which bares my name, Hews Bane! We shall live out the rest of our days in luxury and pleasure with plentiful amounts of the finest fruits, and wines. It is likely that we will bury some of our treasure that we have no use of, for we have all but too much of it! It was the day before yesterday that Taneth’s Arena had held a match of which had been betted upon in very large proportions, and as such it was merely a matter of acquiring that gold from the arena’s safe chest within the city that we had taken more than enough.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Nice journal, but there are too points I'm not too sure about: You use the present tense a lot, it is especially strange with this entry:
3E34 – 27th First Seed
As the men assemble on deck for the giving of orders of which will determine the rest of our days, a moment, which will determine the rest of our moments, the giving of the orders to ransack the town of Taneth...
I suggest that, when righting journals, you stick to past tence, as the writer is normally writing about what happened earlier that day/week, and only use the present tence where it makes sense, for example: "After the events of last night, drinking mead here by the fire in our make-shift camp is truly comforting. The wind blows strongly outside, I am afraid that the other ships have not made it, and that I shall have to try and retake this rock with only my meager crew. ~ Ulfgar Red-Tooth, written on the eve of the Nord attack on Solthsiem (sp?)"
lb003g0676
Developer

Post by lb003g0676 »

I think "the wind blows strong outside" woudl work better. The wind blows strongly doesn't work in my ears.

Sorry I was just popping in for soem unknown reason. I am surely not a regular part of the literature section, however I do feel that seems wrong.
"Only perfection is acceptable. I expect something beyond the acceptable." - Sload

"Orix bows down to £'s leet spelling skills" - Oriks
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Well, you say tamato I say tamato. :P (That phrase doesn't covert well to writing, does it? :lol:).

Anyway, this isn't my showcase, merely an example. :wink:
Macar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Macar »

Gnomey wrote:Well, you say tamato I say tamato. :P (That phrase doesn't covert well to writing, does it? :lol:)
Especialy when you spell tomato that way :)
NEW MEMBERS: I'm not with TR anymore, so please stop PMing me. Just post your sample work in the showcase.
[url=http://www.realmsofrenth.com][img]http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/3020/banner3er0.jpg[/img][/url]
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Drat, don't know what I was thinking yesterday. Then again "tamato" is one pronunciation, just the opposite of mine...
lb003g0676
Developer

Post by lb003g0676 »

Macar wrote:
Gnomey wrote:Well, you say tamato I say tamato. :P (That phrase doesn't covert well to writing, does it? :lol:)
Especialy when you spell tomato that way :)

Haha, that is one of the minority of comments on this forum that has made me laugh out loud.

and Gnomey, my point was an option, but only in the snes, eitehr you are wrong or I am.
"Only perfection is acceptable. I expect something beyond the acceptable." - Sload

"Orix bows down to £'s leet spelling skills" - Oriks
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Member Promoted for Literature

Congrats, Tom-Tom. As soon as you have posted a quest or more, and someone's looked over it and made recommendations, you will be added to the quests usergroup as well.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Congratulations, Tom! At last, I'm not the modder noob anymore :) .