Discussing Concerns

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Lonewolf

Post by Lonewolf »

It's sad that the Morrowind project is receiving less attention than before. As a result, House Dres has no unique architecture, not even a retexture of the in-game meshes. It was a disappointment for many fans, who wished to see this Great House in-game. Why create two projects if one of them is not finished yet?

BTW, good luck on your project!
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

Lonewolf wrote:It's sad that the Morrowind project is receiving less attention than before. As a result, House Dres has no unique architecture, not even a retexture of the in-game meshes. It was a disappointment for many fans, who wished to see this Great House in-game. Why create two projects if one of them is not finished yet?

Don't worry, there are still plenty of us working on Morrowind, myself included. As for the Dres, there was a [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=18686&highlight=]big discussion[/url] (can you read that?) about what to do for their architecture, though you may not have been able to see it. Don't give up hope just yet. :P
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Lonewolf wrote:It's sad that the Morrowind project is receiving less attention than before. As a result, House Dres has no unique architecture, not even a retexture of the in-game meshes. It was a disappointment for many fans, who wished to see this Great House in-game. Why create two projects if one of them is not finished yet?

Actually, the Morrowind project is receiving just as much attention as it ever was, and certainly more than the Oblivion project. The (2nd) scrapping of a unique set of architecture for House Dres was not a result of loss of attention. It was a result of us not having enough time nor the need for a Dres set. We felt that, along with Velothi looking a hell of a lot better than anything our modelers were churning out, it also flowed with lore a bit nicer to just use Velothi than some alienesque architecture set.

But Dres will still be in the game, they're just not going to have their own architecture. At least, you could say we made Velothi their architecture, that everyone else borrowed from after a while.

Why create two projects if one of them is not finished yet? I dunno, probably because the opportunity to get something done in a reasonable amount of time and release two full mods to the public in the time it took to get only a portion of another done was just too good to pass up. And it's a lot easier to mod for Oblivion than Morrowind. And the game looks cooler, and we can do more stuff, and everyone was jumping on the Oblivion bandwagon. And all that shit.

Happy? :-)
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
El Scumbago
Developer Emeritus

Post by El Scumbago »

The Morrowind department is at full strength and receives even the attention of people who don't know what TES is.

Edit: Note that more modding is done that discussed.
Last edited by El Scumbago on Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

El Scumbago wrote:With Ludovic missing, the Morrowind department is temporarily (I hope) decapitated. I'd say that this chaotic situation is natural, given the current circumstances.
*sigh*

Ludovic's not missing. the Morrowind department is not decapitated. He's not the be-all end-all of MW. There's no chaotic situation going on. If there is, it's for the OB project, not the MW project. Everything is as fine as it ever was.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
El Scumbago
Developer Emeritus

Post by El Scumbago »

Uhm, Haplo, where's that quote from? :P
angelus6
Reviewer

Post by angelus6 »

Haplo wrote:If there is, it's for the OB project, not the MW project. Everything is as fine as it ever was.
nah, OB seems fine to :) so all in all, everythings fine then
On a concrete cross you fall
Both a martyr to your cause and mine

[url=http://angelus6.110mb.com/3dMaxGallery.html][img]http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/3307/newsig01zv0.jpg[/img][/url]
Zalzidrax
Developer

Post by Zalzidrax »

We're fine, we're all fine, here, now, thank you. How are you? ;)