Can't fit everything into the map - SOLVED

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Can't fit everything into the map - SOLVED

Post by Guest »

Well, that's basically my problem. The games big world map cuts everything off east of RR. Now, I can still travel to port Telvannis but I have grown very dependent on this. Is there a fix to this? And if this has been posted a million times, I would like to say sorry. I simply couldn't find this :(
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

FPS Optimizer 2.0 fixes this, but it's somewhat buggy. The error is the fact that the map limit is hardcoded into the game, and so we can't change it or fix it in a simple mod. We do however include several in-game maps (in the form of books) to help you so that travelers are not completely lost.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Daimanta

Post by Daimanta »

Ok, thanks. I finally found the optimizer while reading a TES forum thread. It's still somewhat crappy but I can live with that. In the beginning I was convinced that port TElvannis was not on the TR Map 1. So I was very surprised to travel to it when doing a centerOnCell command to the city ;)
blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

There is another thread with the same problem.
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

That and BSAReg not working with Vista (if Morrowind is installed within Program Files) are common problems, often repeated. In neither case can we do anything on our side, except explain what cause the issue and what are the workarounds.
Adamagia

Post by Adamagia »

I took a number of notes using Abot's sextant with the intent to draw the lines, it was not really clear till I found the silt strider, now I have the three towns to work with, should be do-able.

I was thinking, Abot uses active content in his book, I have not looked into that but wondered what kind of scripting is actually possible ASCII wise, or using a magic book, that once you gain a land mark the book would say in it's landmark entry how many miles away that is and in what direction. Otherwise I thought perhaps a quest to summon a spirit guide might be fun, that could apply to every future part of Tamriel once gained. Could also be possible with lighting effects to evoke a map I suppose, but I know nothing about that, nor even opened Abot's scripts for the logic or to ask permission. Still, as it is, having a nautical chart would be fun in conjunction with the sextant, which is why I stopped by, to ink that up, and print out, I was checking for maps here when I found that thread, and to see if that was an original idea. If it does work (and I am still assuming those are absolute references and not relative ones) it could be an object
battlebrain

Post by battlebrain »

Haplo wrote:FPS Optimizer 2.0 fixes this, but it's somewhat buggy. The error is the fact that the map limit is hardcoded into the game, and so we can't change it or fix it in a simple mod. We do however include several in-game maps (in the form of books) to help you so that travelers are not completely lost.
Where are these books with the maps? I got a map book from Simeth in Ranyon-Ruhn, but there were only words in it, no pictures. Where can I get picture maps in-game? Or were there supposed to be pictures in the book I got, and due to a bug or installation mishap the pictures are missing?

On the side: the rest of the mod works great and I don't have any actual bugs or anything. BSAReg worked fine on my Vista comp. I had to put some files in by hand, because Vista had issues with my version of winrar; probably something about Administrator authority, probably. But I put the files in by hand and everything works great, and the bsareg program worked fine, too. So I don't know.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Those map books are supposed to have images, I think. Some of the files weren't in the .bsa, so in moving them manually, you may have moved them to the wrong location. Double check to make sure everything was moved properly, then check back here.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Hikatashi

Post by Hikatashi »

Is there some way to convince Bethesda to change the coding? or would that require a totally new game release?
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

no, and no.
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
Hikatashi

Post by Hikatashi »

I should have assumed that you guys already tried to ask them, my mistake.