Question

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

birdman2314

Question

Post by birdman2314 »

So is this an addon to the existing landmass? Or are you modding the original landmass??

-bird
pacificmorrowind
Developer

Post by pacificmorrowind »

Tamriel Rebuilt creates (based on Arena and TES lore) the Morrowind Mainland (for the TESIII Morrowind version), it does not modify the vvardenfell landmass. the Morrowind mainland is being done in six sections and section 1 is almost done and is available for public download (see downloads).
Pacific Morrowind
impaler

Post by impaler »

Maybe it's not a correct topic, but I got some questions, so...
1) I see the Map 4 doesn't affect Firemoth Archipelago, but it's shown on the picture. So, the plugin will be fully compatible with Map 4?
2) Can't even imagine how the world borders in ES3 will looks like. Invisible wall, empty landscapes up to horizon, big mountains with disabled levitation near 'em...?
3) I heard that Mournhold (I mean Tribunal one) still Interior. So, how the players will see this, but will be not able to get in? Kinda Ghost Fence or so?
P.S. Sorry for big pack of questions, but I really like Tamriel Rebuilt, and wanna know more 'bout it. You all did the great job, TR must be the best global-project in whole ES history, so thank you all for this wonderful project! Keep it up and good luck with developing!
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

impaler wrote:1) I see the Map 4 doesn't affect Firemoth Archipelago, but it's shown on the picture. So, the plugin will be fully compatible with Map 4?
2) Can't even imagine how the world borders in ES3 will looks like. Invisible wall, empty landscapes up to horizon, big mountains with disabled levitation near 'em...?
3) I heard that Mournhold (I mean Tribunal one) still Interior. So, how the players will see this, but will be not able to get in? Kinda Ghost Fence or so?
1. It shouldn't affect the Firemoth plugin; I'm pretty sure that TR specifically avoided that.
2. Morrowind (and Hammerfell) will probably be blocked off by natural barriers. There are already impenetrable mountains on the Western side of Morrowind, and though I'm not sure about the plan for the Southern side there is a jungle there which could be made impenetrable.
3. First of all levitation will be disabled in the nearby cells. The nearby cells will also be covered by the same invisible barriers as the inside of Mournhold. (At least that is how I understand it).

I should mention that I'm far from being a member of the core, so I might be wrong.
impaler

Post by impaler »

Thanks, Gnomey. That's what I wanted to hear. Glad to hear that Firemoth plugin will be supported, because I changed 4 NPC's from it to be more useable (scripts, dialogues) and two of them keep travelin' with me on the mainland from Map 1 :)
So, the next question. After Fallout 1-2, I like to travel in company. Will be there some volunteers/mercenaries to join the player in his/her travels for the whole gameplay time but not for one mission only?
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

In Map 1, one quest results in you being joined by a swordsman who will follow and fight for you. He's not overly developed as a character, but he's there.

I'm sure we might consider adding other 'companions' in other Maps.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
birdman2314

Post by birdman2314 »

pacificmorrowind wrote:Tamriel Rebuilt creates (based on Arena and TES lore) the Morrowind Mainland (for the TESIII Morrowind version), it does not modify the vvardenfell landmass. the Morrowind mainland is being done in six sections and section 1 is almost done and is available for public download (see downloads).
Pacific Morrowind

I am still sort of confused. You say it does not modify Vvardenfell but then you say it is "being done" in six sections?

-bird

EDIT: So after looking at some maps, I have come to the conclusion that TR adds a massive landmass around the Vvardenfall area.

Am I correct?
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

yes. This massive landmass is the portion of morrowind province not included in the original game.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
birdman2314

Post by birdman2314 »

Thrignar Fraxix wrote:yes. This massive landmass is the portion of morrowind province not included in the original game.
Seems like quite a project! Is there an approximate release date of the full landmass? Or maybe even an expected release date of the next expansion?

Thanks for everyone's help!

-bird
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Since modding is a hobby for everyone, we always have problems with setting release dates in stone, so our response is usually 'It's done when it's done.' Things are progressing well, though.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

Full landmass? No idea. "When it's done" is the official line.

Next expansion? It'll either be the landmass and inhabitants of Map 2, or the fully quested and 'final' version of Map 1. This will be (and I'm still only guessing, though conservatively) at some point before the end of 2009. But you never know. As Hap says, this is just a hobby. ;)
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
birdman2314

Post by birdman2314 »

Sounds good! Keep up the great work guys!

-bird