Map 2 Download (Kemel-Ze/Lake Boethiah)

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Haplo
Lead Developer

Map 2 Download (Kemel-Ze/Lake Boethiah)

Post by Haplo »

Map 2

Includes: Internal Beta Version - No Quests
-----------------------------------------
Data Files for Map 2
TR_Data.esm & TR_Data.bsa are required for Map 2 to run properly. They can be found on our downloads page or in the Objects of Tamriel(OoT) Browser.

Not A Release File
Newest .ESP file as of May 27th, 2009: v1.1

Download Here:
[url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/files/TR_Map2.7z]Map 2[/url]
Last edited by Haplo on Thu May 28, 2009 1:47 am, edited 5 times in total.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Morden
Developer Emeritus

Post by Morden »

Thanks Haplo.
osiris
TR Tester

Post by osiris »

Thank you very much. Will play it, looking for possible errors.
Harke the Apostle, Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:26 pm
My book sucks cause it´s a vampire.

Hemitheon, Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:51 pm
*sarcastic*
You know what's also popular? Enormous flying cities and ridable dragons. Maybe TR should invest in navigable ships and underwater cities.
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

Once I am finished with map 1 fixing round, I will probably do the same for map 2. This should be much, much faster as map 2 is in very good shape, but personally I feel border areas between detailing cells are still very visible and I would like them to flow smoothly (especially I dislike how my oak forest east of Amthuandz abruptly comes to WG forest in the north in Nomadic's claim west of Adurin-Oaka and would like to extend it little bit to the remaining corner of the valley ;). But there are some other issues as well.
THEO
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

Surely 'Kemel-Ze/Helnim'. ;)

EDIT: Ooh, and testers, remember to go to jail in Alt Bosara!
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
immortal_pigs
Developer

Post by immortal_pigs »

I forgot to put the ID filter on the Backgrounds for Alt Bosara Placeholder. So now everyone in the world's background is: BEGIN ALT BOSARA.

The same goes for anything regarding 'little advice' below the placeholder for Fort Windmoth. So a lot of NPCs will be saying: BEGIN FORT WINDMOTH for little advice.

TR_m2_S_Wi-Vistha likes to continually walk into a wall.
TR_m2_S_Thorodd_Wolfheart's name is: Thorodd_Wolfheart. [Underscore needs to go.]
Both Slaves are inside Kapit-Namisat Eggmine. [Should be Egg Mine?]

The game crashes when going to jail in Tel Mothrivra.

One of the corners of the Tel Mothrivra, Feduro Daranith Exterior floats a slight bit above the ground.

In the latest rumors for TM, instead of 'some things I dare not repeat' perhaps 'some other things I dare not repeat' would be better?

Some Topics refer to Seris Athyon providing 'Magickal Services'. Shoudln't it be 'Magical'?

Services: 'rent beds' should be 'rents beds'.

The tail of the Stationary Guar bleeds into the Cart behind it.

Inside the Tel Mothrivra Storage Tower there are two shrines to the Tribunal. The PC can still donate to them. Perhaps this is a bit strange?

Save for Guards, there are no NPCs walking about in the Tel Mothrivra Exterior.

EDIT:
The topic 'enter this tower' and the choices it offers by Tadali Tristar in the TM Monastary needs to be checked for grammar and spelling errors. One of them: 'smater' should be 'smarter'.

If you walk into the TM Monastery, open the locked door and open the door that comes after it, that door opens to the outside of the interior cell. That door should either not be there, or teleport the PC somewhere.

Where is Dralos Omothran??

The NPC Kammus inside the Upper Telvanni Southern Tower in TM has a few errors;

Dralos Omothran: '...powerful Batllemage' A period needs to be placed after Batllemage.

Imperial: succeeded 'in' should be succeeded 'at'?
He also talks about an '80-year war'. Did such a war even exist?

House Indoril: 'not helping the weak' should be 'not on helping the weak'.

EDIT 2:
TR_M2_Folsa_Daranith just beyond the Riverstrider of TM does not have any money or goods to barter with. She does have the barter option.

Hla Bulor:
Someone in particular: 'each others' should be something different.

All the shack doors are called 'ex_de_shack_door' they should be called 'door' or something like that.

One of the Boethan Mountains regions was called TR_1_Boethian Mountains. That means there probably are a few more.

EDIT 3:
Baldrahn:
The topic Ncahzdrumn contradicts itself.
There was something wrong with the latest rumors.
In one of the Greetings [there are two possible greetings] the PC is asked for help with muckfarming. This is strange.
The game crashes when going to jail in Baldrahn.

EDIT 4:
Tel Muthada:
Llevari Telsaren:
Tel Muthada: My family has worked very hard to get bring to this stage.

When people talk about Llevari Telsaren, they refer to Darconis instead of Helnim.

Aren Sinn Greeting: Why did you came to me?

The topic 'Mephalain Mountains' currently gives the response that it is held by the Indoril and that there are spiders. Both a guard in Verulas Pass and a guy in Tel Muthada said this. The filters for this topic should be checked.

EDIT 5:
Game crashes when going to jail in Verulas Pass. Most likely it will be the same for Fort Windmoth.
When going to jail in Tel Muthada or Cephorad Keep, the PC is sent to Helnim. I guess Cephorad Keep doesn't have a jail?

Everything that was part of Detailing Claim #7 still has the TR2-7 or something like that in front of it.

There are three roamers placed about 3 meters outside of Verulas Pass. They attack me and the guards won't help me.

Rolave Arendus of the Twisted Root tells me to get lost when I ask for a bed. Even with a Disposition of 100. Perhaps it's because I'm not Telvanni.

In the Twisted Root the Redguard Adraino can be bartered with. He has no goods and no gold.

The Topic 'Tel Muthada' and 'Cephorad Keep' appear in Verulas Pass. The filters for those two topics need to be checked.

There is hardly any unique dialogue in Verulas Pass, but I guess this is because of the time limit.

The background for some NPC named Uradas Vendal starts with a space.

Gilas Seras, the Guar Guy at Fort Windmoth has a few dialogue errors.
There was something wrong with his 'my trade'.
In the latest rumors he speaks in the past tense.
Services: the word 'directly' is unneeded.

The dialogue for the Fort Windmoth Captain, Arvs Rethrari needs to be reviewed.
Last edited by immortal_pigs on Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:19 pm, edited 5 times in total.
PoHa!
Developer Emeritus

Post by PoHa! »

immortal_pigs wrote: The game crashes when going to jail in Tel Mothrivra.
The Prison Marker there doesn't teleport to an interior with a "stolen_goods" chest; could be the issue.
"When you find out someone's sleeping with your wife, you want to kill the f***er"
~Prof. Gardner

"You wiki'd my girlfriend?"
~Dexter
blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

There was a 80-year old war once in MW and it's described in the 2920 series (those books mention Tel Mothrivra). Just read them!

The tower/monastery of Tel Mothrivra has some locked doors, preventing the player for reaching Dralothas Omothran (as TF asked).
There are some shrines in the interiors at TM, but I didn't change them. I didn't make the interiors of TM either, but the idea behind that was Dralothas Omothran didn't want to have those temple objects in his tower.
immortal_pigs
Developer

Post by immortal_pigs »

With 'tcl' I walked outside of the Monastery's interior. I didn't see Dralos Omothran anywhere. I understand why those shrines are in there, I thought it was a very nice touch actually. But I was still allowed to donate to them, even when placed in some Storage Room.

Oh, and something I keep forgetting; I accidentally placed a Daedric Bat at Dragonhead Point.

EDIT:
In summary, so far the game has crashed when going to jail in:
Tel Mothrivra
Alt Bosara
Verulas Pass
Baldrahn

It won't crash in Helnim.
I suspect it will also crash for Adurin-Ouaka and Fort Windmoth.
I don't know about Marog or the Telvanni Library.
There aren't any guards in Hla Bulor so whether it would crash or not is not a problem.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

This whole "CTD everywhere when you go to jail" is quite disturbing. Why does it crash?
Bloodthirsty Crustacean wrote:Surely 'Kemel-Ze/Helnim'. ;)
I try to get stuff that encompasses the whole map. I was going to use Helnim originally, but Helnim, Kemel-Ze, and Marog are all right next to each other. Since Lake Boethiah is really freakin huge and has settlements all around it, and it's on the other side of the map, I chose it to balance out.

EDIT - Just so you know, if you have a Map 2 claim in progress, KEEP WORKING ON IT! This thread/merge doesn't mean you're finished!

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Re: Jail Crashing
PoHa! wrote:
immortal_pigs wrote: The game crashes when going to jail in Tel Mothrivra.
The Prison Marker there doesn't teleport to an interior with a "stolen_goods" chest; could be the issue.
I'd bet this is it. Check all TR jails (apart from Helnim)
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Morden
Developer Emeritus

Post by Morden »

Here's a link on how to format your error reports and use beta comments in the Morrowind Console:

http://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=17916
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

And also, this thread isn't really intended for error reports; once I make a thread for map 2 error reports I'll be moving all the errors here to there.

theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Pleas make one thread for the map2 error reporting. It offers a much better overview of the errors. (It also prevents a map2 error list, the map1 one is very demanding to keep updating. Just ask to add NPC's and quests to the error reports if they are necessary.
Interiors: 25
Reviews: more then 250!
Quest Reviews: 3
NPC claims: 2

Currently looking for quest designers.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Anyone who wants to play-test Map 2, go play-test Ludovic's quest in Claimed first. It's q1-56 in case you don't know.

osiris
TR Tester

Post by osiris »

The following cells needs to be slightly detailed and fixed:

TR_1_Boethian Mountains Region (30, 7)
TR_1_Boethian Mountains Region (31, 7)
TR_1_Boethian Mountains Region (32, 7)
TR_1_Boethian Mountains Region (33, 5)
TR_1_Boethian Mountains Region (33, 6)
Baldrahn (33, 7)
TR_1_Boethian Mountains Region (34, 7)
TR_1_Boethian Mountains Region (35, 7)
TR_1_Boethian Mountains Region (36, 7)

Basically these are the begin of Map 2, the village of Baldrahn and its surroundings, the area around the Dwemer ruin near Baldrahn and the other cells immediately around.

Problems:
The whole landscape in Baldrahn (33, 7) and the other cells around looks strange and undetailed: no roads, just strange hills with some rocks on them, minor flora and trees, weird terrain shape;
The ground textures doesn't match with the ground textures of the borders of Map 1;
ex_cave_entrance_gl_01 in cell (34,7) is placed bad and doesn't blend with the terrain (there should be other two cave entrances in some of the cells I listed, they have the same ahestetic problem).
Last edited by osiris on Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

*sarcastic*
You know what's also popular? Enormous flying cities and ridable dragons. Maybe TR should invest in navigable ships and underwater cities.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

New Map 2 file uploaded. It's ready for internal testing. Please report all errors/things that need doing here:

http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=20873

osiris
TR Tester

Post by osiris »

Downloaded, thanks for the update.
See you in the error reporting thread. ;)

*sarcastic*
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

Shouldn't the detailing claims been merged, the borders smoothed and detailed first? I mean what sense makes it to ask people to report floaters and bleeders if there are still areas like this?
[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/WLKOUSZ/m2000.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/WLKOUSZ/m2001.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/WLKOUSZ/m2002.jpg[/img]
THEO
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

I didn't have time to do that. I was going to hope someone else would volunteer to take over map 2 error fixing while I go through the mountain of map 1 error reports, but if that's really a pressing issue I could do that tonight and upload a new file with smoothed borders.

However, border mis-matching only affects... borders. You can still report floaters, bleeders, dialogue errors, NPC errors, logic inconsistencies for the entire cells and maps without smoothed borders.

Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

I do volunteer to do the border matching. But it may take some time as I am quite busy right now (shouldn't take more then week though). So I guess other people can report the errors meanwhile.
THEO
osiris
TR Tester

Post by osiris »

Just asking, who volunteer to apply an overhaul to Baldrahn? As you can see in BC's second post [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=20873]here[/url], the whole area looks quite terrible. Just load Baldrahn in CS and you'll see what I mean.

*sarcastic*
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

I will do that as well.
THEO
osiris
TR Tester

Post by osiris »

Thanks! I'm sure that you'll do a good job. I couldn't do that even if I would be a TR modder, I'm absolutely not good at landscaping.

*sarcastic*
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Eh, Baldrahn's not that bad. It actually looks pretty decent. Problem is, it clashes horribly with the Map 1 side of things. So yeah, it'll need a lot of work - more than anywhere else.

Theo, if you're definitely gonna do this, be sure to make it a priority (23rd Sept is generally accepted 'latest recommended release date', sooner if poss). We don't wanna get bottlenecked - if it'll be a while til you get on to it, I'm sure we can find someone else. :)
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

osiris
TR Tester

Post by osiris »

Bloodthirsty Crustacean wrote:Problem is, it clashes horribly with the Map 1 side of things. So yeah, it'll need a lot of work - more than anywhere else.
That's basically what I said. Clashing horribly with the borders of Map 1 (mismatching textures and mismatching shape), and being made with just some strange dunes covered with some rocks, no roads and trees, caves entrances/dwemer statics placed bad, it just looks not up to TR quality to me.

But seeing what Theo did with Map 1, I'm sure that he will do a great job here as well. :)

*sarcastic*
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

OK. I will post the final file on 15th. I will not do anything with Bald Rahn then and possibly leave map matching to somebody else as my CS is unable to load to map files at once without crashing or being horribly slow.
THEO
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

15th would be good.

And if it'd mean you could do Baldrahn/Map 1 borders, then you could easily add another five days or so to that time. :)

We might want to work out a schedule for who's fixing what, when, though, otherwise fixes will be overwritten etc.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

I volunteer to fix physical errors and typos if ever you'll need me to.
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Fifteenth?! Let's just do Bald Rahn after we fix some stuff. I'm busy at the moment, but I should have some time to do tons of bug fixes later tonight and can upload a new version in a matter of seconds once I've fixed them.

Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

OK. I am able to do the border fixing in one or two days, but not before 13th. So possibly do fixes first (including Bald Rahn and map 1) matching and once they are finished I will do my part smoothing map 2 claim borders very quickly.
THEO
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Well, floater/dialogue fixes can be done very quickly. Next slowest is inter-Map borders, and the biggest job is Map 1 border fixing.

Should we get the big job done first, so that other stuff can be done on a more regular basis, or should we leave it til last to allow more work sooner?
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

I am not the one to do this strategic management decisions. I just volunteer to do inter-map border matching quickly and effectively, whenever you ask me after 13th.
THEO
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

I was more asking Hap, really. But it's good that you'll be able to get it done so soon. :)
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

I'll volunteer as well, exterior reviewing is basically why I'm here.

I can split the exterior work with you if you want Theo.
"Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names."

"How dare you question the colonnade!" - one of the Glorious Leaders

"Nemon + IKEA = creationism" - some guy

"The layout is awesome, the scale is awesome, the whole city is just awesome!" - Tyrion on Blacklight, circa 2007
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

So how close to completion is the fixing round?
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

[url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=21002]This close.[/url]
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Done.
Test thoroughly on a clean install please:
[url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/files/TR_Map2_AntediluvianSecrets.7z]Release File[/url]

READ THIS BEFORE YOU DOWNLOAD
Please don't download this a lot. It's 62MB and I don't want to tax Garfield's server too much. So if you download it post saying you're going to download it, and then edit your post once you've tested it to include the test results. I don't want any more than five people to test any single file, so if you see five people who say they're going to test it, don't download it. Or download TR_Map2v.95 up at the top and rename it TR_Map2 and convert it to an .esm file if you want, that will essentially give you almost the exact same file. Also, don't report world errors like floaters or bleeders. If you do I will ban you. I'm not kidding, either.

Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

I'm downloading.

In the version before this one there was a dialogue filter issue with someone in Dagon Fel saying life in the Boethian Mountains is hard, when asked about the local area.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Downloading.

I love you, Hap.

EDIT:

One very big error - the script "TR_m2_Pub_Mothrivra_Goblet1" was unbelievably left with a massive error by me, I don't quite understand how it slipped through - it causes the game to freeze on loading, so you'd have thought I'd've noticed it.

Anyway, change all the "TR_Rent_Glass_Goblet" references in the script to "TR_m2_Rent_Mothrivra_Goblet"

Don't ask how I stumbled upon this one, but in Map 1, Rangirth Ancestral Tomb no longer has DoorMarkers between its exterior and interior. It's the tomb in cell (26, 8 ). I don't know how many other ints could have been affected like this. EDIT: Actually, I do. It's all the ints in the strip of Map 1 that touches Map 2. For instance, Cirtiritashpi keeps its DoorMarker to the exterior, for example, but loses its DoorMarker from the exterior. (So you can leave, but not enter) Run along the Map border, and check all the dungeons there.

Hilarious misspelling on unfiltered topic 'encounters'. In addition to fixing that, add a filter to the 'Cell' box for 'Molagreahd Region'.

I also have two 'semi-floater/bleeder-type issues'. Please don't ban me!

In the north-west of Baldrahn's cell, there's a landscape seam between Map 1 and 2 (visible from Map 1 side)

In cell (28, 7) the water is all weird, with bits of it in squares and stuff.

These two are only aesthetic, so not vital.
Last edited by Bloodthirsty Crustacean on Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals