I'd be interested in joining.

In order to implement content in-game, you must be a Developer. This is the place for you to introduce yourself, and apply to become a TR Developer.

Moderator: Lead Developers

therealneraverine

I'd be interested in joining.

Post by therealneraverine »

I would like to become a member of the Tamriel Rebuilt team. I am attaching one of my mods as a CV. Its still in progress but it gives an idea of my level of CS skill (which sadly isn't as good as I would like).
Attachments
TR, Tomb of the Unknown Knight.rar
Here is the RAR file
(1015.68 KiB) Downloaded 168 times
Herennius Volsinius
Developer

Post by Herennius Volsinius »

Hello again! I'm not a reviewer but I did take a look anyway. There are some pretty complex things in there. You definitely have enough objects in your interior cells but I would think that your biggest concern is with floaters. Fixing a couple of cells to rid them of floaters should be good enough to get you promoted for interiors. I'm not an exterior modder myself, so you'll need someone else to take a look at the outside.

In any case, wait for an admin or reviewer to come by to get a more specific analysis.
therealneraverine

Did you see you name in the credits. :) Floaters are objects that aren't touching the ground or surface under them? I'll go over it again. Thank you.
blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

The CS gives some exterior cell errors.
At ArmourCashe, almost every gem is floating.
TKBDockbasemainTunnel has too many lights. I see a an unconnected piece there.
Empire bane's: captain guard: some floating objects, books which aren't near each other.
I don't think that the worldspace TKBanditWorld is practical. The cave parts are 10 as high as normal. This could lead to deformed textures. And why are there collision boxes on some roofs?
I have seen that you probably know how to use gridsnap.

I didn't look at all cells. However, if you really want to join TR, one cell and no extra objects are good enough.
therealneraverine

And why are there collision boxes on some roofs?
Otherwise you cannot walk across the rooves, collision in the is messed up, so I was using boxes to help the player traverse them.
I have seen that you probably know how to use gridsnap
Sorry to say I don't.
However, if you really want to join TR, one cell and no extra objects are good enough.
So what exactly do I have to do?
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

im not 100% sure what blackbird meant, but i think he meant that you only need one cell to get promoted. you should fix the errors he listed for one (or all) of the cells. i'll take a look after that and promote you if i find no further errors :)
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

I meant that you only need to do one cell, if you want to be promoted.
BTW; I didn't know the collision of the roofs was bad.