Landmass issues - SOLVED

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

michaleson
Developer

Landmass issues - SOLVED

Post by michaleson »

I have downloaded map 1 and found that some of the area is cut off by the map. Is there a way to solve this?
bnelo12

Post by bnelo12 »

You have to download the fps optimizer for morrowind 2.0. Then click on advanced anjd go to something like gameplay and check the box that says fix map. One error that it causes is that all the areas you've explored turn grey. For mare errors go to the topic called the woes of fps optimizer.
fanfas
Developer

Post by fanfas »

There's now another way, a exe patch that makes all the map visible without problems, you can look for it on the official elder scrolls forum. I haven't tried it yet but if fixes a lot of stuff and the map is one of them, at least i think i read that at least the area ocupied by all TR landmass will be visible, anyway someone will explain it better to you.

Here i found it for you:[url]http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=894276[/url]

Again like i said i haven't tried it but reading the threads you'll see that it's working.
MAP 3 -> Interiors
Map 3 -> Interior Fixing
Chin Music
Developer

Post by Chin Music »

Wow that patch sounds pretty impressive.

Only item I don't agree with is fiddling with the Spellmaking limits. They changed the max magnitude from 100 to 1000, and reduced the max duration from 1440 to 300.

Not that anyone could ever afford a 1440 duration spell. The intention was to give increased magnitude for the spells that needed it like Feather. I suppose its worth it for all the other things it fixes, I don't do much spellmaking anyway. Hope it doesn't conflict with stuff.

Luckily, each aspect of the patch is customisable so you can choose which ones you do and don't want. The visible area added by the map is also intended to be enough to cover ALL of Tamriel Rebuilt. The size of the world map is scaled down quite a bit to compensate.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

Yeah, due to that customisability, you can actually choose to have either or both of the two spellmaking tweaks (magnitude and duration), so there shouldn't be a problem. (And for anyone else who's interested, you can also choose to just have the map fix, and not to worry about the various other fixes, though of course they are recommended)

But you've probably already worked that out.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
michaleson
Developer

Post by michaleson »

Ok thank you for the help. I will try that later.
drfroth

Post by drfroth »

I downloaded the patch to fix the map issue and it does work great.

However, I may have found a bug...not sure.

To the extreme west of Hla Oad is a large island (bigger than Solstheim). I went to check it out thinking it might have been some prelim work for map 5 or something. Even though the world map shows land there is none when you get to the spot. The world map shows that you are standing on land but instead you are just ontop of empty ocean...was it there before but erased?

What is there, at least in the southeast corner, is six Dreugh forming a circle and facing outward and a couple of slaughterfish. I let my waterwalk spell wear off and killed them...nothing out of the ordinary. (I do not recall any seeing any life en route)

I'm sure plenty of people have already brought this to your attention but hey...whats one more...
Just when you think it's all ducks and checkers, the salamander begins to frolic in the eggnogg.
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

drfroth wrote:However, I may have found a bug...not sure.
Definitely not something from map1. :P Must be a relic from a mod you installed and later removed. You can use Wrye Mash to repair your map.
drfroth

Post by drfroth »

Hmmm...I tried using that Wizards Isle thing once and removed it because I did not think the quality was very good....maybe it is from that.

Where do I get Wrye Mash?

BC Edit - just clearing things up for you. Hope you don't mind.
Just when you think it's all ducks and checkers, the salamander begins to frolic in the eggnogg.
Nanu
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nanu »

Hmmm...I tried using that Wizards Isle thing once and removed it because I did not think the quality was very good....maybe it is from that.
Might have been one of the largest offenses against the English language ever written by humankind. The story was terrible, the interiors were dull and lifeless, music played at random intervals, and the exteriors all used the same texture repeated with cloned copies of tree groupings.

The island was to the north of Dagon Fel, though. :)
"You can remove spells from your list in Morrowind. I think it was shift-click, don't quote me on that though." - Cathartis
|[url=http://tinyurl.com/mnbsqv]Forum Rules[/url]
|[url=http://tinyurl.com/mj594z]Moratorium[/url]
| [url=http://tinyurl.com/6msxag]Writing for TR[/url]
drfroth

Post by drfroth »

Considering that this is a clean and fresh re-install of Morrowind...if it did not come from Wizards Isle than it must have come from Map 1. They are the only mods I have installed.

I'll put morrowind on my laptop tomorrow...I have never installed it there before and see if I can recreate the weirdness.