congrats & scripting offer

In order to implement content in-game, you must be a Developer. This is the place for you to introduce yourself, and apply to become a TR Developer.

Moderator: Lead Developers

abot1

congrats & scripting offer

Post by abot1 »

I have just downloaded Antediluvian Secrets.
If you need some scripting, just ask, I [url=http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=User.EntriesListing&id=7636]may be able[/url] to help.
Anyway, congrats for the release!

[edit]
TR_Data.esm, script TR_LoopScript

line
set timer to 0

should be commented, or float timer declared
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

I can heartily recommend abot1. He made the wonderful on-the-fly birds mod :)
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Re: congrats & scripting offer

Post by Gez »

There's no question about abot's skills. :)

However,
abot1 wrote:If you need some scripting, just ask, I [url=http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=User.EntriesListing&id=7636]may be able[/url] to help.
Thanks for the offer, but we're unlikely to take it because we don't usually ask specific persons for help. :) Instead, we have claims open to any TR modder who wants them, and public beta testing.
abot1

Post by abot1 »

I see, I will keep an eye on script/fixing claims
Would script syntax fixing be of use in beta testing?
Worsas
Developer

Post by Worsas »

I had a while back an idea about siltstrider-riding which is described in the following thread:
http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=19636&highlight=

Would you mind having a look at it? It hasn't to do with Tamriel-Rebuilt itself so I won't complain if you are not interested.

I believe skripting is mostly needed in our questmaking-section.

But if you encounter an error in one the betamaps find the solution and post it here that wouldn't be a disservice I think.
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

abot1 wrote:Would script syntax fixing be of use in beta testing?
Of course! :)
abot1

Map 1 script fixes

Post by abot1 »

OK, I have [url=http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=d0d924ad420d4fc58a41aa3982f6d55a17a743781342a566]something[/url] done. As I can't find a scripting dedicated thread, I'll post here

TR_Map1fixes.esp is my scripting-fixed version of TR_Map1.esm (Antediluvian Secrets edition), which I will probably use for my personal game and, if you like, my contribute to this wonderful mod.

File TR_Map1_Scripts.mws is the output of Wrye's Mash Export\Scripts applied to original TR_Map1.esm.
File TR_Map1fixes_Scripts.mws id the output of Wrye's Mash Export\Scripts applied to my TR_Map1fixes.esp.

Whenever possible, I tried to clean as much as I could so to obtain a clean compilation under MWEdit strong warning level.

Some things changed were definitely errors (I.E. extra endifs, <> operator instead of != ...),
others are suggested rules (MWEdit strict control of proper spacing/brackets, standard code indentation...),
others are suggested optimizations of mine (moving slower instructions inside of nested ifs, delays, avoiding unnecessary circular references between scripts [I.E. Firewatch doors/bars], code... )

I really suggest TR scripters compare TR_Map1fixes_Scripts.mws with the original TR_Map1_Scripts.mws using [url=http://winmerge.org/]http://winmerge.org/[/url], so you can decide if/what changes to adopt/discard (I may have introduced errors/misunderstandings as well)

Cheers!
-abot
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

Thank you for your work. :)
abot1

update: TR_Data, TR_Map1, TR_Map2 script fixes

Post by abot1 »

Note about TR_Map1fixes
updates:

2008-07-12
- TR_Map1fixes: removed ifs splitting from TR_m1_TestMoveScript, it was breaking the script for some reason

2008-06-12
- added safety check to Firewatch door bars so to disable bar on the wall if it is initially visible same time as bar on the door (typically on first access to the cell).
Scripts changed: TR_m1_FW_gateI1_bar_down, TR_m1_FW_gateI2_bar_down, TR_m1_FW_gateN_bar_down, TR_m1_FW_gateS_bar_down)
- changed name to script attached to NPC TR_m1_Silniel from TR_m1_Silniel to TR_m1_SilnielScript to avoid ambiguity when referencing to TR_m1_Silniel.variable from other scripts
- other minor changes

TR_Map1fixes.esp is my scripting-fixed version of TR_Map1.esm (Antediluvian Secrets edition), which I will probably use for my personal game and, if you like, my contribute to this wonderful mod.

File TR_Map1_Scripts.mws is the output of Wrye's Mash Export\Scripts applied to original TR_Map1.esm.
File TR_Map1fixes_Scripts.mws id the output of Wrye's Mash Export\Scripts applied to my TR_Map1fixes.esp.

Whenever possible, I tried to clean as much as I could so to obtain a clean compilation under MWEdit strong warning level.

Some things changed were definitely errors (I.E. extra endifs, <> operator instead of != ...),
others are suggested rules (MWEdit strict control of proper spacing/brackets),
others are suggested optimizations of mine (moving slower instructions inside of nested ifs, delays, avoiding unnecessary circular references between scripts,
code... )

You should compare TR_Map1fixes_Scripts.mws with the original TR_Map1_Scripts.mws using
http://winmerge.org/, so you can decide if/what changes to adopt/discard (I may have introduced errors/misunderstandings as well)

Note about TR_Datafixes

TR_Datafixes.esp is my scripting-fixed version of TR_Data.esm (Antediluvian Secrets edition), which I will probably use for my personal game and, if you like, my contribute to this wonderful mod.

File TR_Data_Scripts.mws is the output of Wrye's Mash Export\Scripts applied to original TR_Data.esm.
File TR_Datafixes_Scripts.mws id the output of Wrye's Mash Export\Scripts applied to my TR_Datafixes.esp.

I'm glad to say I found nearly nothing to improve, only real glitch was a undeclared/unused timer variable in TR_LoopScript!

you should compare TR_Datafixes_Scripts.mws with the original TR_Data_Scripts.mws using http://winmerge.org/, so you can decide if/what changes to adopt/discard (I may have introduced errors/misunderstandings as well)

Note about TR_Map2fixes

TR_Map2fixes.esp is my scripting-fixed version of TR_Map2.esm (Antediluvian Secrets edition), which I will probably use for my personal game and, if you like, my contribute to this wonderful mod.

File TR_Map2_Scripts.mws is the output of Wrye's Mash Export\Scripts applied to original TR_Map2.esm.
File TR_Map2fixes_Scripts.mws id the output of Wrye's Mash Export\Scripts applied to my TR_Map2fixes.esp.

you should compare TR_Map2fixes_Scripts.mws with the original TR_Map2_Scripts.mws using
http://winmerge.org/, so you can decide if/what changes to adopt/discard (I may have introduced errors/misunderstandings as well)

download folder link is [url=http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=d0d924ad420d4fc58a41aa3982f6d55a17a743781342a566]still the same[/url]

ciao!
-abot

[EDIT] 2008-07-12 TR_Map1fixes updated
[EDIT2] 2008-13-12
I just noticed something: when copying back TR_Map2fixes.esp to TR_Map2.esm, I had wrongly set TR_Map2.esm timestamp some seconds before TR_Data1.esm.
Due to TR_Data1.esm being declared as master for TR_Data2.esm, my CS was showing everything in right order (TR_Data1.esm loaded before TR_Data2.esm), but could crash. Setting TR_Data2.esm timestamp after TR_Data1.esm timestamp solved the issue.
[EDIT3] 2008-20-12 TR_Map1fixes.zip,TR_Map2fixes.zip updated

NOTE: I discovered current version of Mash has a bug when reimporting back scripts (it nukes local variables used as filter in dialog), so please use copy/paste instead until next Mash release which is on Wrye's agenda already

cheers , merry Xmas & happy new year!
Last edited by abot1 on Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
MMMowSkwoz
Developer

Post by MMMowSkwoz »

Thanks for that Abot, :) I'll have a look over those changes when I've got a bit of free time (probably Monday or Tuesday).
MaMeeshkaMowSkwoz - choose your syllables
MMMowSkwoz
Developer

Post by MMMowSkwoz »

Hey abot1,

Don't worry about double posting if you've got useful information to update; I only just saw your note on the Mash bug.

I've been through all your map 1 and TR_Data fixes and made .esp files containing just the modified scripts. I've recommmended they be merged with our master files. I'm pretty sure this should bypass your Mash bug (because my .esp files do not modify any dialogue and thus should not affect the local variable conditions). The only danger is when the two scripts you renamed ("TR_m1_NPC_Shavra_Gra-vatok" and "TR_m1_Silniel") must be changed to your new versions on their respective NPCs. I tested this however, and I'm pretty sure no local variable conditions were affected. However, if you know of any problems that may arise from this, please could you tell me asap.

I just had a look at your map2 version, but it only contains the TR_Map2fixes_Scripts.mws file. My Python istallation is being difficult at the moment, so could you upload the .mws of the original please? The .esp would also be super useful.

Thanks again for this - it's really useful.

- Meeshka
MaMeeshkaMowSkwoz - choose your syllables
abot1

Post by abot1 »

TR_m1_NPC_Shavra_Gra-vatok" and "TR_m1_Silniel") must be changed to your new versions on their respective NPCs. I tested this however, and I'm pretty sure no local variable conditions were affected. However, if you know of any problems that may arise from this, please could you tell me asap
There should be no real problem in game, there are some minor problems on editing/debugging: script names are truncated by the engine at the "-" I.E. a script called TR_m1_NPC_Shavra_Gra-vatok is really seen as TR_m1_NPC_Shavra_Gra, if you try attaching the script as local script you can see the truncated script name in the lookup window. Not a real problem with TESCS, but MWEdit considers it an invalid name, and as my goal is usually MWEdit strict syntax compatibility, I prefer to rename if possible and if it does not create other incompatibilities.
Usually following standard programming practice of naming any script/object identifier using only letters, numbers and underscore is the best way to avoid problems.
I only just saw your note on the Mash bug.
I'm glad to say Wrye has [url=http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.php?s=&showtopic=866461&view=findpost&p=13490725]updated[/url] Mash already :D, it works as intended now and it is really useful, it makes scripts spacing fixing really easier because you can edit using your preferred text editor with regular expression search and then reimport fixed scripts/recompile all

[url=http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=d0d924ad420d4fc58a41aa3982f6d55a17a743781342a566]uploaded updates:[/url]
TR_Map1original_Scripts.zip
TR_Map1fixed_Scripts.zip

TR_Map2original_Scripts.zip
TR_Map2fixed_Scripts.zip

and the fixed .esp (TR_Map2fixed.7z, TR_Map1fixed.7z) which include also the dialog fixes detailed in the other threads, which I quote below
Morrowind] Map2 Beta 1.0 NPC/Dialogue Error reporting,abot1 wrote:Dialog topic: my trade
filtered for: TR_M2_Naleth_LLarni
info: Here you go...
result window script: moddisposition +5
suggested fix: moddisposition 5

Dialog topic: Dagoth Ur
filtered for: TR_M2_Kammus Uvayn
info: Here you go...
result window script: moddispostion -10
suggested fix: moddisposition -10

Dialog topic: Temple's doctrine
filtered for: TR_M2_DralothasOmothran
info: Their doctrine is based on the lies of the Tribunal...
result window script: ModDisposition +10
suggested fix: ModDisposition 10
[Morrowind] Map1 Beta 2.0 NPC/Dialogue Error reporting,abot1 wrote: Dialog topic: muscle Green-Eyes
filtered for: TR_M1_Silniel
info: %PCName, you're late. Anyway, I think you'll find that this fits the bill. Thank you, and come again!
result window script: TR_m1_sc_GreenEyesPoisonBook->disable
suggested fix: Object TR_m1_sc_GreenEyesPoisonBook should be flagged a persistent.

Dialog topic: animal products
info: Animal products of commercial value in Morrowind include the following: alit meat and hide, beetle shells, cephalopod shell, crab meat, dreugh wax, durzog meat, fish scales, guar meat and hide, hound meat, kagouti meat and hide, kwama cuttle and egg, molecrab shell and egg, netch leather, ornada meat and egg, parastylus meat and shell, racer meat and plume, rat meat, scrib jelly, scrib jerky, scuttle, shalk resin, skyrender venom, sload soap, star's eye, and troll fat.
result window command: addtopic "cliffracer meat"
suggested fix: remove addtopictopic "cliffracer meat" line

Dialog topic: little problem
filtered for: TR_M1_Asint
info: Well the letter you have seems to be in order. I'll take that for our records and give you the shipment now. Be careful, as it is quite heavy.
result window script:
TR_m1_Q50_GO2_Chest->removeitem "TR_m1_Q50_Cloth_2" 3
TR_m1_Q50_GO2_Chest->removeitem "TR_m1_Q50_Cloth_1" 2
suggested fix: Object TR_m1_Q50_GO2_Chest should be flagged a persistent.

Dialog topic: Advancement
info: Hmm... It seems your advancement on Vvardenfell entitles you to a higher position here on the mainland. I do hope they reciprocate these advances on that backward, desolate island. But no matter, let us see where you stand now.
result window script:
while ( cycle > 0 )
PCRaiseRank "TR_Telvanni"
set cycle to ( cycle - 1 )
endwhile
suggested fix: it seems this dialog line is to scrap entirely (mispelled cycle variable is not even defined in the NPC script)

Dialog topic: make amends
info: The Temple welcomes everyone into its fellowship, but not all are able to complete their journey. You broke our rules, but you have great potential, and I will forgive you this one offense. But nothing like this must ever occur again. If it does, the Temple will have no use for your potential.
result window script:
Set TR_TTKick to 1
suggested fix: Set TR_TT_Kick to 1

Dialog topic: Greeting1
filtered for: TR_M1_Trivra_Andoril
info: The Temple welcomes everyone into its fellowship, but not all are able to complete their journey. You broke our rules, but you have great potential, and I will forgive you this one offense. But nothing like this must ever occur again. If it does, the Temple will have no use for your potential.
result window script:
set TR_m1_Q50_GO5_TrHusband.state to 5
suggested fix: place TR_m1_Q50_GO5_TrHusband in game or remove the line
Some are probably just nitpicking, some are real bugs/typos, as always feel free to keep/discard proposed changes as you see fit

cheers!