How's Map 1 doing

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Yeti
Lead Developer

How's Map 1 doing

Post by Yeti »

First off I just want to say hi to everyone and to say that I'm extreamly impressed with all TR has done. You guys are doing amazing work!

Anyway now that that's out of the way I just want to ask how Map 1 is doing. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it on its Final version. Does this mean it will be completely done with the next release or will there be further patches and changes in the future.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

The next release of Map 1 - Telvannis will be dubbed "Final" but will not be the last; we will most likely release .x versions that fix errors or bugs that we missed, if any.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Will these just be installed on top of the original download?
Kovacius

Post by Kovacius »

"Final" would obviously depend on whether or not there are bugs in the still-unreleased main quest. The current beta being distributed with Map 2 doesn't fix a lot of the previously found minor bugs, so we won't know if they patched them all until we see the next release. At this point, for the bug-hunters, it's getting increasingly hard to tell whether it's a new undocumented bug that you're seeing or one of the known ones. At this point, though, I'm pretty sure that the next Map 1 release will have far less bugs than the original game.
MMMowSkwoz
Developer

Post by MMMowSkwoz »

Kovacius wrote:At this point, though, I'm pretty sure that the next Map 1 release will have far less bugs than the original game.
I think all reported world (interior and exterior) errors have now been fixed. It's just me being slow finishing off the dialog and quest fixes..

@Yeti: I suspect an updated file will be released for later bugfixes, rather than .esp add-on files, if that's what you meant.
MaMeeshkaMowSkwoz - choose your syllables
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

@Yeti: I suspect an updated file will be released for later bugfixes, rather than .esp add-on files, if that's what you meant.
Yeah that's what I meant, thanks.
Zimnel

Post by Zimnel »

I have an issue with a mages guild quest in Firewatch. When I get the ineptitude ring and then go to Banviris, he say to me "You have the Ring, Zimnel. Take good care of it". But the quest does not seem finalized in my diary.
Is this a bug?

Related with mages guild, when I end Gindaman quests, he doesn't advance me to warlock. If I have to look for another guild heads, where are they? Bal Oyra has only Hessei-Lig travel room and the student quest.
MMMowSkwoz
Developer

Post by MMMowSkwoz »

Zimnel wrote:I have an issue with a mages guild quest in Firewatch. When I get the ineptitude ring and then go to Banviris, he say to me "You have the Ring, Zimnel. Take good care of it". But the quest does not seem finalized in my diary.
Is this a bug?

Related with mages guild, when I end Gindaman quests, he doesn't advance me to warlock. If I have to look for another guild heads, where are they? Bal Oyra has only Hessei-Lig travel room and the student quest.
I'll add these to the lists to be fixed. However, I suspect the 2nd problem is not a bug - there will be many mages guild quests across all six maps, so you will only advance so far through doing the map 1 line.

In future, could you post errors in the [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewforum.php?f=205]error reporting threads[/url]? It just makes it easier for us to track them. Thanks :)
MaMeeshkaMowSkwoz - choose your syllables
Zimnel

Post by Zimnel »

I will report future errors/bugs in that thread, sorry...