View distance

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

mrgodBG

View distance

Post by mrgodBG »

Hello to you all,

Since this is my first post on this board first I want to tell something to team who created this incredible mod.

O... M... (auto censure)... G...

This is incredible! I have no words witch can describe my thrill when I discovered this mod. You see, Morrowind is food for my soul. After all this years of playing Gothic series, Oblivion, Fallout etc I realized that only one game haves place in my heart - Morrowind. I started playing MW couple months ago, slowly and carefully started to add mods and then I found this treasure. After reading bunch of pages on this site my first thought was "Finally I have something to play for next 1-2 years"...

In short, I bow to all of you who created this mod.

Now, two questions

First, I have installed MGE before adding this mod and it works flawlessly (talking about infinite view distance). When I arrived on mainland I found that MGE infinite view distance does not work, I can only "see" like 20m ahead? Is there solution to fix this "problem" or it is just some kind of limitation in mod?

Two, is there ANY chance that after finishing this whole project TR team will do the same thing for other provinces?

Sorry for any grammar errors, eng is not my native language

Regards to you all
Evil Eye
Developer

Re: View distance

Post by Evil Eye »

:D
mrgodBG wrote: First, I have installed MGE before adding this mod and it works flawlessly (talking about infinite view distance). When I arrived on mainland I found that MGE infinite view distance does not work, I can only "see" like 20m ahead? Is there solution to fix this "problem" or it is just some kind of limitation in mod?
Did you render distand land for TR?
mrgodBG

tnx

Post by mrgodBG »

Evil Eye, tnx, i totally forgot about that...

And, will somebody answer my #2 question :))))
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

We're doing one province per game. Morrowind for TESIII and Hammerfell for TESIV. The amount of work that goes into making just one province basically ensures that we're only going to do one per game.
"Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names."

"How dare you question the colonnade!" - one of the Glorious Leaders

"Nemon + IKEA = creationism" - some guy

"The layout is awesome, the scale is awesome, the whole city is just awesome!" - Tyrion on Blacklight, circa 2007

Post by Guest »

@Tyrion - tnx for answer :)

Unfortunate, i have another problem... maybe someone can help me...

I reinstalled completely MW-TR-BM, applied all patches, added some well known modes & TR maps (1&2), installed MGE, generated DL textures, loaded my saves, started playing and everything worked fine...

Then... after finishing some quests i went to my Hlalu stronghold to leave some items i previously collected, entered the manor, did what i intended to do and then... when i try to go outside, game starts to load exterior and suddenly crashes... if its worth to mention i can hear rain falling just a sec before the game crashes...

I tried to rest in house before going outside, to spend some time in house doing something etc but without result, game just crashes when i try to go outside...

Just to say that every other save that i have is working good...
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

Morrowind does have a habit of pointless crashes. I have had saves go corrupt and unusable on me in the past, though usually due to constant adjustments to mod lists.

Wrye Mash (someone else can guide you) might be an idea, or downloading the Morrowind Code Patch, which goes some way to stopping some of Morrowind's excessive crashes.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
mrgodBG

Post by mrgodBG »

Bloodthirsty Crustacean tnx for replay, do you really think that my save is corrupted? how can i load it and play game until i try to go outside? i don't know why but i think that rain is a problem...
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

If your old save file has mods associated with it that are in any way altered to removed it will cause lots of problems. You can use Wrye Mash to clean your save file.
"Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names."

"How dare you question the colonnade!" - one of the Glorious Leaders

"Nemon + IKEA = creationism" - some guy

"The layout is awesome, the scale is awesome, the whole city is just awesome!" - Tyrion on Blacklight, circa 2007
mrgodBG

Post by mrgodBG »

OK, first tnx everyone for their effort and quick replay. I managed to solve the problem. Problem was (is) caused by long distance view. I turned off DL in MGE, then loaded my save and go outside the house and exterior loaded without any crashes :). I saved the game and exit, turned on DL in MGE, entered game again and laoded my save successfully :)

Again, tnx everyone for effort :)