New to modding

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

aura

New to modding

Post by aura »

Hi all I'm currently going to school for Game Software Development. I'm not an artist or texturer. My main focus with my schooling is programming. If there is anyone that can help me understand the scripting language better I would greatly appreciate it. Btw I have a couple of scripts written so far. mainly for oblivion. Albeit only one is complete. Don't know if it works yet, tho it didnt kick up errors when i saved it so I think that means it should work :)
Shapeshiftr
Developer

Post by Shapeshiftr »

Hi aura, glad to see someone interested in scripting; we're in need of quest makers at the moment.

I'm not an actual scripter, but I've written a few personal scripts and tooled around with them; I might be able to give you some advice. There are some great tutorials on the main page of this site.

A script that is save-able doesn't necessarily mean it's bug-free. Try running it in game. Sometimes you get errors that aren't syntax errors, such as looping errors.

If you need more help, try registering for the forums, and then you can PM a quester and work with one of them.

Welcome to TR!
Stryker: You're the stalker, right?

Live every day as though it were your last, and some day it will be.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

aura is registered. Posts in off topic do not count towards the post count though and to get "member" you must have 1 post.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo