Question regarding the Telvannis mod

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Rastamage

Question regarding the Telvannis mod

Post by Rastamage »

I apologize if I'm obtuse on the issue. I tried searching out an answer on my own. Is the 2008 update of this mod on PES still the latest one? Is it still considered beta or is it now considered release?

Edit by Myzel: Two year old news threads don't belong at the top of the forum. Split and moved to public discussion.
osiris
TR Tester

Post by osiris »

Rastamage wrote:I apologize if I'm obtuse on the issue. I tried searching out an answer on my own. Is the 2008 update of this mod on PES still the latest one? Is it still considered beta or is it now considered release?
At the moment, the latest version of Map 1 and the only one you need is the one bundled with Map 2. Go here:

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=Mods.Detail&id=7040

Other versions of Map 1 are outdated and not compatible with Map 2. Map 1 is still called 'Beta' only because it still doesn't include the main questline; thus don't let the 'beta' tag fool you: it's fully tested and playable. ;)
Harke the Apostle, Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:26 pm
My book sucks cause it´s a vampire.

Hemitheon, Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:51 pm
*sarcastic*
You know what's also popular? Enormous flying cities and ridable dragons. Maybe TR should invest in navigable ships and underwater cities.
Kovacius

Post by Kovacius »

Seeing as it's been over a year now since the last TR update, I had hoped that the various minor bugfixes and updates to map 1 would have been incorporated and released by this time, regardless of the status of the map's MQ, or of progress on the other maps.

I understand that this is purely a volunteer project, and am extremely grateful for the very existence of this amazing piece of communal work, but the focus on adding fresh areas seems to have diverted away whatever effort was being directed at finishing the first section.

Would it be possible to give some "estimation" as to whether the next Map 1 and/or Map 2 update will be soon or not likely in the near future?
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

The fixes (and some extra quests) for maps 1 and 2 will be incorporated into our next release (Sacred East). Pretty much all that's left to do before the release of Sacred East is NPCs and misc quests for the new areas, shouldn't take too long, but putting a date to it and then not making that date only leads to disappointment.
"If a hermaphroditic, bug-armored, bipolar god-king existing in multiple universes who has his very own bible with *actual* magic strewn throughout it is your idea of a cliche, then I really would like to live in your world." -MK

"You say a lot of things. And how does that work? You're a bicycle"

Tea is important.