A Question about Map 2 2.0

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

JackoWords

A Question about Map 2 2.0

Post by JackoWords »

...I see that this is in testing, but I do not see it for download. Is Map 2 2.0 available to the public yet?

Thanks!
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Nope. Quest design and scripting is still underway. Chances are our next release might in fact be Sacred East 1 rather than Antediluvian Secrets 2. Most claims that will make up Sacred East are currently in the NPC/miscellaneous quest stage, while many faction quests for Antediluvian Secrets (that's Map 2) are still in design stage. Don't hold your breath though, it'll be done when it's done.
JackoWords

Post by JackoWords »

"it'll be done when it's done"

It's definitely the case. Can't help being excited, though. :)

Thanks for the quick response!
Kovacius

Post by Kovacius »

I had hoped that there would at least be some sort of "interim" update or patch for Maps 1 and 2 after all this time. It's about a year and a half since the last release, and I've even heard a couple of people ask whether the TR project was still around. It's obvious to me, since I've seen a few of the posted screenshots, but the project seems to be sliding off the radar for most other players.
alex25
Developer

Post by alex25 »

No there was never much talk about a interim update. Sacred East is going well however so the next release isn't that far away.
Myzel
Developer Emeritus

Post by Myzel »

I had hoped that there would at least be some sort of "interim" update or patch for Maps 1 and 2 after all this time. It's about a year and a half since the last release, and I've even heard a couple of people ask whether the TR project was still around. It's obvious to me, since I've seen a few of the posted screenshots, but the project seems to be sliding off the radar for most other players.
I think updating only with major releases has it's advantages.
I also think that with every new release TR will show up on everyone's radar as a humongous blot.

Administrator Edit: And making a post complaining about there not being a patch every time anyone asks about TR anywhere on the web certainly isn't going to make one appear out of thin air.
Myzel's Art gallery: [url]http://themyzel.deviantart.com/[/url]