installation problems

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

lutherangamer

installation problems

Post by lutherangamer »

I have trouble installing TR.

I have the GOTY version of Morrowind bought from Steam.

I downloaded TR and placed all the files and folders at their proper place (ie BookArt into the Datafiles section and the sound folder into the sound folder (ie the TR folder into the sound folder).

I manually registered TR_data because the BSAReg tool said I should do nothing, everything works, but the BSA was not registered.

I activated the two esm files in the morrowind launcher.

But when I start it says the mournhold craftmans cell isnt loaded and when I want to start a new game or load a save I get an error message as well.

Shouldnt there be a bsa file for TR_Mainland too?

Please help.
lutherangamer

Post by lutherangamer »

Ok I have that. The morrowind ini looks like your printout at dropbox.

But where are the TR Sound and Bookart folders to go? The vanilla morrowing data files folder already contains a sound folder, albeit no bookart folder.

Right now I have the bookart folder in morrowind/data files and the sound folder in morrowind/data files/sound

I also tried putting the modding folder sound/tr folder in morrowind/data files/ sound. I also tried putting the files in sound/tr/fx into the morrowind/datafiles/sound/fx folders and the sound/tr/r folders into morrowind/data files/sound, as a single folder.

But when I start the launcher I get the error message that I cited above (although the main menu still loads). When I start a new game it says "cannot find cell id mournhold in tr loop script).

I use steam and windows vista 54 bit.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Re: installation problems

Post by arvisrend »

The Mournhold Craftman's Hall has nothing to do with TR: it's Tribunal content, and we didn't change anything about it. Have you tried reinstalling the game?
lutherangamer

Post by lutherangamer »

Well when I remove the TR files and uncheck them in the morrowind launcher I get no errors at all, not even when being in tribunal areas. The errors just come up if I use the TR mod.

I googled a bit and found something about redating the files for the steam version of morrowind but this didn't help much either.
Hjolldar

Foreign Morrowind Version?

Post by Hjolldar »

I used to have the same error some time back.
The reason was: I did not use an english version of Morrowind.
I had the german version installed in which Mournhold is named "Gramfeste" (and therefore the cell is renamed as well).

I had to change the TR_Loop_Script to refer to Gramfeste instead of Mournhold and the game was able to start up again.
But many other error showed up. (Dialog incompatibilites, etc)

So I installed an english Version of Morrowind and
everything was fine about that.
Via steam you can download the english version, but that makes
your savegames unusable because they are incompatible to the
english version.

Maybe thats whats happening in your installation as well?

Cheers,
Hjolldar.