Mairon's showcase

In order to implement content in-game, you must be a Developer. This is the place for you to introduce yourself, and apply to become a TR Developer.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Mairon

Mairon's showcase

Post by Mairon »

Hello all,
I'm a great fan of Morrowind, of the TES (but Morrowind and the lore above all) and of the TESCS. I've spent much time with the TESCS, but I've never released any mod (while I've done several but unfinished grand projects, mostly done for my own pleasure). I told myself recently that it would be more productive and useful to see if I could help a bit a project like Tamriel Rebuilt. So here I am.

I didn't know exactly what reviewers would prefer in what regards an interior showcase, so I did for a start this Mournhold/Almalexia-styled apartment (I had just watched the video about TR's amazing Almalexia, so...). I told myself that it would be the home of Balam and Nedra Nethraden, a relatively young dunmer couple that would have recently moved into the capital. Balam is an aspiring poet fond of literature (whether religious or mundane) that hopes to become popular at the court (and also to enter the world of political intrigues), but as of now tries to better himself and mostly declaim before a group of friends ; Nedra mostly wants to rise socially and end her life in an extensive manor ; and both lead a somewhat carefree life that could well end up squandering their rich family wealth if they do not meet success... I like to invent a background for the characters, but I didn't include them in the showcase.

So this is just a little Almalexian rich interior, with a bedroom, a kitchen/servant room, and a dining room/sitting room where Balam performs.

Edit : Ah, the guide has been updated since the last time, or I had not seen the bit about the necessity of de_p furniture. I think I had done some rotations in this interior, but if it's not OK, I can do another one.
Attachments
mairon-showcase.esp
(18.15 KiB) Downloaded 103 times
Jule
Reviewer

Post by Jule »

I'm sorry, but I think you'll have to make a new showcase using de_p furniture.
Le vent nous portera

Tea is important! - Cathartis
Not
Lead Developer

Re: Mairon's showcase

Post by Not »

Mairon wrote:Edit : Ah, the guide has been updated since the last time, or I had not seen the bit about the necessity of de_p furniture. I think I had done some rotations in this interior, but if it's not OK, I can do another one.
Hey, Mairon, sorry about that. Yeah, the guidelines were just recently update to incorporate the de_p guideline. (It's always been a prerequisite for a showcase, but for w/e reason hasn't been in the guidelines for years.)

Anyways, from what I've seen, you have amazing potential, and I wish you the best of luck. I can't wait to have you on the team :D

Also, the cell must be a minimum of 2x3 squares, but it does not need a second floor.

Edit: On the other hand, if you want (and it passes an official review) you could use the interior you just made to fill a potential claim for Almalexia (after you pass your interior showcase of course.) I'm not saying this is definite, but I just want to emphasize how much we appreciate your enthusiasm to help out :)
Not another memory

...And so my bad karma gets worse
Mairon

Post by Mairon »

Hi, OK, I will do another interior, but it will maybe wait (I must pass the oral tests of the Agrégation, a difficult French competitive examination). Then, at the beginning of July, I'll be on vacation.
Thank you Not ;) .
Not
Lead Developer

Post by Not »

Heyy, congrats with your exam. And best of luck to you ^^
Not another memory

...And so my bad karma gets worse
Mwgek
Developer

Post by Mwgek »

Not wrote:Heyy, congrats with your exam. And best of luck to you ^^
I think that passing the exam is required for that comment :). Also goodluck and when you have time on your hands I hope to see you back!
--Mwgek--