Locations

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

klinsk

Locations

Post by klinsk »

Would it be possible to have a list of locations, points of interests, etc. like the one on UESPWiki? (which is horribly outdated [some locations don't exist anymore etc.])
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

Welcome to TR, klinsk! Here is a map displaying most of the major dungeon locations in our current work. It does not include caves or ancestral tombs.--

http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/RyanSTR/media/Tamriel%20Rebuilt/DungeonMapUpdate_zps48bb250e.png.html?sort=3&o=0

I hope you'll find this map useful. :D
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. –Albert Einstein

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. -Ayn Rand
klinsk

Post by klinsk »

Thanks a lot, man :)

EDIT: this looks like the entire continent has been done already, or am I wrong? The current Tamriel Rebuilt "only" encompasses the eastern region.
Theminimanx
Lead Developer

Post by Theminimanx »

The west part has the exteriors in Alfa, you can download them, but they're very incomplete. The southern part looks like it's only the borders that are vaguely mapped out.

On the topic of the wiki however, it might be useful to have someone TR-approved maintaining it. Some of the info could really use updating. I'm OCD enough when it comes to cataloguing things that I'd be glad to do it, but I wouldn't know where to find all the info.
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

That is all of the work TR has created so far; however, only the eastern side has been released as a complete world.(containing interiors/npcs/quests/etc.)

The rest is still at an alpha stage, which you can get on the 'Downloads' page on our website.
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. –Albert Einstein

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. -Ayn Rand
sasquatch2o
Developer

Post by sasquatch2o »

I had to look up user since the post I expected to contain it was missing.. Here is the work by immortal_pigs with most detailed catalog of TR stuff I believe we have compiled.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... _web#gid=0

It'd be great to have more work done on this. There is no literature, relic, quest tabs. Others I havent considered should also be added. Native flora, fauna for each exterior area should also be categorized. Cave and mine interiors could include size (sm-med-large-xx) and flora/fauna. Much more information on each would be really good to have. The data will only be useful of course if it wisely considered in planning and design.
my opinion.
klinsk

Post by klinsk »

That spreadsheet is awesome, it helps me categorize locations.

EDIT: http://www11.zippyshare.com/v/43145578/file.html

I'm making an ultimate Morrowind guide (like I already did for FCOM [Oblivion overhaul mod] and Skyrim), only pay attention to the LOCATIONS tab and tell me what you think (the other tabs are WIP [work in progress]).

MASSIVE SPOILERS AHEAD!! :P