10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Gnomey's picture
Gnomey
Asset DeveloperWriterExterior DeveloperInterior Developer
3 months 20 hours ago

Proposed Agenda

• TR_Mainland fixes
  • The relatively barren stretch of land east of Old Ebonheart, including the St. Seryn Infirmary, and what to do with it, if anything
  • Hlan Oek and other core Hlaalu settlements, specifically stuff like services: distribution of temples, Imperial Cult shrines, taverns, Imperial garrisons, guild presence and so on.
  • Asset Browser Updates (Atrayonis should probably be present for this one)
  • Asset Browser Content. We need to go through what we have and take stock.

Meeting Summary

TR_Mainland Fixes

Rot seems to have these taken care of.

St. Seryn’s Infirmary, and surrounding lands

Gnomey has graciously volunteered to handle it.
St. Seryn’s layout is going to be adjusted by Gnomey to be a more standard Velothi tower rather than a twin-dome structure. The rooms will not be affected, aside from one losing its dome.
Its name will be changed to ‘Serynthul, Infirmary’.
Bridges will connect St. Seryn to the eastern stretch of land, and another bridge will connect it south towards Dondril.
The eastern stretch of land will get a shack with a small farm, the interior being orphaned from Felms Ithul, as well as a small Dunmer camp (using the new Dunmer camp set) with a small herd of velk.
It will also get a new cave for a Fighters Guild quest.
If there are no existing plans for the empty area directly west of St. Seryn, it will get an outlander cowherd trying his hand at raising guar.

Hlan Oek Planning

There will be no guilds in Hlan Oek, an Imperial garrison (Hlaalu architecture) which should have a prison marker, a separate Imperial Cult shrine (also Hlaalu architecture) with divine marker, at least one inn if not two, a proper temple, but without an Almsivi marker, and ship and siltstrider travel services

Indoril-Thirr Splitting

The potential to split Indoril-Thirr into northern and southern halves was discussed.
The split would likely occur just north of Roa Dyr and south of Vhul.
No one at the meeting is familiar with what splitting a section file entails, exactly, only a vague notion of how it is done.
When the release is closer by and it’s easier to tell what will be ready for inclusion into TR_Mainland and what will not, the split can be decided on and carried out by whoever is willing and able.

Two ideas for where it could be split:

Atrayonis's picture
Atrayonis
Developer EmeritusInterior DeveloperQuest Developer
1 year 11 months ago

Creating section files from something that is reasonably developed is a hell lot of work. It took me two full days (at 12-14 hours each nonstop, during a vacation week) to cut out Hlaalu-Thirr and Roryn-Bluff and this is going to be a lot worse.

Basically, you can use Seneca's cell snipping tool, but you will need a csv file containing the cell ids, locations, and names. I got all of them up to date and they are in one of the older Indoril-Thirr archives.

What this tool doesn't snip out is everything else: interior cells, dialogue, NPCs, items, spells, etc. That all needs to be deleted manually from the file you've you created and the file you snipped it out.

Dondril is doable at most, but both scopes here are totally out of whack.

Parker's picture
Parker
2 years 8 months ago

For the record, why would the Indoril-Thirr section need splitting? Sounds like far too much trouble.

Mortimer's picture
Mortimer
Senior DeveloperQuest Reviewer
17 hours 59 min ago

1. If OE is the next release it won't connect to the mainland without tr_preview (or a chunk of indoril-thirr)
2. a huge amount of OE quests send you to the northern half of indoril-thirr
3. most of indoril-thirr is in a semi-finished state except roa dyr and almas thirr
4. cutting those would mean OE and the rest of indoril-thirr can be released at the same time (hopefully march 2018)

if you don't include northern indoril thirr you won't get to enjoy such things as: the fighters guild, the mages guild, the thieves guild, 3-4 misc quests

Kevaar's picture
Kevaar
Developer EmeritusQuest Developer
1 year 6 months ago

What he said. ^ It's not really feasible to write a bunch of faction quests that only take place in OE, without going outside of the city ever.

I personally would like to see Roa Dyr's problems just fixed instead of trying to mess with section files. I like Roa Dyr as it is currently, so I warily suggest maybe we are just being too perfectionistic?

Parker's picture
Parker
2 years 8 months ago

Almas Thirr is actually pretty much finished, as far as general dialogue and NPCs are concerned. If we don't make major changes to Roa Dyr (and please, let's not), it doesn't need that much more work either. Just a few interiors and then NPCs. I actually have some work done on the dialogue too, if no one has any objections to what I've written. Really, I don't think it would take that long to get the whole section ready if we can agree on everything that needs doing. The Ebon Tower actually probably needs just as much work, when you count the remaining interiors, plus NPC placement and dialogue.

Mortimer's picture
Mortimer
Senior DeveloperQuest Reviewer
17 hours 59 min ago

the bottleneck is going to be quests, in that case. the question becomes "would we release almas thirr without quests if it came down to it"

and the matter of who is going to be adding the dialogue to roa dyr/almas thirr. our quest/dialogue people (right now 1.5 people) are slammed with getting OE done

Aeven's picture
Aeven
Developer EmeritusExterior DeveloperInterior Developer
3 days 14 hours ago

Roa Dyr needs new interiors, including redoing the current Ilvi estate which wasn't made for this exterior. But that isn't too big work to do.

Parker's picture
Parker
2 years 8 months ago

Mortimer

the bottleneck is going to be quests, in that case. the question becomes "would we release almas thirr without quests if it came down to it"

and the matter of who is going to be adding the dialogue to roa dyr/almas thirr. our quest/dialogue people (right now 1.5 people) are slammed with getting OE done

Almas Thirr already has finished dialogue (greetings, rumors, secrets, services, backgrounds, ect). I updated all the topics in the Indoril-Thirr file before Gnomey took it over. I can certainly add NPCs and dialogue to Roa Dyr, though quests are a bit beyond my abilities (I've never been good at scripting).

Kevaar's picture
Kevaar
Developer EmeritusQuest Developer
1 year 6 months ago

A while after the fact...

I'm making the tent into an interior claim. This comes after Jani reviewed what interiors are still missing in Indoril-Thirr, and found that this was one of them. http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/claims/aanthirin-tent

It sounds like the shack and its orphaned interior needs to be found and set up still, as well as the edits to St. Seryn's Infirmary though.